Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Am I crazy for liking the idea below?!
Or is he too similar to Walsh and Mam?
Is that a bad thing? So many questions

“Coming off contract at season’s end, Sailor could well field a wealth of offers on the back of his solid Magpies campaign.

However, Hunt believes the utility value he brings will make him an invaluable Brisbane asset beyond 2023 - potentially even as a long-term halfback replacement for skipper Adam Reynolds”.

1. Walsh
6. Mam
7. Sailor
9. Mozer

“Coming off contract at season’s end, Sailor could well field a wealth of offers on the back of his solid Magpies campaign.

However, Hunt believes the utility value he brings will make him an invaluable Brisbane asset beyond 2023 - potentially even as a long-term halfback replacement for skipper Adam Reynolds”.

1. Walsh
6. Mam
7. Sailor
9. Mozer
It works for storm with Munster, Hughes and Paps all being runners... and even Harry.

They don't have a game manager, just rely on a high octane attack and defending for their lives

1. Walsh
6. Mam
7. Sailor
9. Mozer
Don’t love the idea but we aren’t in a position to be picky. Brad Schneider, Coby Black, Tom Duffy or Toby Sexton is about as good as our options get I reckon. Obviously we have Coby but I reckon we need to move in on another option just because I don’t think Coby will have the ability to once Reyno retires. Sexton would be my pick I would love to see what his talent could do for us. Madden has lost all hope of being the future and if we were to snag a different player I would get rid of him tomorrow.

Don’t love the idea but we aren’t in a position to be picky. Brad Schneider, Coby Black, Tom Duffy or Toby Sexton is about as good as our options get I reckon. Obviously we have Coby but I reckon we need to move in on another option just because I don’t think Coby will have the ability to once Reyno retires. Sexton would be my pick I would love to see what his talent could do for us. Madden has lost all hope of being the future and if we were to snag a different player I would get rid of him tomorrow.
I'd take Toby for sure.

He has a decent kicking game and a very good goal kicker... has now been spending a few years down in ISC running a team.

He also showed some very nice ball playing skills when in NRL.

I don't necessarily think he's fallen out of favour with the titans, I think they just want him to be down in ISC to develop.

I think he's dropped out of the NRL side, because he's not some Joey/JT/Lockyer reincarnate that can manage the game whilst also creating points, but that's kind of where titans needed him to be.

They didn't have enough weapons around him when he was in first grade and he was buckling under the pressure of being expected to do everything for them.

Put him in the broncos after Reynolds and he's got Walsh and Ezra there, as well as Patty building as a middle link man.

Sexton wouldn't be a bad depth option, but first choice halfback? The same Sexton who was delegating to Jarrod Wallace? The Broncos need a 7 who takes the game by the scruff of the next, not another Brett Seymour type who has a nice highlights reel but struggles to lead the team around.

I would be getting on the phone if I were Kev (only once, because Hunt only needs to hear it once), and making his future very clear: "Play 9 for us and win a premiership. Play 7 for the Titans and win nothing."

I would be getting on the phone if I were Kev (only once, because Hunt only needs to hear it once), and making his future very clear: "Play 9 for us and win a premiership. Play 7 for the Titans and win nothing."
Where is Billy supposed to play?

This. I know he wants to play 7. And he has the right to demand it. But he can do that in Super League from 2026. There are many areas of "the universe being righted" that would result from Ben Hunt winning a premiership with the Broncos.

Hunt wouldn't stand up to the NRL requirements of being a hooker every single week.

People need to stop watching highlight reels.

Him sharing the role with another hooker, he'd handle it just fine.

He wasn't always a halfback in the NRL.

Hunt wouldn't stand up to the NRL requirements of being a hooker every single week.

People need to stop watching highlight reels.

He wouldn't be an 80 min hooker but could play 50-60 quality minutes.

although people need to forget about it because, he's simply not going to play hooker at club level as long as he has clubs that are prepared to play him at half back

Are we any closer to re-signing Haas or do you think he is leaving.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Justwin
  • Manofoneway
  • Financeguy
  • ettybay
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.