Broncos to Las Vegas

I can see them trotting out Lizzo to do a rendition of "Simply the Best" personally.

DD has said that if we agree to go to Vegas, it would only be as an away team. we won't be giving up a home game
Obviously, we get far too much crowd at home to give up.

No one should be forced to give up a home game to go there.
The reality is 2 teams have to and I hate to say it I doubt it will go down well with other clubs that the team that already gets an extra home game on an away game through magic round would get to go to Vegas as an away fixture. However very smart of Dave to do that cause seems the NRL are more desperate for us to go to Vegas than we are so may as well use that to our advantage.

The reality is 2 teams have to and I hate to say it I doubt it will go down well with other clubs that the team that already gets an extra home game on an away game through magic round would get to go to Vegas as an away fixture. However very smart of Dave to do that cause seems the NRL are more desperate for us to go to Vegas than we are so may as well use that to our advantage.

It’s fairly easy though if they actually plan for it. Just give every team an away game that week and so give them one more home game than everyone else.

It’s fairly easy though if they actually plan for it. Just give every team an away game that week and so give them one more home game than everyone else.
That won’t go down well either. Going to Vegas isn’t a punishment, it’s the envy of all these small market teams who would love the opportunity to spread their brands globally. Which 4 teams get the extra away game because 4 other clubs got to go to Vegas and 2 of them refused to have a home games as a Vegas round? Someone’s gonna have to suck it up and whilst it’s very smart of Donaghy to manipulate it in our favour but at the end of the day you can’t have your cake and eat it too. Would be very hypocritical to refuse it and then shove it down some other ***** throats as punishment, we are no more deserving than any other team at the end of the day. Obviously they are well within there rights to say we don’t want to have a bar of it if it means losing a home game but can’t say that and expect everyone else have to suffer and accomodate just so we can go to Vegas.

That won’t go down well either. Going to Vegas isn’t a punishment, it’s the envy of all these small market teams who would love the opportunity to spread their brands globally. Which 4 teams get the extra away game because 4 other clubs got to go to Vegas and 2 of them refused to have a home games as a Vegas round? Someone’s gonna have to suck it up and whilst it’s very smart of Donaghy to manipulate it in our favour but at the end of the day you can’t have your cake and eat it too. Would be very hypocritical to refuse it and then shove it down some other ***** throats as punishment, we are no more deserving than any other team at the end of the day. Obviously they are well within there rights to say we don’t want to have a bar of it if it means losing a home game but can’t say that and expect everyone else have to suffer and accomodate just so we can go to Vegas.

I couldn’t care less about ‘fairness’, that’s what the salary cap is supposed to be for and look how they’re going. We are a huge club and we have every right to push our weight around. The NRL gets far more of us going for this stupid idea than we get for going, they should compensate whoever goes, especially the big money makers like us. If a smaller team complains and wants to go instead, great let them go. Less potential injuries for us, less chance to derail the season with jet lag and being unsettled etc and less chance of players doing stupid things in a city that caters to stupid things. Can almost guarantee at least one of the clubs that goes will come back broken and I do not want that to be us.

I couldn’t care less about ‘fairness’, that’s what the salary cap is supposed to be for and look how they’re going. We are a huge club and we have every right to push our weight around. The NRL gets far more of us going for this stupid idea than we get for going, they should compensate whoever goes, especially the big money makers like us. If a smaller team complains and wants to go instead, great let them go. Less potential injuries for us, less chance to derail the season with jet lag and being unsettled etc and less chance of players doing stupid things in a city that caters to stupid things. Can almost guarantee at least one of the clubs that goes will come back broken and I do not want that to be us.
And I 100% agree with you but the Vegas idea is a small market teams dream. You can’t expect everybody else who misses out on Vegas to take the rough end of the stick cause Fitzy, Sprojy and Dave don’t want to miss a home game. Like I said if they aren’t happy enough with running the risk of getting a home game in Vegas than pull out. It is very smart to manipulate the NRL like he has done but I can’t see the club that versus us that has to give up an away game being very happy cause at the end of the day we are no more deserving of a fair draw than anybody else. Cause at the end of the day we have copped the away game at magic round for years as silly as that is, something eventually has to give. We especially are not deserving enough to go to Vegas and expect some small market team who misses out have 1 less home game for the year. It can’t possibly be done by the NRL. At the end of the day we are an equal stakeholder to everybody else when it comes to maintaining the interests of clubs. We are no more important than Newcastle just cause we have a saturated market to ourselves for 35 years. Can’t reap the benefits of everything and not expect a little bit of give and take along the way. As I said smart from Dave but if we were to cop an away game in Vegas from another organisation pulling this move we would be seething let alone if we were not going to Vegas at all and expected to give up a home game cause Ditzy, Trojy and Mave from the Knights weren’t impressed with that being a home game. Exact same sacrifice 14 teams made this year for Magic round and we weren’t one of them. We are either in or out, you either want to reap the rewards of going to Vegas or you don’t. Whilst the best of both worlds would be amazing can’t be expecting everyone else to take the shit end of these deals when we so clearly stand to gain so much.

