Mann (Knights)
Nanai (Cowboys)
Robson (Cowboys)
Luke (Panthers)
Cook (Rabbitohs)
WALKER (Roosters)
Hastings (Tigers)

didn't the good Fifita recently re-sign with the Titans 😝

but honestly there isn't too much quality on that list.

we should definitely do everything in our power to keep Herbie

we should also do our best to keep Flegs (3 years @ $500 - $600k (i've taken into account the likely cap increases))

I'd go all out for Robson, we do have some quality coming through in Mozer, but he is several years away from being ready to be our full time hooker.

I'd make a play for Walker, but we won't stand a chance against uncle Nick's love for golf

the rest are meh (Nanai is decent, but won't be worth the money we'll have to pay)

Chewed

Chewed

QCup Player
Feb 1, 2017
One of the rags saying we might throw Tristan Sailor a life line. He had his case dismissed, found not guilty or whatever so not sure about the optics.

Would be a good pick up though, can play 6 and 1 and has a lot of skills. Would really challenge Walsh, Tesi and Mam so I'm for it. Halves/fullback depth would be great.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
One of the rags saying we might throw Tristan Sailor a life line. He had his case dismissed, found not guilty or whatever so not sure about the optics.

Would be a good pick up though, can play 6 and 1 and has a lot of skills. Would really challenge Walsh, Tesi and Mam so I'm for it. Halves/fullback depth would be great.

Very, very deep depth option at best. I didn't think he was that good in Queensland Cup last season from the bits I watched. Not to mention he's turning 25 next year, there's not a great deal of growth left there.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

it's a train and trial contract

Chewed

Chewed

QCup Player
Feb 1, 2017
Very, very deep depth option at best. I didn't think he was that good in Queensland Cup last season from the bits I watched. Not to mention he's turning 25 next year, there's not a great deal of growth left there.

He looked ok to me in a bad Magpies team, good ball playing. He might not get a run but will help the team out.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
He looked ok to me in a bad Magpies team, good ball playing. He might not get a run but will help the team out.
Yeah, I thought he stood out in that side. He's not as electric as Tesi, but more than Billy. But he's not as much of a serial fuckup either. I don't see him threatening Ezra in the halves or Reece at fullback.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Sailor a couple of years ago i would have said yes, but he hes been involved in a bit of drama off field. Kind of worry's me. At most probably a depth signing.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020

He was found guilty of being a prank footy player getting attention because of his surname, without showing any actual ability. Quite the vile charge.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
He was found guilty of being a prank footy player getting attention because of his surname, without showing any actual ability. Quite the vile charge.
I definitely think this train and trial was made happened by his surname (not insinuating his dad had anything to do with it but it draws more attention) as his performances weren’t at a standard to get a call up. However I don’t agree that he was a prank footy player living off his surname before the allegations one bit. He was quite the footballer before that situation. Being younger than TMM and having similar periods out, a pre-season might be all it takes to get him back on track, all be it not at the standard of TMM. I think over the past 2 years we have a decent track records handing out lifelines and really getting the best out of failing footy players or cup players who might not have the same amount of skill as that ‘superstar kid’ but has the brains and ethics. It’s only a train and trial no harm can be done (I hope). If he fails fine if he succeeds it was worth it. Not worth getting knickers in a knot and not worth getting excited about.

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
I actually hate the saillor train and trial deal for several reasons:
-I think he is scum.
-He is the epitome of the "entitled player" that we have spent years trying to clear out of our squad.
-i fear he could have a negative influence on our squad.
-There are several other qcup players i feel have earnt that opportunity.

I am glad Jack ahearn looks to have got a train and trial. He on the other hand would be really good to have around the squad and a reward for several years of good performances.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
I definitely think this train and trial was made happened by his surname (not insinuating his dad had anything to do with it but it draws more attention) as his performances weren’t at a standard to get a call up. However I don’t agree that he was a prank footy player living off his surname before the allegations one bit. He was quite the footballer before that situation. Being younger than TMM and having similar periods out, a pre-season might be all it takes to get him back on track, all be it not at the standard of TMM. I think over the past 2 years we have a decent track records handing out lifelines and really getting the best out of failing footy players or cup players who might not have the same amount of skill as that ‘superstar kid’ but has the brains and ethics. It’s only a train and trial no harm can be done (I hope). If he fails fine if he succeeds it was worth it. Not worth getting knickers in a knot and not worth getting excited about.
Quite the footballer? He had a handful of highlights at best. Calling him average would be a huge compliment.

