Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

I would only be adding to our depth this year. Riki has proven to be great in the individual effort areas of the game and also a great defender. Piakura has been very ordinary in Defence but I think that even if we can find a "TC Robati" style Qcup player to at least put some pressure on him he might lift his game.

I just think we all need to have some confidence that the crew we have can turn this around. Ultimately I reckon they can, If you re-watch the storm prelim final from last year you can see these guys all have what it takes to perform at that high level. Our Defence last year didn't come from nowhere, we were the 2nd best defensive team in the comp in 2023. Lets not forget in the years prior we were conceding 50-60 points and although it appears we are heading that way again, the current group have proven that they can turn it around and be up there with the best Defensively.

It all starts with Mam, Piakura, Mariner and a lesser extent Walsh. I'd be looking at some position switches in the off season. Riki for Piakura switching sides, Mariner back on the wing either Arthars or Cobbo duking it out for the #4 Jersey. Staggs cops shit for being a bad defender but he makes the most solo effort tackles, laterally and front on. Some of his Defensive reads are great tbh. Also Reynos bicep will probably allow him to make a tackle or two next season as well which is probably why Staggs looks a bit ordinary.

I don't think we should be looking to buy our way out of this one and replace what is a young, almost premiership winning side.

I would only be adding to our depth this year. Riki has proven to be great in the individual effort areas of the game and also a great defender. Piakura has been very ordinary in Defence but I think that even if we can find a "TC Robati" style Qcup player to at least put some pressure on him he might lift his game.

I just think we all need to have some confidence that the crew we have can turn this around. Ultimately I reckon they can, If you re-watch the storm prelim final from last year you can see these guys all have what it takes to perform at that high level. Our Defence last year didn't come from nowhere, we were the 2nd best defensive team in the comp in 2023. Lets not forget in the years prior we were conceding 50-60 points and although it appears we are heading that way again, the current group have proven that they can turn it around and be up there with the best Defensively.

It all starts with Mam, Piakura, Mariner and a lesser extent Walsh. I'd be looking at some position switches in the off season. Riki for Piakura switching sides, Mariner back on the wing either Arthars or Cobbo duking it out for the #4 Jersey. Staggs cops shit for being a bad defender but he makes the most solo effort tackles, laterally and front on. Some of his Defensive reads are great tbh. Also Reynos bicep will probably allow him to make a tackle or two next season as well which is probably why Staggs looks a bit ordinary.

I don't think we should be looking to buy our way out of this one and replace what is a young, almost premiership winning side.
We lost Flegler, Capewell, Herbie & Palasia from that almost premiership winning side. All were massive losses in their own outright. This side is a shadow from what it was last year.
We need some tough players not kids that prance around like they are gods cause the media and fans paint them out to be future immortals. This teams needs a fucking reality check and badly.

We lost Flegler, Capewell, Herbie & Palasia from that almost premiership winning side. All were massive losses in their own outright. This side is a shadow from what it was last year.
We need some tough players not kids that prance around like they are gods cause the media and fans paint them out to be future immortals. This teams needs a fucking reality check and badly.
Yes which is why i'm pointing out. in 2022 Everyone was up Herbies ribs for being a ball hog, going missing in Defence. Flegler was hated for discipline, missing games through suspension etc. They all turned it around in 2023 which is why I am saying, there is no reason that Piakura, Mariner etc cant do the same thing. Even with those losses, we still have the core nucleolus together and I think 2024 has been the reality check most of them need..

I wouldn't be opposed to having an enquiry about Batemen from the Tigers on a 1 year deal for the right price.
not in a billion fucking years, i'd rather have darius back playing in the forwards, can you imagine how poisonous bateman would be to this group at this point in time? no thx

I think whoever is doing the end of season review should already be starting.

I still think fitness has been a major issue with the team this year... they just look nowhere near as fit as last year and teams are running over us like it's 2021 all over again. Evidence from 2020 and 2021 showed that if you aren't fitter than your opponent then you are completely fucked... and former players will tell you that your fitness for the year can only be set in the preseason, because you don't get any time during the season to improve it once it kicks off.

I'd be wanting to see the baselines from the end of 2023 preseason vs the end of the 2024 preseason and see if players across the board were even comparable to the year prior, because it looks like they've gone backwards... if that's the case then it would've been red flags from the start.

