Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

F579CFC3 CEE9 4BB7 81D1 F84B51EC6067

@Wolfie the tables have turned. you just got gideoned. next stop broncos top 30 :tallica:

Karl is looking like a flog **** before he's even played a game. I'd say release him but we shouldn't give in. That's the 3rd Bronco now pulling that BS.

Player managers are the devil.
So Donuts and Adamson (Karl's agent) have some history from the Storm. There's a connection with Kevvie as well, but not in the way you might be thinking. Here's his more up to date CV:

He was made Storm's Director of Coaching QLD for 2015 (QLD Cup), but it looks like the incoming CEO (Donuts) gave him the boot after only a year. He's now some kind of real estate agent up in Noosa from what I can figure out, or whatever a "Director Connector Broker Manager" does.

But here's the rib tickler and how he's connected to Kevvie (via his twin brother):

NSW Senate Leader
Palmer United Party
Apr 2013 - Oct 2013

Water always finds its own level.

France is nice at this time of year, might be the next step.

ScreenScreenshot 2022 11 08 at 19 59 19 The Courier Mail Breaking News Headlines for Brisbane

The Broncos have launched a formal complaint to the NRL integrity unit, alleging the Dolphins tried to poach Deine Mariner (with more money ~ 1.2 million), causing him to ask for an immediate release 6 weeks ago. Which the Broncos rejected.

Mariner’s manager Dixon McIver:

“The NRL has made contact with us, yes. I have co-operated fully with the NRL. I have given them a statement on where we stand and that’s why I don’t have any concerns. Deine has had interest from a number of clubs. From my end it’s a pretty self-explanatory thing. There’s a difference between enticing a player and some discussions that have transpired. We’ve left it to the Broncos and the NRL to sort it out and they will come up with deliberations in due course. I’ve got a good relationship with the Broncos."​
“The interpretation of what I have of the situation to the Broncos will be completely different. I don’t think there is anything to be concerned about, but the NRL will make their findings.”​
“I can’t go into detail on why Deine asked for a release, he had his reasons and one thing for certain is that Deine is a Bronco. He is contracted for 2024 and that’s the way it is. I’m not worried. I don’t know how the Dolphins feel. The Broncos have raised a concern over a couple of players (Mariner and Oloapu), but that’s for the NRL and them and we’ll reply when we have to.”​

Dolphins chief executive Terry Reader:

“We have heard nothing about an investigation and the club has not received any official communications from the NRL on the matter. Mariner is contracted. We can’t sign a player if he’s not available to be signed.”​
“The reality is there are now two teams in Brisbane and more competition for local players. The Dolphins will always be interested in the best available young talent, especially quality players from Queensland. We aren’t targeting the Broncos, the fact is that players now have more options with two NRL clubs in Brisbane.”​

Any progress on Stephen Kearney joining? Or will we only know end of month after he is done with Melbourne

View attachment 20224

The Broncos have launched a formal complaint to the NRL integrity unit, alleging the Dolphins tried to poach Deine Mariner (with more money), causing him to ask for an immediate release 6 weeks ago. Which the Broncos rejected.

“The NRL has made contact with us, yes. I have co-operated fully with the NRL. I have given them a statement on where we stand and that’s why I don’t have any concerns. Deine has had interest from a number of clubs. From my end it’s a pretty self-explanatory thing. There’s a difference between enticing a player and some discussions that have transpired. We’ve left it to the Broncos and the NRL to sort it out and they will come up with deliberations in due course. I’ve got a good relationship with the Broncos."​
“The interpretation of what I have of the situation to the Broncos will be completely different. I don’t think there is anything to be concerned about, but the NRL will make their findings.”​
“I can’t go into detail on why Deine asked for a release, he had his reasons and one thing for certain is that Deine is a Bronco. He is contracted for 2024 and that’s the way it is. I’m not worried. I don’t know how the Dolphins feel. The Broncos have raised a concern over a couple of players (Mariner and Oloapu), but that’s for the NRL and them and we’ll reply when we have to.”​

“We have heard nothing about an investigation and the club has not received any official communications from the NRL on the matter. Mariner is contracted. We can’t sign a player if he’s not available to be signed.”​
“The reality is there are now two teams in Brisbane and more competition for local players. The Dolphins will always be interested in the best available young talent, especially quality players from Queensland. We aren’t targeting the Broncos, the fact is that players now have more options with two NRL clubs in Brisbane.”​
I was just thinking I’d love to make a list of all the contracted players the Dolphins have bent or broken the rules to try and lure .

Of course nothing will come of it because the NRL’s own incompetence put them in the position to require being sneaky.

If they wanted to fuel a rivalry they’ve done a good job.. I started as a strong supporter of wanting to see them succeed but after all the blatant attempts at cheating I hope they fail. I hope they end up like a shitter version of the titans.

View attachment 20224

The Broncos have launched a formal complaint to the NRL integrity unit, alleging the Dolphins tried to poach Deine Mariner (with more money), causing him to ask for an immediate release 6 weeks ago. Which the Broncos rejected.

‘We are not here to cannibalise the Broncos’

Hmm…
Mariner
Niu
Oluapo?
Lee
Herbie

Makes you wonder about Carrigan and Haas too doesn’t it.

@Accept What is the current status of your Ben Marschke rumour?

Haven't heard anything further on it. I think that rumour died in the ass once Smoothy got signed.

Any progress on Stephen Kearney joining? Or will we only know end of month after he is done with Melbourne

He would be done with Melbourne now ... haven't heard anything further though.

Pretty sad that we have 4 players who have asked for a release

we've handled this well IMO.

4 players may have asked for a release ... but only one of them are what i would call legit, and that's the only one we granted.

the other 3 were all about trying to get more money (whether from us or a rival) ... and 2 of those are because of new agent's trying to get a slice of the pie immediately, rather than waiting until their new clients were off contract

I was just thinking I’d love to make a list of all the contracted players the Dolphins have bent or broken the rules to try and lure .

Of course nothing will come of it because the NRL’s own incompetence put them in the position to require being sneaky.

If they wanted to fuel a rivalry they’ve done a good job.. I started as a strong supporter of wanting to see them succeed but after all the blatant attempts at cheating I hope they fail. I hope they end up like a shitter version of the titans.
You could make a list for pretty much every club in the competition. They all do it. We've done it plenty of times ourselves.

I hope these players show up to training and their sessions are done in the car park for the duration of their contracts.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  • Santa
  • The True King
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ostin86
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • BroncosMan
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Kev_Guz
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.