Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
My 2023 side. This might make some people mad.

All new players are available to sign for next year.

I think if we start paying Haas 1 mil a year, we could be doomed. I'd rather buy 2 or 3 decent and experienced props with that cash. Sign them for a few years while Willison and Te Kura come through. I'm sick of Flegler, we should release him to the Dolphins or something.. He's on way too much coin.

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Herbie Farnworth
3. Selwyn Cobbo
4. Brenko Lee
5. Jordan Pereira
6. Scott Drinkwater
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Martin Taupau
9. Matt Parcell
10. Siosiua Taukeiaho
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Patrick Carrigan
17. Xavier Willison

18. Brendan Piakura
19. Jordan Riki
20. TC Robati
21. Delouise Hoeter
23. Tyson Gamble
24. Ben Te Kura
25. Ezra Mam
26. Billy Walters
27. Deine Mariner
28. Luke Bateman
29. Billy Walters
30. Eddie Blacker

Losses:
  • Thomas Flegler
  • Tesi Niu
  • Kotoni Staggs
  • Corey Oates
  • Ryan James
  • Albert Kelly
  • Jesse Arthars
  • David Mead
  • Jake Turpin
  • Keenan Palasia
  • Payne Haas
  • Rhys Kennedy
  • Tyrone Roberts
  • Corey Jensen

Gains:
  • Lachlan Coote
  • Scott Drinkwater
  • Matt Parcell
  • Rhyse Martin
  • Eddie Blacker
  • Martin Taupau
  • Siosiua Taukeiaho
  • Braden Hamlin-Uele
  • Luke Bateman
I think Taukeiaho has signed with super league after knocking back the Dolphins

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I’m not sure why any broncos fan would be in favour of a draft. Wouldn’t that just mean we’d lose even more local talent?

1st pick so we can prioritise grabbing our best junior coming through, like Fifi, Haas, Dearden or Coates 👍👍👍

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
1st pick so we can prioritise grabbing our best junior coming through, like Fifi, Haas, Dearden or Coates 👍👍👍

Fifita is so overrated. He's the next Dave Taylor, all the talent in the world but zero work ethic or brains to actually use it. Another tragedy.

Haas is immense.

Dearden should have stayed in reserve grade with us to be tutored by Arey and take over in a couple of years time (if he wasn't given the 6 in the meantime).

Coates I'm still on the fence...bloke can jump but he can't catch. I have no doubt Bellamy will get the best out of him and he is a top class player but I don't think he's the absolute superstar everyone seems to think he is. JYY for example was far, far better.

I don't disagree with you in principle though 👍

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
My 2023 side. This might make some people mad.

All new players are available to sign for next year.

I think if we start paying Haas 1 mil a year, we could be doomed. I'd rather buy 2 or 3 decent and experienced props with that cash. Sign them for a few years while Willison and Te Kura come through. I'm sick of Flegler, we should release him to the Dolphins or something.. He's on way too much coin.

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Herbie Farnworth
3. Selwyn Cobbo
4. Brenko Lee
5. Jordan Pereira
6. Scott Drinkwater
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Martin Taupau
9. Matt Parcell
10. Siosiua Taukeiaho
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Patrick Carrigan
17. Xavier Willison

18. Brendan Piakura
19. Jordan Riki
20. TC Robati
21. Delouise Hoeter
23. Tyson Gamble
24. Ben Te Kura
25. Ezra Mam
26. Billy Walters
27. Deine Mariner
28. Luke Bateman
29. Billy Walters
30. Eddie Blacker

Losses:
  • Thomas Flegler
  • Tesi Niu
  • Kotoni Staggs
  • Corey Oates
  • Ryan James
  • Albert Kelly
  • Jesse Arthars
  • David Mead
  • Jake Turpin
  • Keenan Palasia
  • Payne Haas
  • Rhys Kennedy
  • Tyrone Roberts
  • Corey Jensen

Gains:
  • Lachlan Coote
  • Scott Drinkwater
  • Matt Parcell
  • Rhyse Martin
  • Eddie Blacker
  • Martin Taupau
  • Siosiua Taukeiaho
  • Braden Hamlin-Uele
  • Luke Bateman
Consider my feather’s rustled. .

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Yes it has .
Terry Hill killed the salary cap in the courts .

