Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Now that I think about it, what’s the story with Selwyn?
Staying/going?!
His pea heart performances of late are not what we need.
Incredible talent, but mentally weak as piss.
I think the concerning thing with Cobbo, current off field dramas aside, is how he’s run out of steam at around this stage in two out of the last three seasons..

I know you have to consider the person behind the athlete and all of that, but can you really afford an outside back on very decent money to be struggling for motivation etc at the most important part of the season ?

If NRL allow him to just walk in and demand that they let him leave early then they need to take a serious fucking look at the whole transfer shit across the league.

He signed a 4-5yr deal last year and now he wants out and Parra will get nothing from it... Parra likely lost Sanders because of him signing that deal and Brown's contract is apparently full of PO's.

Moses should not be able to increase or change his contract at all for the length of it... should be able to move to a different club via a trade, but they take the full contract on and Parra should be able to get something back.
Parra shot themselves in the foot with all the dumb get out clauses which he has starting from the end of next year
Both him and brown are effectively free agents every year after that until like round 10
Similar to Fifitas deal

Can’t really blame a player for wanting to make the most out of his career.

Broncos were a basket case (and luckily in hindsight turned it around much quicker than we probably could’ve hoped for)

Storm are the most dominant nrl franchise over the last 20 years (not too mention have reputation for turning journeymen into elite players). If you’re in his shoes you’d be pretty brainless to not take up that opportunity career-wise for “loyalty” when a club will happily snub you when it suits them.

I’d happily take him back, for the right price ofcourse. Getting Walsh back has been amazing for us even though technically he wasn’t “loyal”
Agreed. Tho I hated it at the time, he would've been silly to not go. Careers are short, they can cop an injury and miss a whole season and be a back up again.

If you're Coates support crew you're advising him to go to Storm. Hell I'd advise most young players to get a gig at Storm! Grant Anderson looks like prime Lote down there😂😂

Dont think I said anything different
It sounded like you were saying that for him to get a new contract he'd have to walk away from his existing $320k... my bad if you weren't

That was horrendous listening (only listened to the signing for the Phins section):

For those that don't want to listen:
- Wanted to stay, didn't feel like there was a pathway for him here. Felt he was just going to be doing the same old here, no feeling of development.
- Didn't feel wanted at the Broncos. Felt more wanted at the Dolphins. Hinted at money, but reiterated that the plans and feelings of being wanted were more significant at the Phins.
- Heart was with the Broncos, but now it's been 'class' and he is really keen to work under Wolfe.
If there's one player who can't complain about opportunity and growth it's this flog.

Don't bs us all herbie. Money, money and some more money is why you didn't feel "developed".

You would be hard pressed to find a fan who thought he deserved his centre spot before 2023, and definitely before 2022. And the GRAND FINAL making side of 2023 didn't value the small effort areas you say? Good luck making a grand final with no effort.

Just sounds like a bitter wanker to me. No doubt he is missing the instagram followers he gained 90% of because he played for the broncos, 3 years from now once bennett leaves no one will remember his name. Once again another club that lives almost solely off the fart fumes of the broncos. Sniff it up redcliffe, 5 years from now the roar will be getting bigger crowds at suncorp outside of the broncos derby...

That was horrendous listening (only listened to the signing for the Phins section):

For those that don't want to listen:
- Wanted to stay, didn't feel like there was a pathway for him here. Felt he was just going to be doing the same old here, no feeling of development.
- Didn't feel wanted at the Broncos. Felt more wanted at the Dolphins. Hinted at money, but reiterated that the plans and feelings of being wanted were more significant at the Phins.
- Heart was with the Broncos, but now it's been 'class' and he is really keen to work under Wolfe.
The way I seen it was he didn't feel like he was getting developed and he was being the battering ram metre eating centre. Kotoni was the go to strike centre.
Not feeling wanted, the dolphins chased him hard and were desperate for him. So if course they would make him feel more wanted than the broncos could, at that stage the dolphins pretty much needed him and of course the phins through more more at him which also makes you feel a lot more wanted.

The signing happened before the 23 season where Herbie added more to his game and played his best footy, I think he even sorta hints at he would of stayed if he knew how he would progress that year.

Colossal **** up letting him walk out the door.

This was always going to be a no win situation for me.

Now, i'm hearing plenty of it was a **** up to let Herbie walk.

but if we had have even gotten close to matching the Phins offer, this place would have blown up about how badly our R & R team fucked up by matching the Phins offer, especially as Herbie signed before his stellar 2023 had even happened

This was always going to be a no win situation for me.

Now, i'm hearing plenty of it was a **** up to let Herbie walk.

but if we had have even gotten close to matching the Phins offer, this place would have blown up about how badly our R & R team fucked up by matching the Phins offer, especially as Herbie signed before his stellar 2023 had even happened

They weren't offering him stupid money.

From everything I've read, he wasn't even being offered more than what Staggs was on.

I said for years that Herbie was a proper footballer and you need those players in your squad. It most definitely was a **** up to let him go to the Dolphins.

From everything I've read, he wasn't even being offered more than what Staggs was on.

I said for years that Herbie was a proper footballer and you need those players in your squad. It most definitely was a **** up to let him go to the Dolphins.
Even with everything that has happened injury wise this season we probably win a few more games this year with Herbie in the team

He left for money. If he wanted to stay, he would have. The money would have come if he kept up what he was showing last year.

Utoikamanu is the same, can say whatever he wants and sure part of it was probably to play finals but it was money.

Just call it for what it is.

the reports were $700k a year.

Zero tackle also has him on that figure (and they get their figures from media reports).

as I said, If we had have gotten close to that offer before his 2023 season had taken place ... then BHQ would have imploded due to outrage.

the reports were $700k a year.

Zero tackle also has him on that figure (and they get their figures from media reports).

as I said, If we had have gotten close to that offer before his 2023 season had taken place ... then BHQ would have imploded due to outrage.

That's what Staggs is reportedly on and the people on here with the inside information say the offer from the Dolphins was less than that.

I've gone back and read the thread when it was first announced he was leaving, a lot of people were pissed off he was leaving. I don't see this meltdown that you mention happening if we did come closer to the Dolphins offer.

only if you're happy for this gig and this deal to be your last. doing what he's done has put at risk future NRL deals. he won't get a new deal from us, and I can't see how he fits at any other club.

besides i'm sure we would have chipped in a little, so probably wouldn't have had to take too much of a pay cut

He has to get his money doesn't matter if the Broncos pay it or the Broncos and Eels pay it.

Why on earth would the Eels chip in anything for Moses if he leaves? They don't want him to leave and clubs would be falling over themselves to get him. Eels need to make whoever take him pay the full amount.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • davidp
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • leon.bott
  • Dash
  • Dexter
  • broncsgoat
  • john1420
  • upthebroncs
  • Xzei
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.