Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Nah I'm with you. He's got so much potential to surpass Slater if only he was a wee bit quicker on the uptake. In fact if his learning capacity was as fast as his footy skills he'd be a bit of genius. I'm sure he'll eventually get many of those flaws ironed out. Hopefully he achieves it sooner than later so we get to see a fair few years of him carve it up for us.
Drop him into that same environment Billy Slater had with Craig Bellamy and everything else they have down there at the Storm and Walsh would absolutely become the best version of himself ..

Given the slew of unfulfilled talents who’ve been given the latitude to coast along and remain unfulfilled talents in the Broncos system over the last two decades, I don’t have much faith that Walsh will turn the corner like we all hope

Nah I'm with you. He's got so much potential to surpass Slater if only he was a wee bit quicker on the uptake. In fact if his learning capacity was as fast as his footy skills he'd be a bit of genius. I'm sure he'll eventually get many of those flaws ironed out. Hopefully he achieves it sooner than later so we get to see a fair few years of him carve it up for us.
I think once his team mates improve and get more experience we'll see a improve in his flaws. A fair chunk of the guys he's giving orders to have about the same experience as him and some with no footy IQ at all.
By all reports he's a massive footy head and keeps wanting to learn/improve so I think he will want to be the best in his position and not just sit around that good enough level.

Big Pete to be outraged at this case of mistaken identity.
Haha nah I wasn’t calling him big Pete.

It was 2 seperate points. Big Del’s ramblings attacking a player we all loved 6 months ago just capped off how crazy this has sent us all.

Big Pete and Santa had both dropped their bundles in other posts.

But people cant go around calling Walsh a generational talent if he cant be compared to our best fullback ever. This is another one i'll get grief for, but for me at the moment he's 2012 Ben Barba. He needs to add more steel to the defensive side of his game to really put himself up there as a so called generational player.

I think pretty much everybody recognises and give's him plenty of praise for what he does in attack. That part of his game is top tier, no question at all about that. As i keep saying, its the other side of his game thats the issue. He doesnt organise, he is a poor defender who is constantly out of position. How on earth can we consider basically giving him a long term, multi million dollar deal to make him our highest paid player ever when after 4 years as an NRL player and over 70 games he still gets some basic fullback play very wrong. He's not some raw rookie anymore.

What i would say as well, he's just one of a number of players under scrutiny. I think he's getting a lot more attention because of who he is and what he is capable of. Sadly, he's just one of quite a lot of players we have who simply dont work on the defensive side of their game enough. You will never win a premiership if you cant defend no matter how good your attack might be.
2013 Ben Barba *

Point taken but it's not quite accurate, Carroll wasn't there, Webke was 20 and played 1 game, Thorn was 20 and played 9 games, Tallis wasn't there
By his 3rd/4th year most of those guys were there. Walsh is coming up to his 4th season next year. And even though those guys might not have been at the top of their game, other players like Gillmeister, Hancock, Andrew Gee, Lazo were there. The point is Lockyer came in to a STACKED team of winners and Walsh has come into a building team of blokes who have the potential to be winners but have only won a spoon.

By his 3rd/4th year most of those guys were there. Walsh is coming up to his 4th season next year. And even though those guys might not have been at the top of their game, other players like Gillmeister, Hancock, Andrew Gee, Lazo were there. The point is Lockyer came in to a STACKED team of winners and Walsh has come into a building team of blokes who have the potential to be winners but have only won a spoon.
Sure , it's why I said point taken
Gilly left in 93.😜

So...all those pages to catch up on but no signings, disappointing.

There's a Super Rugby player running around for Souths Logan, Glen Vaihu. Seems pretty talented, don't know if we're linked though.

He's with our feeder, young 22-23, outside back. We'll need some backs next year.

Lockyer could do the basics way better than Walsh. Walsh is a highlight reel player right now and people get carried away with it. 4 years as an NRL player and he still can't defend at fullback like he should. He doesn't organise like a fullback should. You can't be a generational talent ( a term I actually can't stand ) if you only have one side to your game.

Yes ! I have been thinking the same .
There`s 2 sides of this game . ATM Reece is very good in one aspect .Severely lacking in the other .
That effort aginst Jo Jo Fafita was embarassing . And he cost his team in the GF by having a chat with the trainer and not doing his job .
I can remember Stacey Jones saying he had a lot to work on about 3 years ago . Dunno if Reece listened to what that legend had to say after he got dropped from 1sts . But there are obvious holes in his game that aren`t helped by Billy Slater tounging his arse in Origin camps .

Lockyer in the 90s was the best fullback, and arguably the best player, of all time with no weaknesses to his game so it's a bit tough on Walsh to compare the two.

Yeah right !
You didn`t watch the Test Match on the night he couldn`t hold onto the ball then ? He had a disasterous game . Full credit that he could come back from it . He was truly bad that night .

Kind of disappointing that we’ve don’t nothing to make our club better for next season. No players, 1 new assistant coach. Doesn’t this stuff normally start happening by now or will it be all off season scraps for our team?

Saw the first 60 minutes of last nights game and thought "Hello!" Our boy Trent is coaching this team that seems to have the measure of the riff. Saw the last try this morning where the Eels half was illegally bowled over and thought "yeh NRL HQ still riding the riff bandwagon in the battle of the West against AFL".

If your team is not the riff or the storm the bunker's call are a deadset lottery.

Saw the first 60 minutes of last nights game and thought "Hello!" Our boy Trent is coaching this team that seems to have the measure of the riff. Saw the last try this morning where the Eels half was illegally bowled over and thought "yeh NRL HQ still riding the riff bandwagon in the battle of the West against AFL".

If your team is not the riff or the storm the bunker's call are a deadset lottery.
I flicked over to the game on two occasions last night. The first thing I saw was a bullshit call from the bunker on a strip favouring Penrith and the second time was the above incident. Carry on, NRL. Carry on.

Active Now

• Sanjit Joseph
  • Spooky1013
  • Fitzy
  • spanky
  • thenry
  • ettybay
  • broncos4life
  • teampjta
  • Robboi_321
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.