Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
I know these sorts of decisions have to be made, but for once I'd like us to stick with the experienced player over gambling on yet another rookie.

He's also been our best back for the past 2 years. If that doesn't earn you priority in the pecking order, I don't know what does.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Just watching the storm and looking at us, we are so inept in the spine. We can probably only recruit one i'd say for next year, but would we be better with a hooker or a fullback?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Just watching the storm and looking at us, we are so inept in the spine. We can probably only recruit one i'd say for next year, but would we be better with a hooker or a fullback?
Fullback

No good off contract options for either though.

Maybe sign Kodi who can cover both mediocrely

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Definitely a fullback for mine.

Opacic is an excellent signing if Herbie goes, and obviously don't re-sign Brenko.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Fullback

I do like Perham from the Eels, but again, he's unproven. There is Dufty i guess. Apart from that we need to rely on a decent one becoming unhappy at his current club.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Fullback for me... it's one of the most important positions on the field and we are lacking massively in that department.

They're pinning their hopes on Cobbo being a gun fullback, but he looks years off at this stage... and he could easily slip into left center (especially if it becomes vacant with Herbie leaving).

We need a hooker as well, but at least Mozer sounds very promising as a player coming through... he's still years away as well though.

Paix looks promising, but needs to get his minutes and defence up. If we can find a journeyman hooker for 2-3 yrs I think we can cover that position with Paix and then eventually Mozer.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
I think fullback purely for the ability to catch a kick on the full.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Fullback

I would be keen to get Kodi... covers 6 for us until Mam is ready and can be a utility off the bench when Mam does come through.

Price would be the question though... and I reckon Dolphins would also be keen on him

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Fullback for me... it's one of the most important positions on the field and we are lacking massively in that department.

They're pinning their hopes on Cobbo being a gun fullback, but he looks years off at this stage... and he could easily slip into left center (especially if it becomes vacant with Herbie leaving).

We need a hooker as well, but at least Mozer sounds very promising as a player coming through... he's still years away as well though.

Paix looks promising, but needs to get his minutes and defence up. If we can find a journeyman hooker for 2-3 yrs I think we can cover that position with Paix and then eventually Mozer.

I cant make my mind up. A good hooker gets you on the front foot but fullback is so important as well.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I cant make my mind up. A good hooker gets you on the front foot but fullback is so important as well.
I just don't think we have any options for fullback ... like literally zero.

At least for hooker we have Paix and a good young gun coming through.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
We really should be/have been trying Herbie at fullback to see if he is worth fullback money.

Tesi isn't the answer to that problem.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Any good hooker options?

I really cant think of anyone. I know there is always talk of the Cowboys keen to offload Robson for some reason. Apart from that you are still taking a gamble probably on somebody like Parcell or Berrell, or even Lussick from the Rorters but he seems very injury prone.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I really cant think of anyone. I know there is always talk of the Cowboys keen to offload Robson for some reason. Apart from that you are still taking a gamble probably on somebody like Parcell or Berrell, or even Lussick from the Rorters but he seems very injury prone.
Yeah so that's where a guy like Berrell on the cheap with Paix as your no. 1, but coming off the bench after 20-30 to play out the game and give another year to Billy as further depth... might be enough for a year or so until Mozer is getting closer.

You probably want Paix to have a stand out year in ISC/NRL this year if you're going with him as your number 1 hooker for the year though.

Parcell on a cheap deal could also work given he's been a starting hooker for a while so at least he's experienced in that regard... although at a lower level than NRL

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah so that's where a guy like Berrell on the cheap with Paix as your no. 1, but coming off the bench after 20-30 to play out the game and give another year to Billy as further depth... might be enough for a year or so until Mozer is getting closer.

You probably want Paix to have a stand out year in ISC/NRL this year if you're going with him as your number 1 hooker for the year though.

Parcell on a cheap deal could also work given he's been a starting hooker for a while so at least he's experienced in that regard... although at a lower level than NRL

He's a really smart player Parcell, but his form in superleague since he has been there has been very erratic. He fluctuates from brilliance to trash with not much in between.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
If we've lost Herbie, that sucks. He hung around when we sucked, he's one you want to keep, gives his all every single game and we've got like two guys in the whole team that do that. Let's hope it is wrong.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
If we've lost Herbie, that sucks. He hung around when we sucked, he's one you want to keep, gives his all every single game and we've got like two guys in the whole team that do that. Let's hope it is wrong.
Did he hang around? He wasn't off contract the last two years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Lostboy
  • Xzei
  • leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.