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
-I think he is scum.
-He is the epitome of the "entitled player" that we have spent years trying to clear out of our squad.

I am glad Jack ahearn looks to have got a train and trial. He on the other hand would be really good to have around the squad and a reward for several years of good performances.
Nailed it!
We took forever to clean out the nuisance pricks from the squad yet we sign another. My only hope is, it remains at that & no game time at all at NRL level. Don’t want to see him in Broncos colors ever.

I ike Jack Ahearn signing too. Walsh has to be kept humbled and grounded and this signing goes a long way in doing that.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
-I think he is scum.

Based on what? Genuine question.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
-I think he is scum.

Completely agree with where you're coming from but you're a bit guilty of staging your own little kangaroo court here. We're all a bit crotchety about the roster after the end of the season disaster, and some of us are at odds over the coach's week to week selections, not least of all his son. But, I don't see anyone accusing the club of falling asleep on "scum." Even on the subject of Billy, no one is accusing him of having a bad attitude or even acting entitled (despite what is literally an entitlement by birth). It's purely about skill.

I'm prepared to trust the admin on this one, but that withstanding still share your concern that we're collecting players lower than the standard we need.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
-I think he is scum.

Do you know him personally?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
According to Zero Tackle, this is the full list of players who can now be offered contracts for 2024:

Brisbane Broncos:
Jesse Arthars, Herbie Farnworth, Thomas Flegler, Corey Jensen, Tesi Niu, Corey Oates, Cory Paix, Keenan Palasia, Jordan Pereira, Ethan Quai-Ward, Tyson Smoothy
*Interesting Smoothy is down as an official signing

Canberra Raiders:
Jarrod Croker (player option), Matt Frawley, Emre Guler, Peter Hola (player option), Albert Hopoate, Jordan Rapana, Brad Schneider, Harley Smith-Shields, Tom Starling (player option), Adrian Trevilyan, Clay Webb, Jack Wighton (player option)

Canterbury Bulldogs
Paul Alamoti, Corey Allan, Jake Averillo, Bailey Biondi-Odo, Braidon Burns, Matt Burton (player option), Joshua Cook, Andrew Davey, Kyle Flanagan, Jayden Okunbor, Chris Patolo, Franklin Pele, Hayze Perham, Ava Seumanufagai, Luke Thompson, Corey Waddell

Cronulla Sharks
Jayden Berrell, Mawene Hiroti, Royce Hunt, Matt Ikuvalu, Sione Katoa, William Kennedy, Lachlan Miller, Jesse Ramien, Siosifa Talakai, Jenson Taumoepeau, Braydon Trindall, Teig Wilton

Gold Coast Titans
David Fifita, Patrick Herbert, Brian Kelly, Alofiana Khan-Pereira, Greg Marzhew, Sam McIntyre, Paul Turner, Joseph Vuna

Manly Sea Eagles
Ethan Bullemor, Lachlan Croker, Reuben Garrick, Morgan Harper, Brad Parker, Toafofoa Sipley, Ben Trbojevic, Alec Tuitavake, Kaeo Weekes

Melbourne Storm
Grant Anderson, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Tom Eisenhuth, Jordan Grant, Dean Ieremia, George Jennings, Tui Kamikamica, Josh King, Nick Meaney, Tepai Moeroa, Jayden Nikorima, Jonah Pezet, Tariq Sims, Will Warbrick, Tyran Wishart

Newcastle Knights
Adam Clune, Lachlan Fitzgibbon, Tyson Frizell, Bailey Hodgson, Hymel Hunt, Jack Johns, Brodie Jones, David Klemmer, Kurt Mann, Chris Randall, Enari Tuala, Dominic Young

New Zealand Warriors
Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Shaun Johnson, Edward Kosi, Marcelo Montoya, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Adam Pompey, Bayley Sironen, Jazz Tevaga