If To'o truly is leaving Panthers, Broncos need to do whatever they can to get him.
Agree, it would be nice to have him… however…
800-900K should do it..
Are we the Wests fucken Tigers?! No.
That’s what they’ll pay him.
Spend the money one the spine.
Get Walker home for 1M and be done with it.

Agree, it would be nice to have him… however…
800-900K should do it..
Are we the Wests fucken Tigers?! No.
That’s what they’ll pay him.
Spend the money one the spine.
Get Walker home for 1M and be done with it.
We would need to offload Ezra Mam to get walker i reckon which as much as i joke about it is a very bad idea. Mam showed in the last 30 against Dragons he can be dominant on both sides of the field. I reckon we just stick with what we have. Mam, Walsh, Mozer our dominant spine members, all we can afford is a 650k hb to replace Reynolds.

What i saw from Mozer is he can actually get the ball to the right side of the ruck consistently and gives us great field position. If he continues to show that form it wont matter who puts the kick up on the last.

Eh are you being serious about our Jordon being a "great" defender? This season alone there has been occasions where half backs have pushed him out of the way on our line and scored. Some of his misses on our line have been unforgivable. I think "great" defender is borderline gaslighting my friend.

Eh are you being serious about our Jordon being a "great" defender? This season alone there has been occasions where half backs have pushed him out of the way on our line and scored. Some of his misses on our line have been unforgivable. I think "great" defender is borderline gaslighting my friend.
Yeah your right, but last year i'd say he was a great defender which is what i was referring to.. Its in there somewhere and i have some faith he can get back to his form.

Yeah your right, but last year i'd say he was a great defender which is what i was referring to.. Its in there somewhere and i have some faith he can get back to his form.
Yip last year he was one of favourites for his willingness to do the 1% ers and his defence was sound. This year he’s guilty of stupid needless late hits which saw him suspended during the origin period when we needed him most and that late flop on Saturday was the cherry on top of the steaming pile of shite he has served up all this season.

Anyone know if there is any truth to the rumours circling around Moses/ Brown to Roosters ? Which means Walker will be let goo ??

Yip last year he was one of favourites for his willingness to do the 1% ers and his defence was sound. This year he’s guilty of stupid needless late hits which saw him suspended during the origin period when we needed him most and that late flop on Saturday was the cherry on top of the steaming pile of shite he has served up all this season.
to be fair they have all served up shit this season. Bar probably Patty, Willison and Mozer (to a lesser extent, hes only had three games after all)

Whats to say they cant find their form after a full pre-season, similar to 2023?

Anyone know if there is any truth to the rumours circling around Moses/ Brown to Roosters ? Which means Walker will be let goo ??
Moses signed a massive new deal this year with the eels for like 5 years. Brown has the options every year in his contract so he would be more likely to leave but from all the talk, he is very close with Arthurs and should he get the next expansion team head coach role alot of people are tipping Brown to follow him.

to be fair they have all served up shit this season. Bar probably Patty, Willison and Mozer (to a lesser extent, hes only had three games after all)

Whats to say they cant find their form after a full pre-season, similar to 2023?
But even if they do find form the GF revealed we don’t have the necessary structures in place to win a premiership. So form might win us a few games but it won’t stand the test of a GF winning side.

Moses signed a massive new deal this year with the eels for like 5 years. Brown has the options every year in his contract so he would be more likely to leave but from all the talk, he is very close with Arthurs and should he get the next expansion team head coach role alot of people are tipping Brown to follow him.
There was talk that Moses' deal also has options in it

But even if they do find form the GF revealed we don’t have the necessary structures in place to win a premiership. So form might win us a few games but it won’t stand the test of a GF winning side.
That's just completely wrong. The team that beat our 2023 form are called the greatest team of the NRL era and they did it by 2 points or three minutes. Back to back to back to back grand finalists. If we play any other GF team with that level of defensive resolve and attacking flair we win.

We got convincingly closer than souths and eels who tried before us and we also ran a finals campaign to be proud of.

Broke a 10 year hoodo of the storm and kept a side with Harry Grant, jerome Hughes and Cameron Munster to nil.

Need to quit the hysterics mate and get some confidence back. 2023 was a great season and it was off the back of a similar fade that we have seen this year. Have some confidence that it can be turned around.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Horseheadsup
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.