Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

If Kevvie din't want Oatesy ... I hardly think he was have rushed him back into the side as soon as he was fit. especially with how well Arthars performed in his absence.

you may as well just write Badel's article for him.

Never said he didnt want him, but who knows what will happen if he happens to pick up another injury or two this season.

Being fair as well, in a tough game against the Sharks with no Cobbo and some Origin players backing up, Oates was a bit of a no brainer inclusion.

Never said he didnt want him, but who knows what will happen if he happens to pick up another injury or two this season.
He didn't just "pick up" an injury...he had his jaw broken by an illegal tackle.

Yes...lets hope he doesn't "pick up" too many more of those this year.

He didn't just "pick up" an injury...he had his jaw broken by an illegal tackle.

Yes...lets hope he doesn't "pick up" too many more of those this year.

Not his second one he didnt. The broken jaw he couldnt do much about.

I actually think Arthars is more suited to centre especially with Cobbo/Oates outside of him. Hes has proven very solid in defence and good awareness laterally. I actually think he would be better at setting up his outside man than Herbie.

I will probably be crucified for saying that 😆
Happy for him to give centre a go but we would miss his safe hands under the high ball on the edge.

You could probably argue the same for Arthars really. Jesse imo is in front of him right now, up to Mariner to force Kevvies hand in Q Cup.

In front of him as a winger, not a centre.

I have to prove injuries won’t affect me at all. “I feel stronger than I have in the past so I have to put some performances together and have the same mindset as I had at the start of the year. “I know I can still give to the team for a number of years, I have about seven left I reckon. “I will let the Broncos deal with that (his new contract) and I will focus on my job, which is playing well for the Broncos every week.”

Article is saying a 2 year extension is being worked on, and his manager is quoted as saying he's happy and working on a deal to stay a one club player.

I have to prove injuries won’t affect me at all. “I feel stronger than I have in the past so I have to put some performances together and have the same mindset as I had at the start of the year. “I know I can still give to the team for a number of years, I have about seven left I reckon. “I will let the Broncos deal with that (his new contract) and I will focus on my job, which is playing well for the Broncos every week.”

Article is saying a 2 year extension is being worked on, and his manager is quoted as saying he's happy and working on a deal to stay a one club player.
With Oates looking to resign and Cobbo already on the books, Arthars must really like the Broncos to re-sign with us. I'm sure he would have got a starting position at other clubs.

With Oates looking to resign and Cobbo already on the books, Arthars must really like the Broncos to re-sign with us.

Look Whos Talking Now Omg GIF

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Hurrijo
  • Alec
  • Santa
  • Dee
  • Rambstien
  • blacknwhite
  • Canga
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.