Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019

Mate, Mam won't get overwhelmed by NRL footy.. I don't need to say why. Milford still to this day looks like he wants to crawl up into the fetal position in the middle of the field.
I know you don't NEED to say why, but I am interested as to why you believe he would not be overwhelmed.

His defensive reads are pretty terrible (and oddly enough has seemed to have gotten worse since his pre-season with us, read into that what you will about the coaching). He very rarely reads even the basic fullback sweep play correctly at isc level, let alone nrl. He would be a mess defensively.

I think his attack has blunted a little this year due to teams doing their homework, and him looking to be a more team centric player (which is not a bad thing, but in doing so is now missing opportunities for himself). He should be nowhere near the nrl whilst still learning and striking these balances as nrl defence is light years ahead of isc level.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Ummm yeah, I don't really blame Tesi too much for his form in NRL so far.. He has shown he has talent but he got thrown into one of the worst side in the competition. I think he should go to another club like Sharks and play centre or something. He'd do well at a strong, organised club. Maybe he can just go join Coates at Storm. There are options for him.. I'm not sure he has a future at Broncos though with the young guys we have coming through that we need to hold onto.

Mate, Mam won't get overwhelmed by NRL footy.. I don't need to say why. Milford still to this day looks like he wants to crawl up into the fetal position in the middle of the field.

I'm not saying Mam should play right now, I'm saying I'd prefer him over Milford..

I think you are underrating Billy Walters by saying Gamble is the only other option.
Mams defence is terrible. Walters is in the same boat in that respect except Mam has more nattral talent. Neither should be playing as a starting 6 in an NRL side right now. Walters sadly for him won't succeed here. You can bookmark that if you want. He isn't good enough to nail down a spot in the NRL. If he is lucky, he might do OK as a bench utility. That's about it.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
We are already ruining Cobbo. Don't need to break Mam too.

This is exactly right. Unless we are down to our bare bones, we should just leave these young guys learning their trade. When they have proved they can do what we need them to do in ISC against men, then they are ready to make the step up and play in the NRL. The only player in recent years i can recall skipping Qcup is Fifita, and its not exactly helping him right now either. Until then, ignore the hype, ignore the noise about them leaving if they dont play and just let them develop. We dont want the ones who are just focused on fast tracking their careers anyway.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Have we considered approaching the Knights and offering a direct trade, Haas for Ponga?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
He's still lightyears better than our current fullback options

I actually don't think he is necessarily in terms of consistency. Wait, wait, read on!

You will get the occasional brilliance out of him (which you won't get from our current options ever) but you will also get a number of 4 or 5/10 games too. He is highly overrated in those non-elite games and there are still quite a few of them. He will then mask this with a scintillating performance and then back to mediocrity.

He would be an absolute gun though in an ultra-consistent side like the Panthers or Storm but for us, I would only pay half of what he is asking because as good as he is, he is not what our team needs because the whole team is already wildly inconsistent.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Have we considered approaching the Knights and offering a direct trade, Haas for Ponga?
I'd rather Haas any day.

There's only a few players in the competition I'd swap Haas for.

Cam Murray
Manu
Grant
Paps
Tedesco
Cleary
Turbo
B. Smith
Hynes for fullback

That's about it.

The only one in that list that is a remote possibility is Manu if he really wants to be a fullback, the rest are pipe dreams.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Yeah I really, really don't understand all the pumping up of Ponga. He's not even a marquee player in my books. He's good...on the odd occasion. The rest of the time he doesn't stand out, at all. I genuinely don't understand the hype.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Idk, drinky is kinda shitty
I mean he's basically been man of the match so far, but ok... or are you referring to 'drinky' as a nickname... because it is pretty shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Browny
  • Behind enemy lines
  • BroncosAlways
  • teampjta
  • Justwin
  • Dash
  • broncs30
  • Astro
  • thenry
  • peter09
  • winslow_wong
  • Gympie devil
  • johnny plath
  • Allo
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.