Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

That's from Rugby League Project which draws from the ESL website. From what I've seen, it's pretty accurate. Way more than once? Which games exactly? Also what's way more? 1 more? 2 more? A dozen more?

I should also clarify i probably worded what i said wrong in regards to him starting in terms of him at Hull KR. Thinking about it, its more played in the position rather than starting in the position. Thats an error on my part.

I would love us to get Welch at the right price. He may not be exactly what we need from a playing perspective but what he brings is leadership and Melbourne's standards which is exactly what we need. It was clear that our standards and work ethic dropped this year with Capewell leaving who drove those standards. He also brings experience, we need another experienced voice out there than just Reynolds. Marty is the only other player with more than 125 games in our whole squad, that is concerning. Most of our squad have never had teammates to look up to and set standards.

Not sure if Buzz reads this forum or not lol but he is now too reporting in his Tele article just published that it is Christian Welch you lot are trying to sign for next season.

Roster moves I'd make for next season.

Give Taupau another year. Would only cost minimum wage and he has turned the clock back in the second half of this season

I'd give Oates another year at minimum wage, but only because of his loyalty. I'd also tell him to move to the back row and see if he can prolong his career there ... He isn't a winger any more.

I'd sign Tommy Opacic would be a good depth option

I'd sign horse from the Raiders. Gives is the Flegler aggressiveness our pack missed so much this year.

I'd keep trying to find a new home for Paix

Finally I'd try to convert Hetherington into a back rower. I love the bloke, but I think he'll keep falling down the middle forward pecking order here. And where short of back rowers
All of this @Foordy. Except the Oates part.
Pointless in the back row.
I love the Kobe to 11 option though!
Tackles and plays hard. Get him a while off season there, learn his lines, I think he could work out for us.

Not sure if Buzz reads this forum or not lol but he is now too reporting in his Tele article just published that it is Christian Welch you lot are trying to sign for next season.

Don’t believe it for two reasons:
1. Rothfield has no contact at the Broncs, he’s admitted this before himself
2. It would require our R&R team to be proactive, they aren’t

Don’t believe it for two reasons:
1. Rothfield has no contact at the Broncs, he’s admitted this before himself
2. It would require our R&R team to be proactive, they aren’t

If Buzz is basing it on this forum because he has no contacts, then what they said isn’t incorrect

Lachlan fitzgibbon?
Felt he was having a blinder last year for knights and surely would be easy to take from Warrington.

Probably committed to an ESL contract too early last year because he surely could of got an NRL contract if he waited a bit longer.

He has some ticker about him, but the downside would be his injury history which probably isn't what we need.

They absolutely do read this forum and use it for their rumours. Didn't someone on BHQ run a test once where they made something up and then it got reported in a newspaper?

They absolutely do read this forum and use it for their rumours. Didn't someone on BHQ run a test once where they made something up and then it got reported in a newspaper?
Why don’t we make rumours up that will at least make our heart feel good.

A real mongrel, although a bit of a penalty magnet is available for next season - Jack Hetherington from the Knights. A madman, but he certainly wouldn't be taking any shit from opposition players that's for certain. A good pick-up if can be signed for cheap. A damn sight better option than Jack Gochevski or whatever it's name is.

It says a lot about our salary cap situation that we haven’t looked to make any signings to improve our squad. It’s mismanagement at its finest. We’ve bottled what should have been a really good chance to have success.

It says a lot about our salary cap situation that we haven’t looked to make any signings to improve our squad. It’s mismanagement at its finest. We’ve bottled what should have been a really good chance to have success.

I know you are all doom and gloom and admit that but honestly, if our first 17 can stay on the park for more than like two games next year, we will do a lot better than you and many others think.

Did anyone in 2021 or even 2022 think we'd go to within one play of winning 2023? We have a long offseason now which is a blessing for this banged up side. These guys are getting smashed in the media, they will have a point to prove next year. If we work on our fitness first and foremost and learn to play with some discipline (I really think Barrett will help here), there is no reason whatsoever we can't bounce back quickly.

What we need to do is just get two-three astute signings in and it sounds like we are already pursuing one of them in Horsebreath. If we can land him, that will already be a massive step in the right direction. Next season holds a lot of promise.

I know you are all doom and gloom and admit that but honestly, if our first 17 can stay on the park for more than like two games next year, we will do a lot better than you and many others think.

Did anyone in 2021 or even 2022 think we'd go to within one play of winning 2023? We have a long offseason now which is a blessing for this banged up side. These guys are getting smashed in the media, they will have a point to prove next year. If we work on our fitness first and foremost and learn to play with some discipline (I really think Barrett will help here), there is no reason whatsoever we can't bounce back quickly.

What we need to do is just get two-three astute signings in and it sounds like we are already pursuing one of them in Horsebreath. If we can land him, that will already be a massive step in the right direction. Next season holds a lot of promise.
I’m not saying we need 10 signings . 2 or 3 smart signings would do the squad wonders.

Clayton Faulolo the young winger from Manly looks a likely type. Scores tries and is good under the high ball. Would be worth a look for sure

The problem is we haven’t done anything to solve our back row crisis
We still have basically no outside backs
And we still have 4 hookers…
Off season has barely started hopefully anyone we potentially are looking at are still involved in finals football,let clubs do their reviews ect and see where the pieces fall over the next two months

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Lurker
  • Jedhead
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Old Mate
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.