Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

he never asked for a release ... he asked for permission to negotiate with other clubs. there is a difference.

If he could have found a club that would take him ... THEN he would have asked from a release from his contract, which would have been granted.

I admit it is a technicality, but we should always strive for accuracy 😁

we also never revoked a release ... even if he had asked for one (which he didn't) ... we didn't need to as no other club made him an offer
Wow this was what you were arguing about? Jesus

he never asked for a release ... he asked for permission to negotiate with other clubs. there is a difference.
HTH

Ben Ikin:

“Jake is a good consistent player who is very well respected by his teammates. You can see how much he stiffens up the middle defensively when he is out there. Over time he has worked hard to get more in his game creatively. He asked for a release earlier this year, but since coming back into the side he has done a good job.”​

Zero Tackle reporting the Dogs are willing to pay half of Corey Allan's wage for next season which means we'd only have to pay 250k. Should we be interested?
Why should we be interested? He wouldn’t even be the best depth option.

Zero Tackle reporting the Dogs are willing to pay half of Corey Allan's wage for next season which means we'd only have to pay 250k. Should we be interested?

I dont see where he would fit now. Better than Tesi though.

But he wouldn't have needed permission as he came off contract November 1, 2021.

Essentially he asked the Broncos that if he found another club, would they give him an immediate release and the club said yes.

But he wouldn't have needed permission as he came off contract November 1, 2021.

Essentially he asked the Broncos that if he found another club, would they give him an immediate release and the club said yes.
Um.. what?

Surely the Dragons have a crack at Allan?

He's one of those players I think about from time to time. I remember Kev came under scrutiny for not getting into a bidding war over him for 2021. As controversial as it sounds, I don't think he managed to out-perform either Isaako or Niu during that time.

Surely the Dragons have a crack at Allan?

He's one of those players I think about from time to time. I remember Kev came under scrutiny for not getting into a bidding war over him for 2021. As controversial as it sounds, I don't think he managed to out-perform either Isaako or Niu during that time.

I think Corey is a bit lazy tbh and thats why he has never kicked on. From the outside looking in he appears to me to want to do the bare minimum.

Wouldn’t he be surplus to what we already have?

Not sure where to ask this - Between the World Cup & crocodile tear soap operas, I might’ve missed this but had there been any news on Kearney coming back to us?
As the pre-season has already started, I would imagine he would be here if signed. Can anyone provide the latest on this?

They don't seem to understand the difference between asking for release from certain terms of a contract and being released from employment or something. Fucked if I know. It was in response to you mentioning players who'd asked (not all granted) for various forms of release.

Another example is Brenko. He was released from his contract's restrictions, but played out the season.

Apparently I'm dead on some hill over all this. View is nice from up here though.

Macca has retired, freeing up cap space for the Dragons to go after Billy. Expect him to ask for a release any day now.

About time. I have always loved Macca's attitude and work ethic but the truth of the matter is, he was never up to it. Just didn't have the brain between his shoulders to play how a modern hooker needs to play.

About time. I have always loved Macca's attitude and work ethic but the truth of the matter is, he was never up to it. Just didn't have the brain between his shoulders to play how a modern hooker needs to play.
Martyred

Screentommydearden   B49YLCagRGV

I think Corey is a bit lazy tbh and thats why he has never kicked on. From the outside looking in he appears to me to want to do the bare minimum.
I think he just consistently made too many errors when he was given opportunities to succeed. He had a shocker at fb for QLD which is when it all started to crumble for him. If he could get his confidence back he’d be a decent pick up for a club. I wouldn’t want him at Broncos unless we were definitely losing Niu and Mariner. Even then we are struggling to hold on to future stars like that Karl kid.. I’d rather just keep the future star. Lets be honest, we’re not going to win the comp this year, so what is the point of having someone like Jesse Arthars in the squad and losing Karl?

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Morkel
  • Foordy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • whykickamoocow
  • maddo
  • Pablo
  • Xzei
  • Fatboy
  • Horseheadsup
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • blacknwhite
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.