Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Mariner has been infinity better in his first full year than Herbie was in his. He scored more tries and averaged more running metres:

Herbie 2020: 6 tries, 98 avg metres.
Deine 2024: 19 tries (by round 23), 128 avg metres.

Defence: not much in it. Herbie slightly better probably.
Did we even score 19 tries as a team in 2020?

And Mariner scored most of his tries at Wing, when it comes to bad comparisons this might take the cake.

Did we even score 19 tries as a team in 2020?

And Mariner scored most of his tries at Wing, when it comes to bad comparisons this might take the cake.
It's not even a fair fight, and laughably Herbie was Rookie of the Year in 2020.

WING
Herbie 2020: 5 games, 1 try: 0.20 tries per game (PATHETIC)
Deine 2024: 13 games, 14 tries: 1.08 tries per game (WINNER BY TKO)

CENTRE
Herbie 2020: 12 games, 5 tries: 0.41 tries per game (LOSER)
Deine 2024: 6 games, 3 tries: 0.50 tries per game (WINNER)

It's not even a fair fight.

WING
Herbie 2020: 5 games, 1 try: 0.20 tries per game (PATHETIC)
Deine 2024: 13 games, 14 tries: 1.08 tries per game (WINNER BY TKO)

CENTRE
Herbie 2020: 12 games, 5 tries: 0.41 tries per game (LOSER)
Deine 2024: 6 games, 3 tries: 0.50 tries per game (WINNER)
Your right, scoring in 2020 getting service from such players like Isaako and Milford while getting thumped every game wasn't a fair fight.

Your right, scoring in 2020 getting service from such players like Isaako and Milford while getting thumped every game wasn't a fair fight.
I admire your dedication to changing the goalposts. You'll be blaming the referees next.

I admire your dedication to changing the goalposts. You'll be blaming the referees next.
I never did, you repeated your post in more detail(which didn't address what I was saying other then the tiny sample size of games at centre)after I was talking about the lack of tries in general from our team as a whole in 2020 because we kinda sucked and barely did.

You make points like a NRL journalist....

I never did, you repeated your post in more detail(which didn't address what I was saying other then the tiny sample size of games at centre)after I was talking about the lack of tries in general from our team as a whole in 2020 because we kinda sucked and barely did.

You make points like a NRL journalist....
What point are you even trying to make? It seems like you can't handle that Deine Mariner is a far greater talent than Herbie Farnworth was at the same point in their respective careers. You should be happy about this. Herbie fucked off to the opposition like the mongrel dog he was. Deine hung around.

Advantage Broncos.

What point are you even trying to make? It seems like you can't handle that Deine Mariner is a far greater talent than Herbie Farnworth was at the same point in their respective careers. You should be happy about this. Herbie fucked off to the opposition like the mongrel dog he was. Deine hung around.
The one I said when I first replied to you.....

Also what did Herbie personally do to you to hate him soo much it's like he is Billy's brother or something.

Also what did Herbie personally do to you to hate him soo much it's like he is Billy's brother or something.
Deine 2024 > Herbie 2020. That's all.

But since you want to go on with it:

Deine 2024 centre: 0.50 tries per game (WINNER)
Herbie 2024 centre: 0.37 tries per game (LOSER)

In fairness, he's also had Isaako and Milford (occasionally) servicing him there as well.

Billy has a son called Hugo which kind of sounds like Herbie. Being that closely associated to the name of a walters makes Mchunts blood boil that's for sure.

Billy has a son called Hugo which kind of sounds like Herbie. Being that closely associated to the name of a walters makes Mchunts blood boil that's for sure.
Here I am talking up a champion bloke who was decent enough to commit to us until the end of 2027, while you pair are still jacking off over a mercenary who spread his arsecheeks to the highest bidder.

Well excuse me.

Maybe something could be said for these guys to stew in cup a bit longer. The only one of our young guys that looked first grade ready was Mozer and he's had a very drawn out cup process. I think Piakura, Mariner and Mam would've benefitted from an extra season in reserves.
The salary cap isn't a magic pudding.

Here I am talking up a champion bloke who was decent enough to commit to us until the end of 2027, while you pair are still jacking off over a mercenary who spread his arsecheeks to the highest bidder.

Well excuse me.
Lol sorry mate. I'm a Mariner fan though and I'm very glad we kept him to be honest. I agree he's got a much higher ceiling than herbie. People just remember 2023 herbie and forget he had like 4 seasons to build his craft. Mariner will be better again next year I'm sure of it.

Seen something could of just been fake news though that Skelton is heading to the tigers.

Maybe something could be said for these guys to stew in cup a bit longer. The only one of our young guys that looked first grade ready was Mozer and he's had a very drawn out cup process. I think Piakura, Mariner and Mam would've benefitted from an extra season in reserves.

They're not a lot of difference Mariner 22 games over 22 and 23, Piakura 30 from 21-23 and Mam was 18 21-22.

I don't think more Cup games would have solved any of their issues.

Mozer is 34 games over 22, 23, 24.

Deine 2024 > Herbie 2020. That's all.
But since you want to go on with it:
Deine 2024 centre: 0.50 tries per game (WINNER)
Herbie 2024 centre: 0.37 tries per game (LOSER)
In fairness, he's also had Isaako and Milford (occasionally) servicing him there as well.

At the Dolphins Isaako plays right wing ...
Hammer plays full back , KNick plays #6 on the right side .

Milf has played in 2 games this season .

They're not a lot of difference Mariner 22 games over 22 and 23, Piakura 30 from 21-23 and Mam was 18 21-22.

I don't think more Cup games would have solved any of their issues.

Mozer is 34 games over 22, 23, 24.
Yeah true but you could tell Mozer wasn't ready last year. Maybe every player needs a different amount and I'm sure some of it comes down to having time to put some weight on. I'd be interested to know what the league average for reserve games before NRL debut is compared to us.

Active Now

• mrtij
  • broncsgoat
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • Griffo
  • Dexter
  • Skyblues87
  • mitch222
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.