Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Been giving it some thought, and i reckon we really need to do some cap juggling and bring in 2 new back rowers. The 2 i like in Superleague are Mcdonnell from Leeds and Nicholson from Warrington. Not sure if they are gettable, but i reckon they are both better than what we have now. Riki apart from his kick chase just has nothing in his game that threatens the opposition and Piakura is just a liability in defence on and way too much money.

Really wish we could sign Max Plath. Exactly the type of player we need.

Travis Meyn says that Toby Sexton is on our radar as a potential succession plan for Reynolds

If Toby Sexton is our saviour we are fucked. He is average at best. He is playing in a side that’s playing ok at the moment and it makes him look better then he actually is IMO.
He's better than the succession plans we have at the moment

We need to make a decision about what we want our halfback to be. Big money in Mam, Walsh and Haas will make it hard to have a halfback of note

We need to make a decision about what we want our halfback to be. Big money in Mam, Walsh and Haas will make it hard to have a halfback of note
Because the club has fucked the handover, might have to move Mam to 7, Walsh to 6. Cobbo up the back, if he's not in prison.

I know a lot of folk are fixated on Mam not being an organiser, but neither was Alfie. Walsh wants to run everything, anyway.

Or we could go with Madden or Rogers, if we don't care about winning.

If Toby Sexton is our saviour we are fucked. He is average at best. He is playing in a side that’s playing ok at the moment and it makes him look better then he actually is IMO.
It's that time again.

Remote
Screen1oz Butthead COin REV  95487 2

Our roster needs an overhaul, we just have so many guys on huge money that don't deserve it. I'm giving the following blokes permission to find a new club; Piakura, Paix, Mam, Baker, Hunt, Gosiewski, Riki, Hetherington, Staggs, Cobbo, and Smoothy. They need to find a club to pay their full contract, don't be chipping in for them to play elsewhere. I'd be willing to keep some of them, but they'd need to take big pay cuts. I'm also not offering Walsh 1m+, he simply isn't a complete player yet.

Oh and, sack Kevvie.

We need more experience and leadership. A bit of mongrel would also help because our forward pack is very passive.

Our roster needs an overhaul, we just have so many guys on huge money that don't deserve it. I'm giving the following blokes permission to find a new club; Piakura, Paix, Mam, Baker, Hunt, Gosiewski, Riki, Hetherington, Staggs, Cobbo, and Smoothy. They need to find a club to pay their full contract, don't be chipping in for them to play elsewhere. I'd be willing to keep some of them, but they'd need to take big pay cuts. I'm also not offering Walsh 1m+, he simply isn't a complete player yet.

Oh and, sack Kevvie.
Jesus Christ. Hope you have some players lined up.

When you have Walsh and Mam in your spine, you don't need a gun, big money halfback. you simply need a halfback to bring a good kicking game and lead the team around the field.

Hell, we won a premiership with Shane fucking Perry as our halfback, and that guy was barely NRL standard ... of course we had our money tied up in Lockyer as our gun spine player.

BTW, I'm not saying that Mam or Walsh are as good as Locky (at least not yet) but of all of the "next Lockyer" that we've seen hyped in the media, Walsh resembles him the most.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • john1420
  • Bucking Beads
  • upthebroncs
  • Dexter
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • The Don
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • leon.bott
  • Fozz
  • Santa
  • thenry
  • pagey
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.