Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

The Haas contract extension still looming as a distraction this season. Trust his management to do what's best for them, their client and then daylight.. in that order.

Can't say I blame Haas for being greedy now that Rugby Australia has entered the discussion, that kind of money is bound to change a few morals, not that's it's required in this case but still.

Club really needs to head this runaway Bronco off at the pass... it's no good when a player is bigger than a club... which incidentally is one of the reasons the Dolphin's are doing so well I think, clear that nobody is bigger than that club this season... probably helps they couldn't land a big ego/marquee.

latest comments from Payne's manager, Ahmad Mehri

“Payne wants to win premierships more than anything else,” he said. “For that to happen he won’t be chasing ridiculous money. He understands that to be in a strong roster capable of winning a title, you can’t have one player taking up too much of the cap.

“He doesn’t want to win just one grand final, he wants to win a few of them.”

“Payne wants to win premierships more than anything else,” he said. “For that to happen he won’t be chasing ridiculous money. He understands that to be in a strong roster capable of winning a title, you can’t have one player taking up too much of the cap.

If thats true, why did they have have a hissy fit last year about money. And if thats true, he wont be chasing over a million.

Is that not a different agent to last year's?

If thats true, why did they have have a hissy fit last year about money. And if thats true, he wont be chasing over a million.

a lot has changed in 12 months ... he probably also realised at that time he wouldn't get the type off offer he thought he'd get.

he hasn't even got the same manager.

Is that not a different agent to last year's?

It appeared so to me, so i checked. last year at the time of his release demand he had just joined with the Father of Reimis Smith

a lot has changed in 12 months ... he probably also realised at that time he wouldn't get the type off offer he thought he'd get.

he hasn't even got the same manager.

Could just be he works for the same player agency that Smith runs.

Because last year we still sucked

If he doesnt sign though it will show what he thinks of his mates. Its a stupid thing to come out and say really. Its sending out a message he thinks his team mates arent good enough.

His agent at least is basically acknowledging to build a good roster players have to sacrifice financially.

If he doesnt sign though it will show what he thinks of his mates. Its a stupid thing to come out and say really. Its sending out a message he thinks his team mates arent good enough.

His agent at least is basically acknowledging to build a good roster players have to sacrifice financially.

And I can't think of any other clubs who will have the coin for him, who are likely to feature as prominently in the end-of-season games as the Broncos can over the coming years. We are a club on the rise, he's part of that, and there's no reason he can't win multiple premierships on pretty good money and not have to uproot his family.

If premierships are legitimately his focus, I'd be pretty confident of keeping him in the short term at least.

And I can't think of any other clubs who will have the coin for him, who are likely to feature as prominently in the end-of-season games as the Broncos can over the coming years. We are a club on the rise, he's part of that, and there's no reason he can't win multiple premierships on pretty good money and not have to uproot his family.

If premierships are legitimately his focus, I'd be pretty confident of keeping him in the short term at least.
Rorters always have the coin.

Could just be he works for the same player agency that Smith runs.

or they could literally have nothing to do with each other. even a rugby league prop would have second thoughts about being represented by Smith after the way he handled that release demand last year

or they could literally have nothing to do with each other. even a rugby league prop would have second thoughts about being represented by Smith after the way he handled that release demand last year

I think it would have been pretty big news if he was changing management for a third time. He's still listed as being on the books of Sportsplayer.

I think it would have been pretty big news if he was changing management for a third time. He's still listed as being on the books of Sportsplayer.

even with your cloud judgement on this situation, surely you can see it is a different manager (regardless of whether he is still being managed by the same company).

but just in case those clouds are a bit think:

1st manager = Chris Orr
2nd Manager = Tyrone Smith
3rd manager = Ahmad Mehri

I have no idea who Mehri works for, but Haas is already going through one fight with a former manager, I doubt he wants a second on his hands, especially around contract time. so let's assume you are right for a second, there's a good chance that Haas has asked for a new manager (from the same company).

I suppose you'll just have to be happy that Patty will be the second highest paid forward in the clubs history.

even with your cloud judgement on this situation, surely you can see it is a different manager (regardless of whether he is still being managed by the same company).

but just in case those clouds are a bit think:

1st manager = Chris Orr
2nd Manager = Tyrone Smith
3rd manager = Ahmad Mehri

I have no idea who Mehri works for, but Haas is already going through one fight with a former manager, I doubt he wants a second on his hands, especially around contract time. so let's assume you are right for a second, there's a good chance that Haas has asked for a new manager (from the same company).

I suppose you'll just have to be happy that Patty will be the second highest paid forward in the clubs history.

I dont have clouded judgement at all. Stop talking nonsense.

Active Now

• Redfern_1980
  • jarro65
  • FACTHUNT
  • Xzei
  • Confidor
  • Strop
  • rj9
  • Skyblues87
  • Justwin
  • Stix
  • Gaz
  • lynx000
  • Browny
  • Dreaglor
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • davidp
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.