Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Absolutely and especially if you consider that is basically flipping Quai-Ward into Sailor. That is a definite upgrade. Obviously you never want injuries but if Walsh did go down, Sailor is a very, very handy replacement.
Most definitely. We can stop using Cobbo as a fullback as well. As decent as he has been its annoying when we move him and both FB and Wing considerably weaken.

Most definitely. We can stop using Cobbo as a fullback as well. As decent as he has been its annoying when we move him and both FB and Wing considerably weaken.

Fair but that said, Arthars is an amazing player to have as first drop. Mariner looked the goods on the wing in his game as well.

Fair but that said, Arthars is an amazing player to have as first drop. Mariner looked the goods on the wing in his game as well.

I actually think Arthars is more suited to centre especially with Cobbo/Oates outside of him. Hes has proven very solid in defence and good awareness laterally. I actually think he would be better at setting up his outside man than Herbie.

I will probably be crucified for saying that 😆

Still think Mariner will be backup. Arthars to wing, Selwyn to left center. Unless the Goatsey leaves of course.

That's the other option for sure, but I don't think Mariner would've re-signed if he didn't think he was going to be playing consistently in first grade next year.

Still think Mariner will be backup. Arthars to wing, Selwyn to left center. Unless the Goatsey leaves of course.

Why have you gone full Badel man? You used to be cool.

Oates said in his interview he’s planning to start conversations on taking up the option soon. Basically the injuries have put the time frame back.

That's the other option for sure, but I don't think Mariner would've re-signed if he didn't think he was going to be playing consistently in first grade next year.

You could probably argue the same for Arthars really. Jesse imo is in front of him right now, up to Mariner to force Kevvies hand in Q Cup.

Why have you gone full Badel man? You used to be cool.

Oates said in his interview he’s planning to start conversations on taking up the option soon. Basically the injuries have put the time frame back.

Its still a mutual option though. Kevvie might not want him.

If Kevvie din't want Oatesy ... I hardly think he was have rushed him back into the side as soon as he was fit. especially with how well Arthars performed in his absence.

you may as well just write Badel's article for him.
Yeah exactly right. Oates was wearing a red no contact bib days before playing. Can't see a bloke who gets paid well below his output getting the boot for Jesse Arthars.

I actually think Arthars is more suited to centre especially with Cobbo/Oates outside of him. Hes has proven very solid in defence and good awareness laterally. I actually think he would be better at setting up his outside man than Herbie.

I will probably be crucified for saying that 😆

Herbie knows people are on about his ball hogging .
He was cracking jokes about just steppin back inside and about how Oates is slow on the Broncos media .

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Rambstien
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mr Fourex
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • Astro
  • Broncorob
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • Skathen
  • Manifesto
  • Stix
  • westy316
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.