Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

I reckon we will try and get Xavier Coates back eventually. Not sure what his contract status is but I can see it happening.

I reckon we will try and get Xavier Coates back eventually. Not sure what his contract status is but I can see it happening.
FUCKING PASS!!!!
Don't want that disloyal **** anywhere near our team. Plus his defence is fucking atrocious and it hasn't improved at the storm either. Your talking about getting back a player who abandoned the team to take unders to go to the storm when we were at our lowest.

IMG 1948

The balance of our squad concerns me. We’ve got the following in halves and hookers locked in for next year.

Reynolds, Mam, Madden, Rogers, Black.
Walters, Mozer, Smoothy, Paix.

9 of the top 30 taken up.

Yeah true but you could tell Mozer wasn't ready last year. Maybe every player needs a different amount and I'm sure some of it comes down to having time to put some weight on. I'd be interested to know what the league average for reserve games before NRL debut is compared to us.

They rarely hit the NRL between the ages of 18-21 and become instant success stories, I think we as fans get a bit carried away sometimes. I have seen calls for Coby Black to play for us next year, the development of an individual shouldn't be based on the needs of the team. You can ruin players doing that. The people suggesting he play probably haven't even seen him play, they just see the highlight reels and the media hype, as an example. I am sure it were no different for Mozer prior to his NRL apperances.

FUCKING PASS!!!!
Don't want that disloyal **** anywhere near our team. Plus his defence is fucking atrocious and it hasn't improved at the storm either. Your talking about getting back a player who abandoned the team to take unders to go to the storm when we were at our lowest.
Can’t really blame a player for wanting to make the most out of his career.

Broncos were a basket case (and luckily in hindsight turned it around much quicker than we probably could’ve hoped for)

Storm are the most dominant nrl franchise over the last 20 years (not too mention have reputation for turning journeymen into elite players). If you’re in his shoes you’d be pretty brainless to not take up that opportunity career-wise for “loyalty” when a club will happily snub you when it suits them.

I’d happily take him back, for the right price ofcourse. Getting Walsh back has been amazing for us even though technically he wasn’t “loyal”

The good part of this is he is happy to extend now, he was already tied up until 25. So, he could have easily got the advice let's just wait and see how the next 12 months unfolds.

Like Mozer he wants to re-sign and have it sorted and Mozer has signed three times before he has had to.

Black signed in 23 for two years and now just over 12 months wants to sign again.

The good part of this is he is happy to extend now, he was already tied up until 25. So, he could have easily got the advice let's just wait and see how the next 12 months unfolds.

Like Mozer he wants to re-sign and have it sorted and Mozer has signed three times before he has had to.

Black signed in 23 for two years and now just over 12 months wants to sign again.
He’s going to learn a lot working with Reynolds plus a full season of Qcup will be great for his development. Just hope the situation he is in for QCup is ideal. He will debut next year for sure.

So would you expect Mozer to re-sign again soon?

The balance of our squad concerns me. We’ve got the following in halves and hookers locked in for next year.

Reynolds, Mam, Madden, Rogers, Black.
Walters, Mozer, Smoothy, Paix.

9 of the top 30 taken up.
Massively a concern. Someone needs to work some magic and at least offload one of our Hookers and probably in the off season we need to transition Smoothy into a ball playing lock to replace patty if he goes down or something.

He’s going to learn a lot working with Reynolds plus a full season of Qcup will be great for his development. Just hope the situation he is in for QCup is ideal. He will debut next year for sure.

He's back this week against the Falcons so will have two games left in his season.

Five Cup games in year one is two more than Mozer did in 22.

Yeah true but you could tell Mozer wasn't ready last year. Maybe every player needs a different amount and I'm sure some of it comes down to having time to put some weight on. I'd be interested to know what the league average for reserve games before NRL debut is compared to us.

I don't know about average but it's interesting to look at players and how many Cup games they played.

Cronk 61
Smith 28
Slater 23
Inglis 24
Grant 48
Munster 48

Which is considerably more than Penrith needed.

James Fisher Harris- 9 Cup games.
Edwards- 21 Cup games.
To'o- 14 Cup games
Leota- 32 Cup games
Cleary- 1 Cup game
Yeo- 2 games
Chrichton- 7 Cup games
Luai- 39 Cup games.

Did anyone catch Herbie on The Bye Round (James Graham)? Paints a pretty ugly picture for or R&R department.

Did anyone catch Herbie on The Bye Round (James Graham)? Paints a pretty ugly picture for or R&R department.
Any further explanation or link for that please

Active Now

• The Don
  • Lurker
  • Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • mrtij
  • broncsgoat
  • Mr Fourex
  • Griffo
  • Dexter
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.