Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

True he might. It will be interesting to see how he goes when he inevitably gets his shot this season. If he bursts out of the gates and we haven’t already locked him up, it could become problematic. That said, he hasn’t proven anything yet and you are only paying for potential right now.
I don't think we should get into a bidding war for mozer. Yes, pay what he deserves, and a but extra for potential, but we got to a gf without him, why should we over pay to keep him when walters has 2 years left at least, smoothy has about 8 or 9 years, and bukowski also seems to be highly rated on our books just behind him (never seen him play bit he seems to be very highly regarded).
He should be a priority yes, and seems to be a hell of a talent and would be missed, but we can't fall back into a "potentials" trap like we did in 2019-2020.

TPJ Pangai Jr is wittering on about farting around in a Souths Logan Magpies QCup jersey from April after his fight. That would give him a good 3 months match fitness before the June 30 cutoff for NRL transfers. If the Broncos were to sign him, he'd be available for round 17. That's 10 games before the finals. This would all be subject to the evil eye of the salary cap auditors.

TPJ:

“The Queensland Cup is definitely an option. Me and ‘Hodgo’ caught up in October for the fight in Townsville, we fought on the same card. I was having a joke with him about playing Queensland Cup and now it might become a reality. It would be pretty good to play for Souths Logan to help my fitness if I did come back to the NRL. I have a fight planned for March and hopefully after that fight I can start in the Queensland Cup and help some of the younger boys at Souths Logan. The speed isn’t the same as the NRL, but I believe they hit harder in the Queensland Cup. It can be more physical because there’s not as much wrestling as the NRL, so it would be a good test for me.”​

Ben Ikin would be happy to register him:

“It would be great to see Tevita back in our competition. He made the decision to step away from rugby league to pursue other opportunities. We are very proud of our competition and for those that choose it as a destination, someone of Tevita’s profile and ability is a vote of confidence in what the Hostplus Cup competition brings to the rugby league ecosystem. We would certainly register his deal.”​
“Of course Tevita can make it again in the NRL. If Souths Logan is the place he wants to play at, that’s a great club with a great history. I think the world of Karmichael Hunt, he is an NRL head coach of the future. Tevita just needs to get himself back in an environment he is enjoying and where he fits in and finds a way to play his best football consistently. No-one can deny Tevita’s footballing ability, so if he sees the Hostplus Cup as a good way for him to step back into the game, we’d welcome him to our competition.”​

So with Mam locked up, these are the dudes we have coming off contract in 2024 (I'd argue in order of re-signing order):

Reynolds
Walters
Oates
Taupau
Pereira
Hoeter

I am not sure the bottom three there will get re-signed to be honest. But you think the top three are no chance of going anywhere else either so should be relatively simple to get done.

So assuming those guys are all pretty much sorted / not being renewed, I'd say our next order of business will be to consider the 2025 guys and of course this is definitely the order of preference:

Walsh
Cobbo
Mozer
Willison
Hetherington
Staggs
Baker
Smoothy
Leota
Jensen
Hunt

You guys can start looking now:
Paix
Sailor (I only say this because I reckon he already has one foot out the door)

But how good is it to have already locked up until 2026 and beyond:
Haas
Mam
Carrigan
Mariner
Piakura
Riki
Te Kura
Arthars
Madden (eh)

Like we have the nucleus already to be elite for years to come. Now get Walsh, Cobbo, Mozer, Hetherington and Willison locked up and we may become unbeatable.
Dear god I hope we've won the thing before 2026, then. Yikes.

Don’t hurt your arm patting yourself on the back there Petey… 😛🤣
Well he cops universal shit for being unreliable, so it's been interesting to audit his predictions with the outcomes. He's panned out pretty well - 100% - since the Farnworth blunder. Dobbo, on the other hand...

Results are here:

I don't think we should get into a bidding war for mozer. Yes, pay what he deserves, and a but extra for potential, but we got to a gf without him, why should we over pay to keep him when walters has 2 years left at least, smoothy has about 8 or 9 years, and bukowski also seems to be highly rated on our books just behind him (never seen him play bit he seems to be very highly regarded).
He should be a priority yes, and seems to be a hell of a talent and would be missed, but we can't fall back into a "potentials" trap like we did in 2019-2020.
But Mozer is a gun who needs a chance, where as Billy is only playing because his dad is coach.

But Mozer is a gun who needs a chance, where as Billy is only playing because his dad is coach.

At this point you've turned into the GOP in America...

You're a masochist who can't help embarrassing yourself

Anyone seen this kid play?
IMG 1083

Someone on FB posted something about Reyno re-signing with a pay cut. **** yeah.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Manofoneway
  • KickHaas
  • BroncosAlways
  • PETERN
  • kman
  • MrTickyMcG
  • I bleed Maroon
  • davidp
  • Sproj
  • thenry
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  • Ozired
  • Wild Horse
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.