Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Playing to the peanut gallery a bit too hard there. Raise your game.

You are just way too easy to suck in man.

But serious question, what was the last player signing announcement Badel got right that wasn’t reported elsewhere first? I genuinely can’t remember.

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
Definitely not a stand out in the little I’ve seen but I get a Jensen vibe from him.
Yeah, he isn’t a top forward(yet) every club want in their 17.
Perhaps getting away from SHITney & getting inspired by the culture at our club would make him develop his game and become another Jensen for us 😉.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Yeah, he isn’t a top forward(yet) every club want in their 17.
Perhaps getting away from SHITney & getting inspired by the culture at our club would make him develop his game and become another Jensen for us 😉.
Yeah put it this way currently he is just an average middle forward nothing to bad nothing to good. Plus side is he has versatility and size. So really he covers a bench spot and turns into nothing more than a Palasia type player next year. But imo he could turn into a pretty good middle forward at our club in the future and maybe even next season but I think that might be a bit wishful. So he replaces Palasia with the hopes he can turn into a Jensen-Flegler quality player. Somewhere between them. Definitely won’t be a liability in the middle however I can’t remember watching him play on an edge so his versatility might be about as useful as Palasia’s.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
We have Pat and Payne on big bucks, we can't afford other game-breaking forwards. Whilst we have those two big names - and they are big names, they are two of THE best forwards in the game, without question - then the rest of our pack is going to be journeymen / bog average. That's the cost of those two blokes, but it's okay as long as they're on the park.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Definitely not a stand out in the little I’ve seen but I get a Jensen vibe from him.
My thoughts exactly. You just have to give them a shot and job to do. From the looks, the Roosters are always on the hunt for flash new toys in the hope of buying a prem. So guys like Baker get sidelined.

He is a ripe age and should hopefully step up and play the Palasia replacement.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
We have Pat and Payne on big bucks, we can't afford other game-breaking forwards. Whilst we have those two big names - and they are big names, they are two of THE best forwards in the game, without question - then the rest of our pack is going to be journeymen / bog average. That's the cost of those two blokes, but it's okay as long as they're on the park.
Depends if he is coming as a Palasia type to cover Flegler or if we are needing to replace Haas

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
Depends if he is coming as a Palasia type to cover Flegler or if we are needing to replace Haas
I reckon he’s giving us all an illusion that he’s coming over as a Palasia type cover but in reality he’s coming over to become another Haas.
Also, add in “culture” why not? 😉

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

This is exactly right.

Thing is we could probably get 2 good quality props for the price of Payne. They wont be the player he is obviously, but we could have an all round better group of forwards.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
This is exactly right.

Thing is we could probably get 2 good quality props for the price of Payne. They wont be the player he is obviously, but we could have an all round better group of forwards.
I don’t think we realistically could get a better group of forwards than our current best crop. Especially if we were able to hold onto them as they continue to develop. Unless we replace Capewell with an out and out gun second rower and a high quality prop.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.