Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s be really straight here. Farnworth at fullback is a big no no. Especially considering he could be out of here next year and doesn’t really fix any of the issues we have with tesi. Farnworth isn’t a fullback. As for Tesi I personally think the growth he made in a lot of areas in that last 10 or so rounds at fullback was more than any of us could have asked for. He even improved defensively and started supporting through the middle as well. He even came up with some match winning performances and moments. I personally don’t see Tesi as our long term fullback, I see Cobbo as that, however whilst we have this buzz around the club I think we would profit better off Cobbo developing in a less crucial position and filling the fullback spot with Tesi who really gave this side a punch of energy from the back. My one condition to Tesi playing fullback is that he presents himself in a fit and far less bulky and fat like physique than what he presented early last season and what he has to start this pre-season, cut the weight or we should be cutting him. As for Cobbo, I love him, you love him, we all love him. We need to start negeotating now before Redcliffe gets to much in his ear and he starts shooting his value up. Great player for his age, seems respectable and a humble young man that has the ethic and talent to be very successful. Could do a bit of developing and growing some confidence in the nrl hopefully in the centres where he finished the season really well but I wouldn’t mind him being on that very dangerous right edge in the wing position and practicing his damaging football from the high balls.
Nothing much wrong with this post other than it's hard to read.
Paragraphs, please consider using them. A solid wall of text is revolting.

Well maybe i should qualify it with played 50 games for us,but pearl wasnt exactly known for putting his wingers away let farnworth play to his strengths at left center imo.
You only get cut slack for being a hog if you're a prolific tryscorer like Israel Folau or Steve Renouf (not that either were hogs). Herbie wasn't a prolific tryscorer in his stint in the centres, despite being given 20 games to get the feel of it.

I'm not pushing his case for fullback, but he does have some attributes in his favour. He's strong defensively, he's tall and solid under the high ball, he's fast, he's energetic, and he's an utter brute returning the ball. Most fullbacks these days chime into the backline like a centre, but it's not a rule. He can make yards from the back. Used to be the case that fullbacks almost entirely did their own thing, not unlike the way Herbie plays.

Generally though, if a player is fast, elusive and not inclined to pass, you exile him to the wing.

Although those skills have centred around his running game. He hasn't really shown much in the way of play making or passing.

which is why many people don't want Farnworth to get a go at the back.

IMO, Farnworth has shown more play making/ passing than Cobbo ... but Cobbo has it over him in the strength and speed departments.

So thats why we'd be better putting Cobbo where he can better utilise his strengths ... at centre.

Thats not to say that he won't make an excellent fullback one day, but there's no rush.
Herbie passed the ball about as much as the Bulldogs won games

Nothing much wrong with this post other than it's hard to read.
Paragraphs, please consider using them. A solid wall of text is revolting.
And so is a jock strap but people still wear them. Either get over yourself or don’t read it a bit like with a jock strap get over yourself or don’t look.

You only get cut slack for being a hog if you're a prolific tryscorer like Israel Folau or Steve Renouf (not that either were hogs). Herbie wasn't a prolific tryscorer in his stint in the centres, despite being given 20 games to get the feel of it.

I'm not pushing his case for fullback, but he does have some attributes in his favour. He's strong defensively, he's tall and solid under the high ball, he's fast, he's energetic, and he's an utter brute returning the ball. Most fullbacks these days chime into the backline like a centre, but it's not a rule. He can make yards from the back. Used to be the case that fullbacks almost entirely did their own thing, not unlike the way Herbie plays.

Generally though, if a player is fast, elusive and not inclined to pass, you exile him to the wing.
Apart from maybe Tesi in the front line I can confidently say Herbie is the worst defender out of all our backline stocks.

And so is a jock strap but people still wear them. Either get over yourself or don’t read it a bit like with a jock strap get over yourself or don’t look.
You know, there's another option. You could just pop a break in here and there. I know love, it's hard to accept you're not perfect. You might give it a go though( like it takes only a minuscule effort and it is so rewarding) and simply do it just for others, a selfless act. You do get why most people use paragraphs, right ? It helps us, your target audience.

Apart from maybe Tesi in the front line I can confidently say Herbie is the worst defender out of all our backline stocks.
Interesting difference in observation, I came away with the impression Herbie was one of our least shit in defence. If you can pin Jamayne, Xavier, Tesi and David Mead's defensive cockups on Herbie you could have a case.

Do you reckon Xavier kept coming in off his wing because Herbie wasn't covering his position?

Interesting difference in observation, I came away with the impression Herbie was one of our least shit in defence. If you can pin Jamayne, Xavier, Tesi and David Mead's defensive cockups on Herbie you could have a case.

Do you reckon Xavier kept coming in off his wing because Herbie wasn't covering his position?
All our wingers came off their wings no matter how many deck chairs were shuffled on the titanic. It was a deeper issue than individual players

I can't claim this but whoever made the brent tate comparison with herbie I think is onto something.

He too was a strapping runner of the ball that wouldn't pass to save his life and was solid defensively.

If herbie ends up anything close to taters that'd be fantastic.

I can't claim this but whoever made the brent tate comparison with herbie I think is onto something.

He too was a strapping runner of the ball that wouldn't pass to save his life and was solid defensively.

If herbie ends up anything close to taters that'd be fantastic.
Fake news

Alright, so we have:

1. Cobbo (next Inglis)
2. Farnworth (next Tate)
3. Staggs (next Staggs)
4. Mariner (next Hodges)
5. Oates (next Miles)
6. Mam (next Raiders Milford version)
7. Reynolds (next Langer)
8. Haas (next Lazarus)
9. Mozer (next Smith)
10. Flegler (next Webcke)
11. Riki (next Thorn)
12. Piakura (next Tallis)
13. Hetherington (next Johnson)

14. Gamble (next best bet)
15. Carrigan (next Parker)
16. Willison (next Haas)
17. Robati (next Thaiday)

18. Capewell (next Gillett)
19. Walters (next Walters)
20. Niu (next Lockyer)
21. Turpin (next McCullough)

What a time to be alive!!

Alright, so we have:

1. Cobbo (next Inglis)
2. Farnworth (next Tate)
3. Staggs (next Staggs)
4. Mariner (next Hodges)
5. Oates (next Miles)
6. Mam (next Milford)
7. Reynolds (next Langer)
8. Haas (next Lazarus)
9. Mozer (next Smith)
10. Flegler (next Webcke)
11. Riki (next Thorn)
12. Piakura (next Tallis)
13. Hetherington (next Johnson)

14. Gamble (next best bet)
15. Carrigan (next Parker)
16. Willison (next Haas)
17. Robati (next Thaiday)

18. Capewell (next Gillett)
19. Walters (next Walters)
20. Niu (next Lockyer)
21. Turpin (next McCullough)

What a time to be alive!!
I thought you liked the kid, then you go and do this to him…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Morkel
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.