Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

You could make a list for pretty much every club in the competition. They all do it. We've done it plenty of times ourselves.
Come on, bud. No one has done it on this scale or as blatantly, I know you’re a Dolphins apologist but you are becoming the Foordy of the Phins.

The club shouldn’t be in the position where they need to do it but they are and the NRL is equally to blame. The admin of this sport is a total shit show.

Come on, bud. No one has done it on this scale or as blatantly, I know you’re a Dolphins apologist but you are becoming the Foordy of the Phins.

The club shouldn’t be in the position where they need to do it but they are and the NRL is equally to blame. The admin of this sport is a total shit show.
I think you are pretty naive if you don't think every other club does it all the time. We did it with Milford for example, and Walsh. A player doesn't just decide out of the blue they want to leave their current club and have a specific club in mind they are joining unless they have had talks beforehand. Players have been tapped up for decades.

If the NRL clear the Dolphins will you accept they did nothing wrong like they cleared us with the Oloapu contract or will you still be sceptical?

I think Wolfie is edging closer to Huge/Sharks levels.

Pretty sad that we have 4 players who have asked for a release
Isaako (granted)
Haas (denied)
Lee (granted)
Turpin (granted)
Gamble (granted)
Mariner (denied)
Oloapu (denied)

But on the plus side we're getting two we released/loaned back in Walsh and Arthars.

I think you are pretty naive if you don't think every other club does it all the time. We did it with Milford for example, and Walsh. A player doesn't just decide out of the blue they want to leave their current club and have a specific club in mind they are joining unless they have had talks beforehand. Players have been tapped up for decades.

If the NRL clear the Dolphins will you accept they did nothing wrong like they cleared us with the Oloapu contract or will you still be sceptical?
Clubs do it, sure but none have been so open or aggressive about it. The only recent example you could point to for us was Milford 8 years ago. James Roberts was probably another one not to unlike the Karl situation. Walsh and Warriors seemed to have been played out quite courteously from all accounts and Warriors seemed happy with the deal so I don’t think that counts. There’s a level of professional courtesy involved when 2 clubs discuss an early release rather than 1 club offering a bigger deal to a contracted player and their manager pushing for a release after the club denies it.

Yes I will still be skeptical if the NRL clears the Dolphins because Wayne and players have spoken openly about the Dolphins flaunting the rules for months. But because it’s in the NRLs best interest to pretend it’s not happening and the comp has zero integrity left anyway, the outcome of any NRL investigation into the Dolphins tampering has a foregone conclusion.

On a side note, just because the NRL said nothing fishy happened with Oloapu’s contract that doesn’t mean I don’t think the club is completely innocent in the way he was handled.

Clubs do it, sure but none have been so open or aggressive about it. The only recent example you could point to for us was Milford 8 years ago. James Roberts was probably another one not to unlike the Karl situation. Walsh and Warriors seemed to have been played out quite courteously from all accounts and Warriors seemed happy with the deal so I don’t think that counts. There’s a level of professional courtesy involved when 2 clubs discuss an early release rather than 1 club offering a bigger deal to a contracted player and their manager pushing for a release.

Yes I will still be skeptical if the NRL clears the Dolphins because Wayne and players have spoken openly about the Dolphins flaunting the rules for months. But because it’s in the NRLs best interest to pretend it’s not happening and the comp has zero integrity left anyway, the outcome of any NRL investigation into the Dolphins tampering has a foregone conclusion.

On a side note, just because the NRL said nothing fishy happened with Oloapu’s contract that doesn’t mean I don’t think the club is completely innocent in the way he was handled.
Bennett's been doing this shit his entire career. He knows how to bend the rules in his favour. Want out of a contract? Just get yourself sacked.

Look at Herbie being linked to the Roosters in 2024. He's allowed, compelled even, to speak to any club who can offer him a career package better than he's on. He's not breaking any rules by talking to the Roosters now, and if they happen to sneakily suggest he ask for a transfer to sign immediately in return for (insert incentive here), it would be difficult to pin that on the Roosters. Most here would blame the player agent. Who wouldn't give a shit about taking the fall.

On a different, but related, note Mariner potentially leaving would be good news for Farnworth and Oates' job security. That's currently a crash waiting to happen.

Bennett's been doing this shit his entire career. He knows how to bend the rules in his favour. Want out of a contract? Just get yourself sacked.

Look at Herbie being linked to the Roosters in 2024. He's allowed, compelled even, to speak to any club who can offer him a career package better than he's on. He's not breaking any rules by talking to the Roosters now, and if they happen to sneakily suggest he ask for a transfer to sign immediately in return for (insert incentive here), it would be difficult to pin that on the Roosters. Most here would blame the player agent. Who wouldn't give a shit about taking the fall.

