Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

I think Mariner would be better to have on the wing. If Gutho takes a bit lower offer then, it would be a good pickup.
Gutho is a fullback or nothing in first grade and isn't going to take less.

Mariner not catching kicks is a good thing and he grew up playing exclusively in the centres. He will be better with another pre-season under his belt.

Gutho is a fullback or nothing in first grade and isn't going to take less.

Mariner not catching kicks is a good thing and he grew up playing exclusively in the centres. He will be better with another pre-season under his belt.
Yes It's easy to give Mariner some slack, he did the preseason on the wing. It's frustrating him be brilliant one play, lacklustre the next.

He needed to contest that ball on Saturday though, needs to show more urgency in defence. That whole edge does.

Mariner has been infinity better in his first full year than Herbie was in his. He scored more tries and averaged more running metres:

Herbie 2020: 6 tries, 98 avg metres.
Deine 2024: 19 tries (by round 23), 128 avg metres.

Defence: not much in it. Herbie slightly better probably.

Mariner has been infinity better in his first full year than Herbie was in his. He scored more tries and averaged more running metres:

Herbie 2020: 6 tries, 98 avg metres.
Deine 2024: 19 tries (by round 23), 128 avg metres.

Defence: not much in it. Herbie slightly better probably.
Agree. He has a higher ceiling than herbie too. But the team need to cut the errors and poor discipline. He is going to be best when we have possession and tired forwards for him to burn with his speed. He's not gonna eat meters like herbie out of yardage.

Herbie was a shit defender in 2021. He didn't hit his straps till 2023 I reckon.

Agree. He has a higher ceiling than herbie too. But the team need to cut the errors and poor discipline. He is going to be best when we have possession and tired forwards for him to burn with his speed. He's not gonna eat meters like herbie out of yardage.

Herbie was a shit defender in 2021. He didn't hit his straps till 2023 I reckon.
Herbie has safer hands than Mariner, but Deine is more likely to pass.

delusional if you think this is all Kevvie's fault , changing coaches and systems will waste more than a year.

I don’t think it’s all Kevvie’s fault.

I just don’t think Kevvie knows how / is capable of fixing it.

He's had twice the time as Seibold.
Correct. He's also got year on year improvement and a grand final. I wouldn't want to let go of any of our players that played in that GF just like I wouldn't want to let go of the coach that took us there.

They are the best chance of getting to another GF in the short term.

fair enough , maybe so but he deserves the opportunity to try.

he’ll probably get it, but I think we’ve seen enough.

The only season that wasn’t a failure under Kevvie was a grand final year where many of the red flags and problems crippling our game at the moment were still present, but just papered over by a year of phenomenal individual performances from all our key players.

The same mistake-riddled football that saw us get flogged against the Titans was what saw us lose the grand final. 2023 was lightning in a bottle, and hoping to replicate that isn’t a successful approach. We need to build a system, not just hope to go on a miracle run.

Almost our entire team has been a shadow of their 2023 selves.

No structure, no system and no gameplan means no go forward, no momentum and no space for creative players like Mam and Walsh to play their games.

Don’t blame the player, blame the program not putting these players in a position to succeed.

We need to draw a line in the sand and fix this now. Giving Kevvie another year just wastes the talent we have and opens the door for players like Mozer to look elsewhere.

Well how much blame is on Captn Coach Reynolds ?
He`s sposed to be a modern League genius and Kevvies on field mouth piece .
Yes , he had a chunk of time off . But he was at preseason training and every training sesion during the season .

The only season that wasn’t a failure under Kevvie was a grand final year where many of the red flags and problems crippling our game at the moment were still present, but just papered over by a year of phenomenal individual performances from all our key players.

The same mistake-riddled football that saw us get flogged against the Titans was what saw us lose the grand final. 2023 was lightning in a bottle, and hoping to replicate that isn’t a successful approach. We need to build a system, not just hope to go on a miracle run.
I think you're not giving all involved the credit of turning our shit heap into a GF appearance, and then only just getting beaten by a team that will go down as one of the greatest .
Also I think people are being a little nieve thinking we wouldn't have a grand final hangover after what happened. Lots of other contributing factors but I think Kevvie deserves to start next season with complete backing.

Phenomenal performances? How does that explain us being the second best defensive team in the comp in 2023?

That's a team stat that can't be taken away from the coaching staff and players during 2023, individual brilliance or not.

Probably just a fluke right? 20 times during the season...

Phenomenal performances? How does that explain us being the second best defensive team in the comp in 2023?

That's a team stat that can't be taken away from the coaching staff and players during 2023, individual brilliance or not.

Probably just a fluke right? 20 times during the season...

Remember!

When we are going well, it is in spite of Kevvie

When we are struggling it is because of Kevvie

Remember!

When we are going well, it is in spite of Kevvie

When we are struggling it is because of Kevvie
Haha correct! It's funny because there is no counter argument to the fact that kevy can obviously coach. Despite the form of 2024. Nobody can say 2023 was a fluke.

Active Now

• Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.