NEWS Broncos to sign Albert Kelly and David Mead

DCE, RTS, Kalyn Ponga, Ben Hunt, Shaun Johnson... should I go on?

Damien Cook became an elite Dummy Half and Cody Walker became a pretty elite 5/8 playing under the exact same spud Milford spectacularly shit the bed playing under.

I'm not absolving Seibold of blame, far from it, but Milford needs to be accountable for his efforts too and to suggest otherwise is to live in fantasy land.
Half of those players listed are regularly lambasted on here for not performing up to their price tag.

Half of those players listed are regularly lambasted on here for not performing up to their price tag.
What? RTS won a Dally M medal and was just made the Captain of the Year? DCE just Captained a winning Origin series and carried Manly all year. Ponga speaks for himself as a proven matchwinner, and he's still just a kid. Hunt and Johnson maybe at a stretch?

You could argue Hunt simply doesn't have the talent to perform at his outrageous price tag because almost no player is worth what he gets paid, but he's still one of the best competitors in his side each week. He certainly doesn't go missing at anywhere near the level Milford does even when he's moved through a range of positions at a greater rate than Milford ever was. As for Johnson, he's hot and cold, but he still regularly wins games for Cronulla even with a shit roster and a spud Coach. When could you last say that of Milford?

Milford gets regularly outplayed and out enthused by Corey Norman and THAT is saying something.

Last edited:
Carried Manly to 13th and 3-10 without Turbo? I didn't rate him in origin either. Munster literally took control in both our wins.

Even if you argue he’s had a bad year, he’s always competing and always playing to a high standard in a losing side, even if he isn’t worth a million based on results, he still is twice the consistent player Milford is.

Even Ash Taylor regularly seems to do more than Milf and he too is worth nowhere near a million dollars. The fact we are talking about Milf in similar terms to Taylor and Norman says everything.

Even if you argue he’s had a bad year, he’s always competing and always playing to a high standard in a losing side, even if he isn’t worth a million based on results, he still is twice the consistent player Milford is.

Even Ash Taylor regularly seems to do more than Milf and he too is worth nowhere near a million dollars. The fact we are talking about Milf in similar terms to Taylor and Norman says everything.
I mean you could just put the argument out as to whether you would take Milf on his $1m or SJ/DCE/RTS/Hunt etc. on the same $1m. Disregarding contract lengths (Hunt with another 2-3yrs I believe) and contract values (ie DCE on $1.3m).

Knowing you had $1m in cap how many of those existing million dollar players would you take instead of Milf

I know you love a list Sproj

Last edited:
I just hope Kevie isn't trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear with Milford , because he'll soon find himself trying to polish a turd . Having said that , knowing what he has produced , get him fit and motivated, if that's even still possible and hopefully we'll see some of his old form return. He is extremely lucky I believe to still be in this team , It will be interesting to see how he performs under the Kevolution .

I'm happy to agree he always competes and is more consistent, I just see him as also highly overpaid. Origin probably skewed my reflection on his season tbh so was probably a bit harsh with my assessment above. Manly was 6th the year before and playing well in the finals largely without Turbo from memory though so probably lumped their fall on DCE a bit.

Last edited:
A fit Kelly in the squad excites me most for the fire it can hopefully light under our current halves pairing. Meads a great fella and personality to have around the squad, and has been more than a strong player over for the Dragons.
Finally some decent news!

I mean you could just put the argument out as to whether you would take Milf on his $1m or SJ/DCE/RTS/Hunt etc. on the same $1m. Disregarding contract lengths (Hunt with another 2-3yrs I believe) and contract values (ie DCE on $1.3m).

Knowing you had $1m in cap how many of those existing million dollar players would you take instead of Milf

I know you love a list Sproj

Million dollar players (and non million but likely to earn that much) I’d take before Milf:

Munster
Keary
Tedesco
Grant
C.Smith (and I don’t want him as he will burn the club and only has a year left most likely)
B.Smith
Ponga
Pearce
DCE
Brimson
Manu
Moses
Cleary
Walker
Cook
Morgan (if fully fit)
Foran (if fully fit, heck even half fit)
RTS
Maloney
Widdop
Williams
Wighton
Gutherson

Million dollar players (and non million but likely to earn that much) I’d take before Milf:

Munster
Keary
Tedesco
Grant
C.Smith (and I don’t want him as he will burn the club and only has a year left most likely)
B.Smith
Ponga
Pearce
DCE
Brimson
Manu
Moses
Cleary
Walker
Cook
Morgan (if fully fit)
Foran (if fully fit, heck even half fit)
RTS
Maloney
Widdop
Williams
Wighton
Gutherson

here's a question for you.

where does he fall on that list if Kevvie finds 2015 Milf?

p.s. surely that list isn't in order, because if it is, i'm surprised you have Grant that low

Morgan has been shit since the 2017 GF.

Yes he's had injuries, but so has Milf and many other players. Gets far less flak than he deserves.

Just tossing it out there, not defending Milf being shit for two years.

here's a question for you.

where does he fall on that list if Kevvie finds 2015 Milf?

p.s. surely that list isn't in order, because if it is, i'm surprised you have Grant that low

Definitely not in order and 2015 Milf is obviously a lot higher but 2015 Milf has not been seen in four years.

Here’s a question. Which players have gotten better after becoming $1m players?

Smith, Tedesco, JTs. That’s about all I can think of.

Has smith ever actually had a million dollar contract(or two)?

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Waynesaurus
  • pennywisealfie
  • Nerd
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • marw
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Skyblues87
  • Aldo
  • Midean
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Brocko
  • Tim K
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • big k
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.