Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

If this goes through and he plays at 9, we are a genuine premiership threat.
Sometimes you gotta go all in and roll the dice. We’ve been doing it tough for a number of years, and without a premiership for 17. Given the guys that are departing and Reynos age, this feels right.
Let’s trot baby!

I wonder if alongside the transfer fee we are offering a player, Paix?
Mozer is about to get one hell of an apprenticeship, hopefully takes it all in.
Could mean we see him come into the side next year off the bench with Walters jnr. Kind of makes sense that we allow Paix to explore opportunities, I feel for him.

The idea of the best player from the worst team leaving their contract midseason to join the one of the best teams for a short term deal stinks and is bad for the game, but it's not up to the Broncos as a club to fix the NRLs mistakes. Lets get him in and win the comp we should have won in '15.

It was bad enough when Pangai went glory hunting to penrith, this is not far behind.

It's bullshit big clubs like us can take advantage of these kinds of situations, it wasn't too long ago everyone on here was screaming bloody murder when the Roosters were doing it.
You're right... same as Nofo going to storm last year or whenever it was... this move by the Broncos will likely be the catalyst for the useless NRL to actually step in and change the rules.

Can't have a Qld team benefitting from the shit rules that have been in place since 2020.

Well yeah, we're now part of the vultures club. Just make sure you understand that and are ready to defend it.
Bit hard to see where the attacks are going to come from given the other big Sydney clubs have already all had a go at it themselves…

I get that this sucks, but playing nice in a league full of scumbags screwing us at every opportunity has seen us trophyless for 17 years.

Exactly. We need to get cut throat again. It's the NRL's problem that they've let things get to this point.

I do actually agree that the short term stint deals are a bit ridiculous. Wouldn't mind contract terms needing to be a minimum term of remaining season + next season.
Yep I think you make it that a player can't sign a deal for less than 12 months or something... or can't sign a new deal for less than their existing deal.

So if a team wants Bhunt they have to take him for the next 2.5yr and take on his current deal or more... I think that's effectively what happens in US sports.

A player signs a contract and it's basically that contract that gets traded and moved around... if it's a shit contract it's hard to move in the US.

I think where that can fall down is where a player might go out on a loan deal, but that approach is beneficial to basically all parties. In the Arthars deal, Broncos send a player to get experienced at another team, Arthars gets playing time and warriors get a player to help them.

Makes me laugh how we are seeing the media and clubs taking the high ground over this like every single club in the competition doesnt do it. I've got no doubts whatsoever we have already spoken and agreed a deal with Benny if he wants to come. I think its embarrasing, every clubs taps up players.

I can't believe there are people here who think our current options are better than Hunt. Lost the plot.
As long as he’s playing hooker he is. He’s a better 6 than Ezra but displacing Ezra would be disastrous for the team morale and cohesion.

He’s not better than Reyno at 7 imo.
1 walsh
6 mam
7 Reyno
9 Walters
14 Hunt
Would be amazing.

As long as he’s playing hooker he is. He’s a better 6 than Ezra but displacing Ezra would be disastrous for the team morale and cohesion.

He’s not better than Reyno at 7 imo.
1 walsh
6 mam
7 Reyno
9 Walters
14 Hunt
Would be amazing.

Lol dude, there is zero chance he isn't starting 9 if he in fact comes here.

If this comes off we would have to firm as premiership favourites. The Maroons fullback, hooker, two props, winger and could-have-been winger...a Blues prop, should-have-been-Blues halfback, could-have-been-Blues centre...

The cover for Reyno is invaluable as that is a big concern, at the moment if he goes down we are fucked.

My only concern is whether it will mess with team harmony, but since effectively he would be replacing Paix who has the shits anyway... Some of these guys would have been in the system when Benny was here anyway, and many others have played/squadded with him at Origin/Test level so I really don't think it will be an issue.

The melting down from south of the border, again, will be delicious. A Maroons clean sweep, WQLD series win and a Broncos premiership would be so fucking good...

Active Now

• Allo
  • Brocko
  • teampjta
  • I bleed Maroon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Thelmus
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Browny
  • Dash
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.