Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as i like to see them suffer, i think having Reece here is only going to improve us.
Nah **** that... we are competing with storm for a top 4 spot... how does them getting a huge bonus to their squad help us in the long term.

We play them in a couple weeks and I think it will be pivotal to the top 4 race... them having the guy that is intended to be OUR fullback for the next however many years is not a good thing for US.

If he wants to move then he should move to US... we can train him in reggies for a few weeks to get up to speed and keep him there until his defence is adequate... him going to Vic land and scrambling to save their season is not a good thing for us

Nah **** that... we are competing with storm for a top 4 spot... how does them getting a huge bonus to their squad help us in the long term.

We play them in a couple weeks and I think it will be pivotal to the top 4 race... them having the guy that is intended to be OUR fullback for the next however many years is not a good thing for US.

If he wants to move then he should move to US... we can train him in reggies for a few weeks to get up to speed and keep him there until his defence is adequate... him going to Vic land and scrambling to save their season is not a good thing for us

I dont think we have the cap room for him to just move to us. I wouldnt be worried about Tesi playing for the Storm against us anyway. You only have to put him under a little pressue in defence and he cant handle it. I dont see an issue with us moving him on. Storm arent a threat to us these days.

I dont think we have the cap room for him to just move to us. I wouldnt be worried about Tesi playing for the Storm against us anyway. You only have to put him under a little pressue in defence and he cant handle it. I dont see an issue with us moving him on. Storm arent a threat to us these days.
I believe the problem here is one of you is talking about Walsh and the other Tesi re the storm move.

Would of given him a big pay bump too so suck a lemon. We get a beast of a player in Cobbo into the side, that I 100% happy he didn't get left waiting for his shot.
I agree, I think that cobbo is 100% the better rounded football player. The only thing coates has is his speed, something that will be the first to go being a big heavy dude. Will be interesting to see how he goes after this injury

I believe the problem here is one of you is talking about Walsh and the other Tesi re the storm move.

I'm just not bothered if we move Tesi on. If we had enough faith in him to be our 1 we wouldnt have signed Walsh. If he leaves i couldnt care less where he goes. We just have to worry about our own club and whats best for us. Things have changed probably with Walsh being available, but we were apparently prepared to give Herbie a shot at fullback, and Cobbo was also being groomed to play there even with Tesi here. Niu is just a stop gap.

I didn't think niu was our long term fullback option before the season started, I still don't.
However, he has shown enough this year to not completely rule it out now. And judging from what the article says about his work ethic and his desire to improve I think Walsh shouldn't be thinking he is jumping straight into that number 1 jumper without a fight.
They are very different players but at the end of the day the decision should be made purely on what they bring to the team defensively. We are scoring enough points without Walsh, does he add more threat? Of course. But that won't win us the big games, defence will. Niu has lapses and seems lazy sometimes, TMMs input has highlighted this, but his footwork and even his passes now are fuvking exciting.
I really think if Walsh comes this year he should earn his stripes in qld cup, if he comes next year let preseason decide it.

Why is there no media talk about Walsh coming to us early?
Is it because we don’t have the cap space or are we negotiating quietly without leaks and it will be announced shortly?
I would have assumed with us signing him next year it would make sense him coming here early if he’s being benched by the Warriors

With the dramas the storm are having, wonder if we can let them have Tesi so we can bring in Walsh this year.
Nah their vaunted talent identification (not rorting of course…) should get them out of this hole…

The club that petulantly wouldn’t even let donuts start his new job?

Bugger em.

I wouldn’t lend them a player if they had to run out the Sunshine Coast Falcons as their starting team…

Nah their vaunted talent identification (not rorting of course…) should get them out of this hole…

The club that petulantly wouldn’t even let donuts start his new job?

Bugger em.

I wouldn’t lend them a player if they had to run out the Sunshine Coast Falcons as their starting team…

This. The Storm can wallow.

Badel reporting that the Warriors are in the "advanced stages" of negotiations with TMM and have tabled a 3 year offer. Kevvie doesn't want to lose TMM< but thinks he is too good not to be playing regular NRL, which we may not be able to offer him here.

Kevvie says:

“I don’t want to block Te Maire’s development so if he gets a longer-term deal elsewhere, that’s great for him,” Walters said.

“In an ideal world, we would keep him, but the reality is Te Maire deserves to be playing regularly in the NRL and I’m not sure if that’s going to happen here.

“I would love to hang onto him, he has been fantastic for us, but it’s going to be difficult.

“With Reece Walsh coming in and Tesi coming back from injury and playing as well as he is, Te Maire unfortunately may get squeezed out.

“It’s not a case of us not wanting him, but I’m confident there will be better opportunities elsewhere for Te Maire.”

“To be honest, I see Te Maire primarily as a five-eighth,” he said.

“He has done a great job for us at fullback, but I feel six or seven are his best positions and we are well covered there in the halves. Ezra Mam is a long-termer at five-eighth and we have our captain ‘Reyno’ (Adam Reynolds) at halfback.

“Te Maire may leave the nest here but the nest is always open if he wants to come back.

“It’s been a great two-way relationship. We helped get Te Maire back into the NRL and he has repaid that with some great form this year.”

Kevy is right. Sad to see TMM go but the Warriors makes sense for him. Given we are stacked in the halves and at FB it makes no sense to sign him long term. Sucks, he is such a good player and awesome at FB even if it's a bastardised position for him. Oh well, in Kevy we trust!

Hate it . I would love to keep tmm. And let go of niu. But I understand with Walsh coming and the club all in on mam.

but I still feel it’s going to be one we’re the club looks back on and thinks gee we should of kept him.
First mistake our new recruitment had made imo

Hate it . I would love to keep tmm. And let go of niu. But I understand with Walsh coming and the club all in on mam.

but I still feel it’s going to be one we’re the club looks back on and thinks gee we should of kept him.
First mistake our new recruitment had made imo
I don’t think we’ll regret it. I predict he’ll go to the Warriors and disappear into the abyss that is that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • TimWhatley
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  • mrslong
  • davidp
  • Aldo
  • Manofoneway
  • Horseheadsup
  • Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • Fatboy
  • Mighty Bronx
  • ChewThePhatt
  • kiwibronco
  • dirtyharry
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.