North Queensland Cowboys
Mitchell Dunn, Brendan Elliot, Brendan Frei, Jack Gosiewski, Jake Granville, Ben Hampton, Peta Hiku, Jordan McLean, Laitia Moceidreke, Jeremiah Nanai, Riley Price, Reece Robson, Taniela Sadrugu, James Tamou, Jamayne Taunoa-Brown

Parramatta Eels
Waqa Blake, Dylan Brown, Nathan Brown, Bryce Cartwright, Wiremu Greig, Mitchell Moses (player option), Will Penisini, Mitch Rein, Bailey Simonsson (player option), Maika Sivo, Josh Tuipulotu

Penrith Panthers
Eddie Blacker, Jack Cogger, Jack Cole, Stephen Crichton, Thomas Jenkins, Spencer Leniu, Soni Luke, Liam Martin, Tyrone Peachey, Chris Smith, Scott Sorensen, Brian To'o

South Sydney Rabbitohs
Zane Bijorac, Thomas Burgess, Jed Cartwright, Michael Chee-Kam, Damien Cook, Siliva Havili, Dean Hawkins, Jacob Host, Richie Kennar, Liam Knight, Latrell Mitchell, Hame Sele, Blake Taaffe, Cody Walker

St George Illawarra Dragons
Billy Burns, Jack de Belin (player option), Tyrell Fuimaono, Josh Kerr, Blake Lawrie, Jacob Liddle, Nick Lui-Toso, Moses Mbye, Andrew McCullough, Tautau Moga, Zane Musgrove, Mikaele Ravalawa (player option), Aaron Woods

Sydney Roosters
Renouf Atoni, Fletcher Baker, Egan Butcher, Drew Hutchison, Adam Keighran, Terrell May, Victor Radley, Billy Smith, Joseph Suaalii (player option), Daniel Tupou, Jake Turpin, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Sam Walker, Connor Watson

The Dolphins
JJ Collins, Herman Ese'ese, Poasa Faamausili, Tom Gilbert, Oliver Gildart, Mason Teague
*Interestingly, The is the official location of this team

Wests Tigers
Luke Brooks, Adam Doueihi, Jackson Hastings, Daine Laurie, Junior Pauga, Alex Seyfarth, Tukimihia Simpkins, Charlie Staines, Tommy Talau

So which players should we be interested in?

My thoughts:
Sam Walker - number 1 priority
Herbie Farnworth
Tom Flegler
Corey Jensen
Cory Paix
Corey Oates
Soni Luke
Reece Robson
Jackson Hastings
David Klemmer
David Fifita
Braydon Trindall
Brad Schneider

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
According to Zero Tackle, this is the full list of players who can now be offered contracts for 2024:

Brisbane Broncos:
Jesse Arthars, Herbie Farnworth, Thomas Flegler, Corey Jensen, Tesi Niu, Corey Oates, Cory Paix, Keenan Palasia, Jordan Pereira, Ethan Quai-Ward, Tyson Smoothy
*Interesting Smoothy is down as an official signing

Canberra Raiders:
Jarrod Croker (player option), Matt Frawley, Emre Guler, Peter Hola (player option), Albert Hopoate, Jordan Rapana, Brad Schneider, Harley Smith-Shields, Tom Starling (player option), Adrian Trevilyan, Clay Webb, Jack Wighton (player option)

Canterbury Bulldogs
Paul Alamoti, Corey Allan, Jake Averillo, Bailey Biondi-Odo, Braidon Burns, Matt Burton (player option), Joshua Cook, Andrew Davey, Kyle Flanagan, Jayden Okunbor, Chris Patolo, Franklin Pele, Hayze Perham, Ava Seumanufagai, Luke Thompson, Corey Waddell

Cronulla Sharks
Jayden Berrell, Mawene Hiroti, Royce Hunt, Matt Ikuvalu, Sione Katoa, William Kennedy, Lachlan Miller, Jesse Ramien, Siosifa Talakai, Jenson Taumoepeau, Braydon Trindall, Teig Wilton

