Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

I disagree there. I believe our front row has been one of our biggest problems all year. We're let teams run up and through the middle of us and that's made our side conpress in. With our side coming into closer to the middle of the field, it is leaving bigger gaps for our backs and backrows to try and defend. We need bigger middles and more middle rotation going, rather than Haas and Carrigan playing such massive minutes.
Our back 5 need to help the middles with metres. Our poor forwards do all the grunt work and then all the defence. No wonder the middle gets a bit loose.

Panthers back 5 usually are getting generally 150m+ and to'o and edwards 200m. Their middles generally do 100m or less, so they have more energy for defensive work/efforts.

Sharks back 5 are really good at this too.

There's no harm in signing another middle forward, as long as they don't take a big chunk of the cap. In an ideal world I think it would be nice if it was a good lock forward so Carrigan can start in the front row with Payne.
2nd row and probably a back with a high work rate should be the priorities though, so as long as there's still room in a cap for a move like that.

The broncos should sign Tyler coburn he plays for the magpies he’s a good back up for Riki or brendon averages 100 meteres a game with 95 tackle percentage definitely should be offered a development deal

I don't mind RCG but only if another of the middles are going, and of the ones on the books I would probably only be looking at Baker and Tapau for that, maybe Hetherington...I think Hunt and Gos may be worth persisting with at this stage, but it's hard to tell as well.

Why did we resign Tapau if we were in for RCG? I'll echo that it seems the R&R is totally reactionary.

What second rowers could we entice for $600k-ish, given that's clearly our biggest issue (and backup for our backs, Leota isn't ready and I'm not convinced he ever will be, based on what I saw of him this year).

We need to be plugging the gaping holes in the squad, not beefing up areas where we're already doing alright. Is the plan to run with Riki and Peeks with Pat as backup next year? If so the entire R&R dept needs to GTFO yesterday.
This clown show probably pay rcg 800k over 10 yrs

We have one of the best rotations of middle forwards in the comp. We don't need to strengthen it.

Yes we do.

We got bashed far too many times this year and we didn't have anyone that could give it back. Haas is a metre eater, Patty is a workhorse, Willison is still a few years away from being that type of player. You need aggression, you need an enforcer, we don't have one. The premiership winning teams have them. Flegler was ours, we let him go.

We can still make other signings to fix the other issues in the side. Not sure why people are panicking like we can only make one signing.

Our back 5 need to help the middles with metres. Our poor forwards do all the grunt work and then all the defence. No wonder the middle gets a bit loose.

Panthers back 5 usually are getting generally 150m+ and to'o and edwards 200m. Their middles generally do 100m or less, so they have more energy for defensive work/efforts.

Sharks back 5 are really good at this too.
Probably best we keep Cobbo on the wing next year, hopefully Mariner can get a bit bigger over the off season and pick up the slack in this area

The club should get the whole top 30 “cycling” in the off season. Get everyone juiced to the gills, taper off coming into mid Jan. Out of your system by Feb, but you have all the gains..

Our starting second rowers aren't too bad,

Riki - can`t make metres or break the line .No threat from him .

Piakura didn`t hit a hole in 3 months and missed a lot of tackles that led to tries .
Not ready .

But , yeah aren`t too bad . WTF ????

Is there any way Corey Oates can actually be turned into a full time back rower?
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

He was a good wagon .
But he done broke down . Just leave him be .

Our starting second rowers aren't too bad,

No...that's wrong.

Piakura should be fired into the sun. He's not even QCup standard the way he's been playing.

Riki has been as equally bad, but I think there's more upside to him when he's playing well and I would persist with him for a least one more season.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • BooKhaki
  • broncos4life
  • Foordy
  • Dreaglor
  • winslow_wong
  • Fozz
  • Galah
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • Rambstien
  • FACTHUNT
  • Justwin
  • Porthoz
  • Spooky1013
  • Midean
  • RolledOates
  • Stix
  • Xzei
  • Footy Fanatic
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.