Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Ryles isn't going to the Storm to be an assistant to Bellamy's successor.

I think he probably is going to take over, but if Billy changes his mind i reckon they would go with Billy over Ryles.

Probably reaching a bit with this, but with Bellamy coaching next year, and the Storm looking for a new coach in 2025 probably if Billy does take the role i wonder if he would look at bringing in Reece at the Storm. They seem to already have a very close relationship and he's off contract in 2025.
Great... looks like Petey B has a story to run with.

If that was the case it will come down to Reece.. Does he really want to stay at the broncos and effectively become the man for the biggest team in Qld... Ikin when he was here used to constantly bleat on that the broncos need to make themselves a club that the players don't want to leave.

Right now we're on the brink of having a superstar in the spine in Walsh... we need to build a team around him and players will want to come and play here, making us successful and making Reece happy and wanting to stay.

It's not even known if Billy wants to coach NRL full time... he's only ever said that he's coaching Qld because the QRL basically asked him to and he felt that he owed it to Qld to do so.

It's not like he's out there becoming an assistant coach or anything... 3 games a year vs 27 weeks, 1 month of finals and 3 months of preseason... there's a fair change of pace between the two.

Probably reaching a bit with this, but with Bellamy coaching next year, and the Storm looking for a new coach in 2025 probably if Billy does take the role i wonder if he would look at bringing in Reece at the Storm. They seem to already have a very close relationship and he's off contract in 2025.
I don’t think Walsh would want to be separated from his child to such a degree.. that aside, I think he genuinely likes playing for the Broncos and I think the club is going to make him a very serious priority

Great... looks like Petey B has a story to run with.

If that was the case it will come down to Reece.. Does he really want to stay at the broncos and effectively become the man for the biggest team in Qld... Ikin when he was here used to constantly bleat on that the broncos need to make themselves a club that the players don't want to leave.

Right now we're on the brink of having a superstar in the spine in Walsh... we need to build a team around him and players will want to come and play here, making us successful and making Reece happy and wanting to stay.

It's not even known if Billy wants to coach NRL full time... he's only ever said that he's coaching Qld because the QRL basically asked him to and he felt that he owed it to Qld to do so.

It's not like he's out there becoming an assistant coach or anything... 3 games a year vs 27 weeks, 1 month of finals and 3 months of preseason... there's a fair change of pace between the two.

I get the feeling Billy doesnt want to be a full time coach tbh. It just got me thinking watching how he speaks about him and how they come aross in the media he already seems to have a close relationship with Reece.

I get the feeling Billy doesnt want to be a full time coach tbh. It just got me thinking watching how he speaks about him and how they come aross in the media he already seems to have a close relationship with Reece.
It could've just been him backing and protecting his player.

The media's build up of the Maroons was almost exclusively focussed on Walsh instead of KP... blues going to bash him up, his errors, etc.

Maybe the call on KP was made awhile ago and the maroons were going Reece for the last fortnight.

Billy was also being critical of Reece a month or so before when questions were starting to be asked, flagging that he's got things to fix up in his game.

Billy is a madman to coach NRL. He will have this origin gig for ages, he still has a huge media gig, he has his horses, he still gets to be involved at the Storm and he has heaps of family time. I can't see him being that desperate to coach week in week out for the Storm. Thats a really big risk to take when he has such an enjoyable life whilst being actively involved in the 3 most important parts of his life being his family, footy and horses whilst being paid a likely shit load on top of the heaps he made as an nrl player. You can't guarantee that all comes back if coaching in the nrl doesn't work out. Who in their right mind would do that. This is all before we take into the account that Reece won't be leaving us anytime soon and Jason Ryles hasn't gone to the Storm to be overlooked for the role in 12+ months time. Just can't see Billy being the coach and can't see Walsh leaving here I'd like to say ever but you can't guarantee that. Ryan Papenhuyzen exists as well.

Values his hair too much,two jobs you dont take if you like your hairline in australia PM and NRL coach

Whoever takes the mantle from Bellamy will instantly have pressure and all eyes watching. Billy doesn't even want to be a head coach. I reckon QRL will sign him on a multi year deal.

Adam Reynolds' agent Steve Gillis:

“Adam is keen to go on, he has made his mind up he is going to play on. We’ve had a chat with the Broncos and that’s all it’s been at this stage. It’s part of a process, contracts don’t get done in one day but things will get done, so it’s a matter of us working through it and sorting it out. If the Broncos came out tomorrow and said “Reyno’ is retiring, everyone would say why? Adam is in career-best form, he is flying, so he’s keen to keep going on. He is happy to take it a year at a time at his age. We just have to get a deal done at the appropriate time.”​
“There was never a concern in my mind about Adam. There were rumours about his body but there was never any evidence of that. If you look at his stats over the last 10 years, he has rarely missed games, so I don’t know where it came from that he was on modified training and had back and hamstring injuries. It was all codswallop. Adam loves it at the Broncos. He has helped turn the club around and the job isn’t done yet."​
“He has unfinished business there, he is determined to win a premiership for the Broncos and add another trophy to the cabinet.”​

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrMoore
  • Mister Wright
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Painin the Haas
  • Griffo
  • Redux
  • The True King
  • Fatboy
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.