Gold Coast Titans
David Fifita, Patrick Herbert, Brian Kelly, Alofiana Khan-Pereira, Greg Marzhew, Sam McIntyre, Paul Turner, Joseph Vuna

Manly Sea Eagles
Ethan Bullemor, Lachlan Croker, Reuben Garrick, Morgan Harper, Brad Parker, Toafofoa Sipley, Ben Trbojevic, Alec Tuitavake, Kaeo Weekes

Melbourne Storm
Grant Anderson, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Tom Eisenhuth, Jordan Grant, Dean Ieremia, George Jennings, Tui Kamikamica, Josh King, Nick Meaney, Tepai Moeroa, Jayden Nikorima, Jonah Pezet, Tariq Sims, Will Warbrick, Tyran Wishart

Newcastle Knights
Adam Clune, Lachlan Fitzgibbon, Tyson Frizell, Bailey Hodgson, Hymel Hunt, Jack Johns, Brodie Jones, David Klemmer, Kurt Mann, Chris Randall, Enari Tuala, Dominic Young

New Zealand Warriors
Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Shaun Johnson, Edward Kosi, Marcelo Montoya, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Adam Pompey, Bayley Sironen, Jazz Tevaga

North Queensland Cowboys
Mitchell Dunn, Brendan Elliot, Brendan Frei, Jack Gosiewski, Jake Granville, Ben Hampton, Peta Hiku, Jordan McLean, Laitia Moceidreke, Jeremiah Nanai, Riley Price, Reece Robson, Taniela Sadrugu, James Tamou, Jamayne Taunoa-Brown

Parramatta Eels
Waqa Blake, Dylan Brown, Nathan Brown, Bryce Cartwright, Wiremu Greig, Mitchell Moses (player option), Will Penisini, Mitch Rein, Bailey Simonsson (player option), Maika Sivo, Josh Tuipulotu

Penrith Panthers
Eddie Blacker, Jack Cogger, Jack Cole, Stephen Crichton, Thomas Jenkins, Spencer Leniu, Soni Luke, Liam Martin, Tyrone Peachey, Chris Smith, Scott Sorensen, Brian To'o

South Sydney Rabbitohs
Zane Bijorac, Thomas Burgess, Jed Cartwright, Michael Chee-Kam, Damien Cook, Siliva Havili, Dean Hawkins, Jacob Host, Richie Kennar, Liam Knight, Latrell Mitchell, Hame Sele, Blake Taaffe, Cody Walker

St George Illawarra Dragons
Billy Burns, Jack de Belin (player option), Tyrell Fuimaono, Josh Kerr, Blake Lawrie, Jacob Liddle, Nick Lui-Toso, Moses Mbye, Andrew McCullough, Tautau Moga, Zane Musgrove, Mikaele Ravalawa (player option), Aaron Woods

Sydney Roosters
Renouf Atoni, Fletcher Baker, Egan Butcher, Drew Hutchison, Adam Keighran, Terrell May, Victor Radley, Billy Smith, Joseph Suaalii (player option), Daniel Tupou, Jake Turpin, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Sam Walker, Connor Watson

The Dolphins
JJ Collins, Herman Ese'ese, Poasa Faamausili, Tom Gilbert, Oliver Gildart, Mason Teague
*Interestingly, The is the official location of this team

Wests Tigers
Luke Brooks, Adam Doueihi, Jackson Hastings, Daine Laurie, Junior Pauga, Alex Seyfarth, Tukimihia Simpkins, Charlie Staines, Tommy Talau

So which players should we be interested in?

My thoughts:
Sam Walker - number 1 priority
Herbie Farnworth
Tom Flegler
Corey Jensen
Cory Paix
Corey Oates
Soni Luke
Reece Robson
Jackson Hastings
David Klemmer
David Fifita
Braydon Trindall
Brad Schneider

It won't happen but if we got Reece Robson we would be sweet.

Farnworth through Oates should all be re-signed.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Scdeac
  • Santa
  • john1420
  • Bucking Beads
  • whykickamoocow
  • Bish
  • Broncs1459
  • Financeguy
  • HVbronco
  • Scorchie
  • Culhwch
  • Locky's Left Boot
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.