By the end of 1991 the High Court had overturned the draft system and in 1992 Hill was given a release and he was able to move on to Western Suburbs Magpies.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Hill

the draft was challenged in court, not the salary cap ... in fact there is not mention of the salary cap in that text you quoted

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
I really think we should keep an eye on laurie at the tigers. I read that the tigers have not commenced extension talks. He is a very underrated fullback and was solid in a really poor team. Imagine what he could be in a slightly better team.

Also should keep an eye on jock madden as a succession plan when arey retires. A couple years of an apprenticeship under arey and I think he could be very good/capable replacement.

S

Sanjit Joseph

NYC Player
Oct 21, 2017
Just read on CM, MIlford is appearing in Court on Monday but is also training with SL Magpies, could we offer him a train and trial maybe if he clears court proceedings?

something

something

QCup Player
Jun 6, 2015
Just read on CM, MIlford is appearing in Court on Monday but is also training with SL Magpies, could we offer him a train and trial maybe if he clears court proceedings?
I know a lot of people are anti Milford but I'm not against it.

I also think (re Munster) if bridges can be burnt, bridges can be repaired.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I really think we should keep an eye on laurie at the tigers. I read that the tigers have not commenced extension talks. He is a very underrated fullback and was solid in a really poor team. Imagine what he could be in a slightly better team.

Also should keep an eye on jock madden as a succession plan when arey retires. A couple years of an apprenticeship under arey and I think he could be very good/capable replacement.
Yes. I think Laurie is sooo underrated. I'd love to have him as our FB.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Fifita is so overrated. He's the next Dave Taylor, all the talent in the world but zero work ethic or brains to actually use it. Another tragedy.

Haas is immense.

Dearden should have stayed in reserve grade with us to be tutored by Arey and take over in a couple of years time (if he wasn't given the 6 in the meantime).

Coates I'm still on the fence...bloke can jump but he can't catch. I have no doubt Bellamy will get the best out of him and he is a top class player but I don't think he's the absolute superstar everyone seems to think he is. JYY for example was far, far better.

I don't disagree with you in principle though 👍
It was more in reference to IF a draft were incorporated we would likely just end up picking our own juniors anyway, like the ones I mentioned... and there's every chance these juniors who were deemed best in class coming through just leave in the end... so we're out of pocket from a draft perspective... and other teams would just come in and pick off the other juniors with their draft picks so we'd be in an even worse state.

It's the reason i believe that development from a club level would grind to a halt if a draft was ever brought in

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
College Basketball Dancing GIF by UNC Tar Heels

Milf walking back into Red Hill.

L

Locky888

QCup Player
Aug 28, 2015
Nicho Hynes was the one that got away. There was a period at the start of the season last year when the Broncos could've picked up Hynes for cheap before he broke out with scintillating form, then every man and his dog wanted a piece of him. Congrats to the Sharks for picking up an astute buy, $600k seems like a bargain now.

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
I know a lot of people are anti Milford but I'm not against it.

I also think (re Munster) if bridges can be burnt, bridges can be repaired.
Million dollar milf is why people were pissed. Marquee player, playing bog average or shit most of the time. If the bloke was on 350k, the hate would have been so much less.

He got his stacks and put the cue in the rack. Tail end of last year, we saw vintage milf creeping back in. On a cheap deal, with some mean performance / weight management goals in his contract - might be worth a look with Kelly gone for pretty much the year. He'd actually probably go alright with no pressure of a big contract and ARey to run the team around the park.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Million dollar milf is why people were pissed. Marquee player, playing bog average or shit most of the time. If the bloke was on 350k, the hate would have been so much less.

He got his stacks and put the cue in the rack. Tail end of last year, we saw vintage milf creeping back in. On a cheap deal, with some mean performance / weight management goals in his contract - might be worth a look with Kelly gone for pretty much the year. He'd actually probably go alright with no pressure of a big contract and ARey to run the team around the park.
After seeing how average our team has made Reynolds look I think a lot of us were harsh on Milf.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
I miss Milf's torpedo bombs, they were every bit as good as Burton's. He went to shit, but I will say he obviously worked hard on his kicking game over the years.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016

I would maintain a strong dislike for Milford regardless of how big his salary is. I’m not a fan at all. He had his chances with the Broncos and with the NRL in general. Let him genuinely earn a contract somewhere through playing well in Q Cup for more than 3 games.. Would like if he played a whole season or two before getting an NRL deal. Definitely don’t want that deal to be with the Broncos though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Robboi_321
  • Harry Sack
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • Stix
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Gaz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.