On a different, but related, note Mariner potentially leaving would be good news for Farnworth and Oates' job security. That's currently a crash waiting to happen.
Let’s actually re-sign Herbie or Oates before celebrating losing our only other decent option.

Clubs do it, sure but none have been so open or aggressive about it. The only recent example you could point to for us was Milford 8 years ago. James Roberts was probably another one not to unlike the Karl situation. Walsh and Warriors seemed to have been played out quite courteously from all accounts and Warriors seemed happy with the deal so I don’t think that counts. There’s a level of professional courtesy involved when 2 clubs discuss an early release rather than 1 club offering a bigger deal to a contracted player and their manager pushing for a release after the club denies it.

It doesn't really make much difference though if it's done amicably or not though like with Walsh. It was pretty much sorted before he spoke to the Warriors about leaving. That doesn't happen if everything is done after he is granted the release. There isn't that much professional courtesy between clubs really. They all rightly look out for their best interests. It's just better for everyone if you can resolve things without the hissy fits players are starting to have when they don't get their own way. If players want to carry on like pork chops then the club shouldn't negotiate.

I'm not sure what the Dolphins have done publicly that's that out of order. They have been very careful not to incriminate themselves by saying if X player becomes available then they would be interested. That's not breaching any rules. They can talk to any player they like as well, just not about money and contracts for the years they are still under contract with a club. We all know that's not how it actually happens, but there is no way on earth unless the NRL are voice tapping players any team will get caught, and everyone does it.

So do we want to keep Mariner or nah? Herbie or Staggs would have to make way.. That's why I suggested Staggs shifts to edge backrow and Riki turned into a middle.

Isaako (granted)
Haas (denied)
Lee (granted)
Turpin (granted)
Gamble (granted)
Mariner (denied)
Oloapu (denied)

But on the plus side we're getting two we released/loaned back in Walsh and Arthars.

Turpin wasn't released .... he simply wasn't offered a new contract.

Big difference

It doesn't really make much difference though if it's done amicably or not though like with Walsh. It was pretty much sorted before he spoke to the Warriors about leaving. That doesn't happen if everything is done after he is granted the release. There isn't that much professional courtesy between clubs really. They all rightly look out for their best interests. It's just better for everyone if you can resolve things without the hissy fits players are starting to have when they don't get their own way. If players want to carry on like pork chops then the club shouldn't negotiate.

I'm not sure what the Dolphins have done publicly that's that out of order. They have been very careful not to incriminate themselves by saying if X player becomes available then they would be interested. That's not breaching any rules. They can talk to any player they like as well, just not about money and contracts for the years they are still under contract with a club. We all know that's not how it actually happens, but there is no way on earth unless the NRL are voice tapping players any team will get caught, and everyone does it.
I don’t think we are going to see eye to eye on this one. I don’t agree with your assessment of the Dolphins behaviour regarding contracts and how it differs from other examples. There is too much bias (from both of us) for this to not be a circular discussion. I appreciate your perspective though

Yes and he never took that release ... he left once his contract was completed with no offer from us or anyone else.

Until the rorters gave him the the option to play reserve grade for them
You really need to learn how to read. The topic is players requesting releases. He asked, and he was granted a release. No need to correct me. You're always wrong, anyway.

View attachment 20224

Dolphins chief executive Terry Reader:

“We have heard nothing about an investigation and the club has not received any official communications from the NRL on the matter. Mariner is contracted. We can’t sign a player if he’s not available to be signed.”​
“The reality is there are now two teams in Brisbane and more competition for local players. The Dolphins will always be interested in the best available young talent, especially quality players from Queensland. We aren’t targeting the Broncos, the fact is that players now have more options with two NRL clubs in Brisbane.”​
Ahh get fucked Terry. No one gives a rats ass & Brisbane has only 1 club which will always be, Broncos. One of the suburbs of Greater Brisbane is Redcliff that now has a club. Don’t get yourself confused you bimbo.

I was just thinking I’d love to make a list of all the contracted players the Dolphins have bent or broken the rules to try and lure .

Of course nothing will come of it because the NRL’s own incompetence put them in the position to require being sneaky.

If they wanted to fuel a rivalry they’ve done a good job.. I started as a strong supporter of wanting to see them succeed but after all the blatant attempts at cheating I hope they fail. I hope they end up like a shitter version of the titans.
Yup, all your wishes will be granted mate especially - ‘they end up like a shitter version of the titans.

I thought at some point Bennett said he was confident of having Munster for 2023???

Active Now

• Strop
  • Foordy
  • The True King
  • Cavalo
  • Bish
  • Turky Murky
  • marw
  • IceWorks
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • Ronald
  • Behold
  • jd87
  • Big Del
  • Jeza23
  • Dash
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.