Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Didn't the cowboys just get rid of Holmes to keep their guys coming through?
I think it was more not wanting to pay a center over $1m... if they had Val on the books for a better price then I doubt they're looking to offload him.

They've let go of Val Holmes, Chad Townsend and Kyle Feldt.

And we've let go Flegler, Farnworth, Palasia and Capewell plus Oates has retired. Reynolds is also on a reduced deal and and will retire before this comes about. We also haven't actually re-signed any of the guys off contract yet either. So we would have way more than them, if it is down to money, there is no way they can offer more than us.

And we've let go Flegler, Farnworth, Palasia and Capewell plus Oates has retired. Reynolds is also on a reduced deal and and will retire before this comes about. We also haven't actually re-signed any of the guys off contract yet either. So we would have way more than them, if it is down to money, there is no way they can offer more than us.
We dont want to offer Cobbo anywhere near what his management are sniffing for.
All we do is say good luck to the cowboys

Not sure how you could know that, nor whether we want him/he wants to stay.

I would say he can't pop home to Cherbourg on the weekend if he's living in Townsville.

We dont want to offer Cobbo anywhere near what his management are sniffing for.
All we do is say good luck to the cowboys

The Cowboys won't/ can't give him what his management want either.

The moved on Holmes who was on a million or more per season, because he was fucking their cap... No way they immediately sign another centre on a million a season

I think it was more not wanting to pay a center over $1m... if they had Val on the books for a better price then I doubt they're looking to offload him.
Unless he was seriously unhappy here which under Madge he doesn't know yet, I think it would take a contract like what Val was on to move him so far away from his home.

In regards to Cobbo and Staggs, could it be us calling their bluff??

Their managers are looking for big money, especially when it comes to Cobbo, but we're telling them here's our deal you go and prove that valuation from the rest of the NRL.. if the offers aren't coming in then we aren't needing to overpay to keep them.

Will a club offer Cobbo fullback money??

I'm not sure they would ... it's mostly based on potential at this stage... he is susceptible under the high ball, needs fitness and lacks ball playing for the position.

To me he's a centre more so than a winger or fullback nowadays... he can be the one that moves in game if an injury occurs... but as a fulltime fullback I think he needs a lot of work and is someone going to pay in the hope that they can turn him into the player that some think he can become... with the potential of homesickness being very real on top of that

Yeah but I assume they just haven't plucked it out of thin air
Dean Winchester Reaction GIF

Does Cobbo need a lift? I don’t have a trip to Townsville planned but I can rearrange things if it will get this across the line.

Not sure how you could know that, nor whether we want him/he wants to stay.

I would say he can't pop home to Cherbourg on the weekend if he's living in Townsville.

Well I can't know that of course, just putting two and two together and getting 5 - NRL rumour mongering 101.

I wouldn’t be sad if we lose Cobbo. He’s one of those players that you’ll go crazy hoping he reaches his potential. I’d be happy to eat my words but he won’t be playing first grade NRL by the time he’s 26 and it will be a sad and frustrating decline until then. Would rather it not be with us.

If we can release him early to sign a decent experienced second rower I’d be all for it. Probably would mean we need a back up fullback somewhere too. Though Arthars can probably do a job there

I don't disagree with any of you about Cobbo no longer being a priority but geez you can't blame players for having no loyalty when you look at the about-face on Cobbo in 12 short months

Start of the year everyone wanted to **** Staggs off and keep Cobbo. Now everyone is falling over themselves to get rid.

I don't disagree with any of you about Cobbo no longer being a priority but geez you can't blame players for having no loyalty when you look at the about-face on Cobbo in 12 short months

Start of the year everyone wanted to **** Staggs off and keep Cobbo. Now everyone is falling over themselves to get rid.
Leave me out of the everyone.

Cobbo looked absolutely gone last season, very disinterested it seems. He's currently on 625k a year and that's massive overs on what he ditched up last season.

Active Now

• Morepudding
  • lynx000
  • Broncorob
  • Waynesaurus
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Redfern_1980
  • mitch222
  • Sproj
  • Volvo Driver
  • whykickamoocow
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Redux
  • broncos4life
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • cento
  • Aldo
  • Astro
  • the_next
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.