No one should be forced to give up a home game to go there.
The NRL will probably offer some money in compensation like they do for Magic round, and teams who get small crowds like the Sydney ones will lap it up.

They can complain all they want, but Brisbane has the highest crowd attendances and highest membership in the NRL.

Possibly impacting that to send them on a trip to 'Merica would rightly piss off the Broncos hierarchy.

I'd assume the 'home' team also gets compensated for the lost game (revenue, sponsorship, etc.) and we may be one of the most expensive to compensate if a home game is taken away.

So the Sydney clubs can piss and moan all they want, but if they want that to change then maybe they should look to their almighty leader Vlando "and just be better".

I reckon the 2 games in Vegas would be
1. Souffs vs Manly
2. Broncos vs Storm Cheats/Rotters which must be our Away game.

I reckon the 2 games in Vegas would be
1. Souffs vs Manly
2. Broncos vs Storm Cheats/Rotters which must be our Away game.
They're suggesting Raiders, because of the common name.

Has a team ever failed up so massively in its existence 😳😳

I'm not against this, but it does reek of a vanity project for someone who regards Vegas as the pinnacle of prestige: ie, an idiot gambler. It's a big adventure for the players, especially the younger ones, to inspire them through the arduous preseason. That's fine as long as the Strip isn't the gateway drug to forming their own idiot gambling habit.

If you worry about corruption in the NRL, look no further than the idiot gambler to be the one throwing the game.

As for forging inroads into the USA: the only way to get American eyeballs on the NRL is to have some Americans playing in Australian teams. Will this be a catalyst for that? You could maybe make that case, but only if we have scouts scouring the colleges for NFL rejects who can offer them an alternative pathway complete with work visas. But d-list kids, not good enough for the local code, isn't going to cut it either. Unless we can siphon a Jarryd Hayne who's already a household name, it's not going to make much of a splash. And I'm not sure a washed up NFL star could even make the bench in an NRL team.

I'm not against this, but it does reek of a vanity project for someone who regards Vegas as the pinnacle of prestige: ie, an idiot gambler. It's a big adventure for the players, especially the younger ones, to inspire them through the arduous preseason. That's fine as long as the Strip isn't the gateway drug to forming their own idiot gambling habit.

If you worry about corruption in the NRL, look no further than the idiot gambler to be the one throwing the game.

As for forging inroads into the USA: the only way to get American eyeballs on the NRL is to have some Americans playing in Australian teams. Will this be a catalyst for that? You could maybe make that case, but only if we have scouts scouring the colleges for NFL rejects who can offer them an alternative pathway complete with work visas. But d-list kids, not good enough for the local code, isn't going to cut it either. Unless we can siphon a Jarryd Hayne who's already a household name, it's not going to make much of a splash. And I'm not sure a washed up NFL star could even make the bench in an NRL team.
The whole thing seems like a big waste of time and money. I we want to take the game overseas, go to the pacific.

Why do we give a shit about yanks again?

Active Now

• Battler
  • Financeguy
  • Morkel
  • mrslong
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Cavalo
  • Wolfie
  • Volvo Driver
  • Manofoneway
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • RolledOates
  • jd87
  • Galah
  • ostin86
  • Fozz
  • MrRobot
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.