Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Asi on a T&T feels a bit odd to me.

He's young and inexperienced and the positions he plays are largely covered by immovable players...
Center - Herbie, Staggs
Five-eight - Mam
Wing - Oates, Cobbo
Fullback - Walsh

Even as depth I still feel he's a bit too inexperienced to get a real gauge on what type of player he actually is. I'd prefer experienced players in that depth role where you know exactly what you're going to get if you need to call on them to plug a hole in the team.

After the year we've had I think we need some depth in halfback... some experienced depth that can come in if Arey is injured. In Gamble we had a solid option that could come in and do the role. At this stage I'd probably be keen to retain Kelly, but I'd also be keen to look at Clifford.

It feels like he hasn't really been around that long, but he's 24 and has 67 games under his belt, and in the year where Morgan was out injured all the time he was coming in and having to be the first receiving lead playmaker and I felt he looked better in that role compared to be a supporting half alongside Morgan. He also went well at the start of the Knights season this year playing in a similar role. Something has happened to him since that start to the year, but perhaps a move back to Qld could work for him.

I feel we also need some depth in the middle forwards... Flegler is a suspension magnet thanks to NSWRL, Haas could be on the move, we've lost Kennedy and James from the depth chart, Kobe was a walking injury for the back half of the year and on top of all that Pat is now locked into Origin for the next decade.

Jensen needs to be retained fucking ASAP... he's a free agent as of Nov 1, but he's excellent depth to have in our squad and can pretty well be a dependable starting 17 pick every week. Beyond that it's basically youth in Willison and co.

I'd suggest we also need depth in the edge forwards as well... Riki and Capewell both needed a rest at certain points of the year, but our depth were inexperienced youth in Piakura and TC, and then a no frills workhorse. I don't know if Hosking was given a seriously good deal at Penrith, but he's the exact type of depth we need now after losing him. Of all the T&T deals out there I think finding another Hosking should be possible through Ikin's contacts in Qcup.

I don't think Asi is that great. Did well for a couple of games playing 5/8 for the cows then did nothing really. Personally think he is more of a center.

Yeah we haven’t had one of those “my cousin’s best friend’s uncle had a beer with a janitor from a broncos feeder school” rumours in a while.
This is partly the reason why, I'd say. Everyone wants news or rumours but then someone says something they heard and everyone has a go at that person. Then it's pages of team lists and how great of a bloke Huge is.

Is Jensen really not signed for 2023? How is that possible? He's been great for us this year. He's like the thinking man's Kennedy.
Contracted for 2023, but can sign elsewhere for 2024 as of Nov 1

I don't think Asi is that great. Did well for a couple of games playing 5/8 for the cows then did nothing really. Personally think he is more of a center.
Asi is the kinda of bloke you don't mind if he's on minimum wage, and only plays if there are a few injuries. Can cover a few positions to an almost NRL standard.
He should surprise some people. He deserved to start the entire year for Warriors.. I have no idea what they are thinking at that club.

He should surprise some people. He deserved to start the entire year for Warriors.. I have no idea what they are thinking at that club.

He won't make the grade as a regular NRL player.

I see what you’re doing here. Don’t give ammunition to Warriors fans to turn on the Broncos & our coaching dignitaries 😀.
Our highness, Sir Kev’s brilliant Team lists on Tuesday’s and our bench use among many more will become feast to them blokes.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.