OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely we are in a prime position to getting either sua or Allan if not both right??

Very good operator and keeps a low profile. Questionable decision on the gender reveal thing for me. He's moved up the chain of command and is now a leader at the club.
'Questionable' would be easily the most polite way of spinning the correct description of that farce that I've seen so far.

In the worst season in our history, the fact that this still ranks as one of the absolute lowlights for many fans speaks volumes about just how poor and inexcusable an error in judgement that was.

Last edited:
2 most notable accomplishments seem to be:

- Brokered a deal to get Fifita back from
Bali so he could not put in during the season and then fly the coup (yes, I understand hindsight is 20/20), and;
- Sanctioned the Kayla and Darius party to celebrate the success that was season 2020.

But hey; hopefully I’m just not in the know and he’s a superstar.

You wouldn't find a list of accomplishments for any football manager anywhere really. Is everyone on time, dressed the same, at the bus, at the airport, make the flight, gear all ready, dressing room ready- they do a 1000 little things that if they're not done well your team goes to hell.

They're RIngo, not Paul or John.

2 most notable accomplishments seem to be:

- Brokered a deal to get Fifita back from
Bali so he could not put in during the season and then fly the coup (yes, I understand hindsight is 20/20), and;
- Sanctioned the Kayla and Darius party to celebrate the success that was season 2020.

But hey; hopefully I’m just not in the know and he’s a superstar.
Ex SAS, surely he's got some knowledge on certain aspects needed on the field .

You wouldn't find a list of accomplishments for any football manager anywhere really. Is everyone on time, dressed the same, at the bus, at the airport, make the flight, gear all ready, dressing room ready- they do a 1000 little things that if they're not done well your team goes to hell.

Not to be funny, but isn’t our club already in hell? How much worse could it get?

I understand he’s not responsible for our on field performance, but perhaps he’s not doing those 1000 little things very well either - would that be surprising given the rot everywhere else at the club?

More worryingly though, if he has a lot of power as you mentioned, is this a good or bad thing?

Not to be funny, but isn’t our club already in hell? How much worse could it get?

I understand he’s not responsible for our on field performance, but perhaps he’s not doing those 1000 little things very well either - would that be surprising given the rot everywhere else at the club?

More worryingly though, if he has a lot of power as you mentioned, is this a good or bad thing?
I have major concerns in light of recent events about literally anyone at the Broncos doing their jobs as well as possible at the moment, but I think when it gets to the stage that we're finger pointing at the Team Manager for our shitty results then we've probably gone just a little bit too far.

If he is a glorified secretary, why does he have so much power? If he makes a decision like the gender reveal, how does he still have a job?

I have major concerns in light of recent events about literally anyone at the Broncos doing their jobs as well as possible at the moment, but I think when it gets to the stage that we're finger pointing at the Team Manager for our shitty results then we've probably gone just a little bit too far.
Not sure I follow you sorry? Indeed, I did say he’s not responsible for our on-field performance. 🤔

My concern is that if he is “all powerful now” as 1910 has said, is he equipped be. The last thing the club needs is another person with NFI wielding all the power.

I did not know this, that’s good enough for me right there.
Served in Iraq and Afghanistan, maybe he should do some training with the team for pre season

If he is a glorified secretary, why does he have so much power? If he makes a decision like the gender reveal, how does he still have a job?

That's not what he is at all, good football manager is worth gold. You ever heard anyone say Tosser was just a secretary? Queensland has had three in forty years because stability in the role is important.

Good ones are all about the players, and do anything they can so the player just worries about Sunday afternoon.

He worked up from Welfare to football manager, it wasn't supposed to be a slight on him to say he's powerful but he is now.

Great analogy.

That's not what he is at all, good football manager is worth gold. You ever heard anyone say Tosser was just a secretary? Queensland has had three in forty years because stability in the role is important.

Good ones are all about the players, and do anything they can so the player just worries about Sunday afternoon.

He worked up from Welfare to football manager, it wasn't supposed to be a slight on him to say he's powerful but he is now.

Sure but that gender reveal was such a bad judgment call, it is hard to say it benefitted the players either, look how much backlash they got, rightly or wrongly. And more to that, given there seem to be some pretty big rifts in the playing groups to the point some of them barely talk to each other, is he really managing them well? No I am not saying it is all his fault, I am asking is he really doing that great a job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.