Broncos V Eels, Post Game Discussion - ***SPOILER***

Again I think everyone is exagerrating with the Michaels bashing. He didn't do too much wrong tonight and seemed to be getting hit in the head everytime he got the ball which wouldn't have helped. On one occasion he wanted Winterstein to come back inside but he didn't and Michaels got bundled into touch. I do think however that Folau should be moved to the centres and Michaels out to his wing in a straight swap. Folau's not getting enough football out on the wing.

Overall a big improvement this week although admittedly against a weak opposition. There was still a bit of a lapse there and that is definitely something to work on. The kicking game was an improvement, although it's not quite there yet - Burt was found on the full quite a few times. Outstanding games by Lockyer and Hunt.

I'd rather have Winterstein than Michaels because he's great in attack...although he needs to learn (or gain confidence) in defusing bombs.

Kudos to Locky, Wallace, Kenny and Karmichael for having awesome performances tonight. :D

LOLZ @ the cheerleader.

I still think folau to left centre, yow yeh to right wing. Solid game without being brilliant. I wouldn't get too excited. Parra wouldn't have beaten a queensland cup team tonight. At times the broncos stooped to their level. Still lots of improvement left.

Aeetee said:
gUt said:
Some good tries tonight against a reserve grade quality side. I feel sorry for Hindmarsh and Cayless, I really do.

So do I.

As Flutterby said to me tonight, I would blame Hindmarsh if he just wallked off the field and got changed. You can only do the hard yards for so long. His team just does not back up his work rate or the heart he shows.

I don't. After the pain they caused the Broncs for a considerable time when Smith coached them, I say let them eat pain themselves now. There are still not many better things than flogging Parra, even when they are crap anyway (OK, flogging Manly/Storm is better).

Yeah, if Hayne managed to hold onto the ball those three times. It would be a totally different game.

That first was totally LOLZ though!

How many tries did Hayne attempt tonight? I was counting it and I think I got about 5-6???

Coxyz said:
I still think folau to left centre, yow yeh to right wing. Solid game without being brilliant. I wouldn't get too excited. Parra wouldn't have beaten a queensland cup team tonight. At times the broncos stooped to their level. Still lots of improvement left.

I agree with this post despite it's poor use of capitals for proper nouns. [icon_razz1

I think people are being a little harsh on Winterstein. You have to remember this is only his seventh game or something in first grade and he's coming up against a former representative player in Hayne with a fair bit of experience. Also, none of our players were offering him any protection when he went to diffuse the high ball which only makes things harder.

Hunt was just magnificent.

Lockyer brilliant.

Agree with Jeb about Kenny and Sims, they were top notch.

Michaels needs to get more involved if he wants to stay in the team, he doesn't do anything.

Kicking game also improved tonight, love that new pet play we have with Wallace grubbering through for Winterstein.

It wasn't the best performance in the world, still plenty of room left to improve, but it did the job and handed us another important two points.

michaels and winterstein have had massive issues with defusing bombs all season.......poor communication and they rarely jump and contest it. hopefully they sort it out soon

Another great performance up from Kenny and Clinton with honourable mentions to Sammy and Corey!

However it was topped off by our slick backline movements involving pretty much all of them at varying stages. Hunt and Lockyer were outstanding, Wallace playing a good hand and the outside backs finishing of as they should do. Much better performance across the 80mins too I think, was really only a period between the 45th and 55th minutes where we switched off momentarily.

At least we put them to the sword though!

You could tell Lockyer was up for a big one in the first set. A bullet pass right on the chest of Hodges (I think) - something that used to be a regular occurrence but has been missing this year.

I haven't seen him look that happy in a long time. Pleased to have the real Locky back icon_thumbs_u

gUt said:
I agree with this post despite it's poor use of capitals for proper nouns.

= it is :)

I was bound to make a mistake since i was highlighting someone else's. [icon_lol1.

The Rock said:
And a big huge LOLZ @ people whinging at Winterstein. Seriously, he sucks at catching bombs but he'll get there. He's just a kid and it's not like he's costing us tries every week for not being able to defuse bombs.

It's definately something he needs to work on but in those circumstances Hayne would of outlept most players if given the opportunity. The other guys around him needed to give him more support to make sure that Hayne couldn't get a decent shot at it.

As for the rest of the game, I thought we were pretty good for most of the match.

I still think Folau isnt getting enough of the ball be it through the hands or via a kick. Btw where has the kick to Folau gone?

We need to start a cult following on Wapau and everytime he gets the ball we start up the 'waaaaaaaaaaa' sound then when he gets tackled we finish it with a "POWWWWWWW".

yes good idea anthony

Best performance for the season (minus the 10-15 minutes before halftime) we really played good footy tonight. The forwards did the same as they have been doing week after week and the backs clicked because they got great service from there 1,6,7. Best game Hunt has ever probably had for us he was sensational.

Good performance but as some people have mentioned, plenty of improvement to come.
Hopefully we won't be hurt to badly from the rep season this year, injuries havn't hurt us very much as of yet.

Would love to see a banner with 'WA-POW' on it!
With the batman style bubble around it!

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.