Broncos sign Pangai Jr for 2017

I just made my first post on the GH ... I was going to ask how long before it got edited by the moderator (because i gave them the cold hard truth), but it turns out that it must be approved by a moderator before they will let it be viewed publicly (i'm not sure if it is because i am a new member or not) ... so i doubt it will ever make it up onto the board. :laugh:

here is my post

Gun post Foordy. Unfortunately the don't like the truth or reality getting in the way of their whinging so I doubt it will get past their childish moderator.

I will be surprised it it gets through. I have read the thread over there. There are quite a few realists over there that make sense when they post. Like a lot of internet forums there are some pretty way out loonies and others that are blinkered lime green in what they see and hear. I have to chuckle over the comment from Sleek the Elite that we have always been a parasite club on the basis of taking Bennett at the end of 87. A fair proportion of their side they had raided from the Brisbane comp, including Bennett. He had only been there one season and then he came home to where he had previously been coaching for years.

The other thing that I find amusing is that they base this parasitic argument on the basis of a couple of players we have recruited in the last couple of years and ignore the fact that the large majority of our squad we have developed.

I completely agree lynx. By and large the vast majority of posters over there are level-headed contributors who would be more than welcome here. I think it's unfair to highlight a few bad eggs and consider it indicative of the entire forum. I've seen a few people on social media do the exact same thing with BHQ, where they'll take one post completely out of context and use it as a way to write off the entire forum.

The way I see it, their behaviour is no different from the anti-Roosters rhetoric that pops up on here. Everyone tries to play salary cap auditor without considering logistics.

Gun post Foordy. Unfortunately the don't like the truth or reality getting in the way of their whinging so I doubt it will get past their childish moderator.

Apparently miracles do occur ... I got sn email saying the post was approved ... Their response to my post should be good for a laugh :laugh:

Also check out my post in the Raiders player speculation thread ... Got approved also... Another post of me labelling them as hypocrites.

I will be surprised it it gets through. I have read the thread over there. There are quite a few realists over there that make sense when they post. Like a lot of internet forums there are some pretty way out loonies and others that are blinkered lime green in what they see and hear. I have to chuckle over the comment from Sleek the Elite that we have always been a parasite club on the basis of taking Bennett at the end of 87. A fair proportion of their side they had raided from the Brisbane comp, including Bennett. He had only been there one season and then he came home to where he had previously been coaching for years.

The other thing that I find amusing is that they base this parasitic argument on the basis of a couple of players we have recruited in the last couple of years and ignore the fact that the large majority of our squad we have developed.
Haha, this was the same clown who was whining about the Broncs "poaching" Lazarus, wasn't it?
Um no, Lazo left because the Raiders CHEATED THE CAP and they had to let players go.
Cheating the Cap - just one more thing the Raiders suck at....

The Broncos list of 'losses' may not be that impressive, but what about the Raiders?

Anthony Milford
Josh Dugan
Joel Monaghan
Jamie Soward
Joel Thompson
Travis Waddell
Matt McIlwrick
Ryan Hinchcliffe
Jeremy Hawkins
Mark Nicholls
Mitchell Cornish
Sam Mataora
Will Zillman
Daniel Vidot
Terry Campese
Todd Carney
Justin Carney
Josh McCrone
Matt Allwood
Sami Sauiluma

A couple of quality names there, but it's mostly fringe first graders or ESL players at this point. Even so, the likes of Dugan, Carney and Monaghan were all sacked - there was nothing unfair about their dismissals other than the Raiders inability to keep their own players in line.

All this bellyaching about poaching, who was actually poached? Soward (over a decade ago), Monaghan (over a decade ago), Zillman (huge loss that...), Thompson (who wanted to return home) and Milford (is it poaching when they come to you?).

Shit happens. We lost 2/3 NYC Player of the Year before they even had a chance to debut with us. And unlike Pangai Jr who was a gun in the Newcastle junior division, Tariq Sims was a skinny mediocre winger who cared more about surfing than Rugby League.

I understand their dilemma. I mean, they are based in Australia's arsehole, with very little business other than public service, and thus limited opportunities to get good TPA agreements. It's cold and dour most of the year, while we live in the sunshine most of the year, and only get a bit uncomfortable in the summer with the humidity. Guess what... c'est la vie!

It is also true we have a much better position than them, being a single club in Rugby League's capital of the world, getting near 40K people to every home game in the best Rugby League stadium there is, led by the premier coach in the business, making us obviously much more attractive than most.

That is where the extent of their reason ends, and where the envy and delusion starts with some of them, led by that GE moron.

