Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Rothfield reports Mundine has admitted being paid $300,000 under the table by notorious cap rorters, the Brisbane Broncos:

The Man:

“Yes, it’s true. I got a $100,000 sign-on fee with Super League and $350,000-a-season with the Broncos over three years. Then on top of that they agreed to pay me an extra $100,000-a-year on the quiet. In fact, they gave me three lots of the $100,000 in the first year. It was crazy. So that first season I got $750,000 all-up, which was huge money back in 1996. Once I paid tax, I had enough to buy my house in Sydney from one season of footy.”​

This is the same fool who said Artie Beetson was racist because he didn`t pick The Man in the Kangaroos . But instead picked another indigenous player Laurie Daley . LOL .

Slater has just commented on this subject, inferring him switching to 6 won't affect his chances of retaining 1 for the Maroons:

"I am pretty sure he won’t forget how to play fullback in six months.”​

Interesting. I thought the Storm were of the belief one forgets everything after 6 months.

Slater has just commented on this subject, inferring him switching to 6 won't affect his chances of retaining 1 for the Maroons:

"I am pretty sure he won’t forget how to play fullback in six months.”​
that wasn't my point that he couldn't be the qld 1 , my point was that there could be a situation where walsh could get a crack.
I'm more than happy with Ponga at 1 but also think he has more utility value than our other options.

very good chance of that anyway ... especially if he moves to 6
Thats It Martin Short GIF by PBS SoCal

he’s injury prone be it his body or the way he plays based on Knights game plan.

As long as Ponga is fit, he will be the #1 regardless of Walsh's form.

He won QLD the 2022 Origin series. He's not losing his spot.

Probably going to come down to what Ponga wants unfortunately.

If he doesn't want to play fullback then there's no point having him there - he offers absolutely nothing until the odd occasion he actually feels like playing - at which point he's absolutely electric.

Someone like Ben Hunt will give 100% even if they're playing out of position for the sake of their team... I doubt Ponga is like that. If he decides he wants to play 6 and is done with fullback then I think QLD have to look elsewhere rather than try to force him into it.

If he doesn't want to play fullback then there's no point having him there - he offers absolutely nothing until the odd occasion he actually feels like playing - at which point he's absolutely electric.

Someone like Ben Hunt will give 100% even if they're playing out of position for the sake of their team... I doubt Ponga is like that. If he decides he wants to play 6 and is done with fullback then I think QLD have to look elsewhere rather than try to force him into it.

Hmm I don't know, I have a feeling Billy's enthusiasm might have rubbed off on this current QLD team. Seems like most of them would play anywhere in the team for QLD and give 100%

My mate just told me Brodie Croft has signed an 8 year contract and I was like WTF? He didn't mention it was with a superleague side.

that wasn't my point that he couldn't be the qld 1 , my point was that there could be a situation where walsh could get a crack.
I'm more than happy with Ponga at 1 but also think he has more utility value than our other options.
More utility than Hunt? Walsh could get a crack if there are multiple injuries. Dearden would be selected before Walsh.

More utility than Hunt? Walsh could get a crack if there are multiple injuries. Dearden would be selected before Walsh.
fullback options . and yes like i said there could be a situation where walsh is picked, im not saying he would.

Eeeer ,,, you seem to be forgeting his debut when he played lock in the middle of the field and killed it .

Unread

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Maroon4life
  • Lurker
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • Behold
  • Big Del
  • Porthoz
  • davidp
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Dash
  • maddo
  • TimWhatley
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.