Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Out of curiousity is the Broncos still paying for non club players contracts like Lodge TPJ McCullough?

I wouldn't be reading anything at all into stats against Scotland, I imagine just about everyone had numbers through the roof.

This was an opposition that literally had two tackles in the Aussie 20 only and this was on the back of a Holmes dropped kick off in the last two minutes of the game and before Australia did their 1000th one on one strip.

Badel reporting Manly ”about to blow Broncos out of the water” with huge Tom Flegler offer.

We are probably going to have to lose someone, shame it will likely be Tom.

I think Seibold always liked him, maybe its a confirmation he'll be coach. I like Tom too, but I just can't help but feel he'll never really be consistent and that he'll always be a penalty/error magnet. I'd like for him to prove me wrong because he's a nice fella and also someone who really never gets into trouble off the field, but the Broncos can't really go into a bidding war for him.

Badel reporting Manly ”about to blow Broncos out of the water” with huge Tom Flegler offer.
Ha ha they best sign him before Pies gets there otherwise they have no chance. Come to think of it Tom will probably have a get out clause in any contract he signs with Manly.

We are probably going to have to lose someone, shame it will likely be Tom.
If we were to lose flegler, resigning Jensen (who is also off contract) is essential. I would also look to sign a high intensity/impact or big bodied middle forward that can bend the line. Royce hunt, bunty afoa, lachlan timm etc. are available in 2024.

Maybe use the surplus/savings from flegler's contract to keep herbie who i think is more valuable to the team than staggs is, but unfortunately I think the dolphins will blow our offer out of the water for 2024.

What's wrong with a bloke taking a huge contract? Good on Flegler if Manly pay him massive overs. I assume many on here will blacklist him for life.
I don’t have much of an issue with it. He loves a suspension and I wouldn’t be paying him anymore than what he is currently on..
Bully was talking about how great it was going to be getting out of his comfort zone and playing in a finals footy team. Just mentioning how well that worked out for him at Manly.

Not a big fan, it's hard to know what he's on because all reports of his wage vary wildly, but he's not worth a cent over 500k until he demonstrates consistency and stops getting suspended. Certainly wouldn't get into a bidding war, if another club will throw 800k at him he should take it and run, careers are short, get that bag.

Not a big fan, it's hard to know what he's on because all reports of his wage vary wildly, but he's not worth a cent over 500k until he demonstrates consistency and stops getting suspended. Certainly wouldn't get into a bidding war, if another club will throw 800k at him he should take it and run, careers are short, get that bag.

that will happen when he puts on a different jersey

Wow. Just wow.

I'm really liking the player flegler is becoming but in no known dimensions is flegler worth 4 million no matter over how many years the contract is spread. 4 years would be astronomically bad, 5 years would be just as bad with an extra year but still way too much $ per year, 6 years would be closer to the right price (still too much) but then you've got him on a big contract for 6 bloody years, 7 years makes it closer to the right price (still too much) but you don't give a suspension magnet (despite the fact his current jersey is its major contributor) a 7 year contract ffs.
Even if this is a large exaggeration it's still overs, wtf is wrong with manly lol

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Browny
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Brocko
  • marw
  • Fitzy
  • Gaz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • teampjta
  • winslow_wong
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.