I've lost count of the players we developed and were forced to lose due to the salary cap. Of course we don't lose our best and brightest, unless some shit head like Cullen lets a player like Civo go, but we still manage to field a team with an average 80%+ of players developed here. And why do we keep the best and brightest? Well, all of the above and... we're not stuck under the Furners oligarchy.

Boohoo, we play on Friday nights and get more exposure. Yeah, that's because we sell you friggin morons, and be grateful we do, because that is how you are getting a bigger grant, while Broncos supporters get one fucking Sunday afternoon game a season!
How much do you figure the Raiders would sell on prime time? Yeah, no need to answer that... it was rhetorical, because we all know the answer: zilch!

But hey, they want to keep the youngsters who grew up in Qld admiring the Broncos and jump at the chance of representing them at any cost. So in some of those "brilliant minds", the NRL should just make special rules for them and force players to stay there forever, unless of course... they don't really want them, in which case, they can leave.
Oh, and of course, never mind those rules when they're the ones pursuing other players. Right Tapine, right Paulo?

Raiders fans, you want better? Move somewhere minimally attractive or here's an idea... change club! :thefinger:

They do not respond well to an alternative view point on the GH. I will respect GE's observation that it is raiders fan forum and not post any further over there. I thought it would be interesting to have an exchange of views but if it is not welcome so be it.

I actually feel a bit sorry for them that quite a large majority are so bitter.

They do not respond well to an alternative view point on the GH. I will respect GE's observation that it is raiders fan forum and not post any further over there. I thought it would be interesting to have an exchange of views but if it is not welcome so be it.

I actually feel a bit sorry for them that quite a large majority are so bitter.
I am not in the least surprised to how you were received there... that is one deluded, bitter bunch of idiots wearing tin foil hats, all feeling sorry for themselves and the poor basket case of a club they follow.

The GH always provides quality reading material. We're now apparently on the same tier as the Storm so far as rorting goes. I distinctly remember other club's fans laughing at our side (particularly our pack) at the beginning of last season, how quickly things change.

It's funny, because our side isn't much different than 2014 and we were apparently well under the cap.

We signed a few first graders. But two of them we would have got for a bargain price because they were released by their club.

Last edited:
I love reading the GH at the moment. It's like watching The Office. A parody of the real world but getting it hopelessly wrong.

I love reading the GH at the moment. It's like watching The Office. A parody of the real world but getting it hopelessly wrong.

Yes it was an interesting experience. Like a lot of internet forums, rather than reading what someone actually posts a lot of them just read what they want to believe. If you post over there immediately you are a troll even if you are not trolling.

I also do not know what they expect anyone from here to say about the Gee situation. The NRL integrity unit conducted an investigation and came up with no evidence (part of which I fully acknowledge was because of the decision of Gee to stay quiet which would lead to an inference of suspicion). But if they could not find anything I don't know what they expect an individual fan of the club to say or do about it other than to say (as I did) that if it were established that the salary cap was breached or manipulated I would expect us to be fully punished as other clubs have been. That statement was interpreted by one of the geniuses over there as me saying nothing to see hear, move along. It seems like a fair few posters over there believe that the club is the NRL embodiment of Satan and we are all spawn of satan. It does not appear that anything is likely to resolve that view.

Is anyone able to confirm that the $300,000 in question was spread over three seasons with it being $100,000 a season?

There's some very jealous supporters over there that have a pure hatrid for us because of the Milford saga..They would have been cheering if the roles were reversed yet they think we are scum because we are now premiership contenders.

Yes it was an interesting experience. Like a lot of internet forums, rather than reading what someone actually posts a lot of them just read what they want to believe. If you post over there immediately you are a troll even if you are not trolling.

I also do not know what they expect anyone from here to say about the Gee situation. The NRL integrity unit conducted an investigation and came up with no evidence (part of which I fully acknowledge was because of the decision of Gee to stay quiet which would lead to an inference of suspicion). But if they could not find anything I don't know what they expect an individual fan of the club to say or do about it other than to say (as I did) that if it were established that the salary cap was breached or manipulated I would expect us to be fully punished as other clubs have been. That statement was interpreted by one of the geniuses over there as me saying nothing to see hear, move along. It seems like a fair few posters over there believe that the club is the NRL embodiment of Satan and we are all spawn of satan. It does not appear that anything is likely to resolve that view.

Is anyone able to confirm that the $300,000 in question was spread over three seasons with it being $100,000 a season?

That's what I always thought.

My recollection was that the money disappeared and then reappeared with no explanation.

Active Now

• The Don
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • mrslong
  • Culhwch
  • Behold
  • Allo
  • Justwin
  • FACTHUNT
  • Lurker
  • Volvo Driver
  • Dazza 92
  • Maddy
  • Strop
  • Harry Sack
  • Brocko
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncs30
  • RodF
  • johnny plath
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.