Broncos V Eels, Post Game Discussion - ***SPOILER***

subsbligh said:
Hunt - starting fullback for Origin on the back of that performance... his best for the Broncos?

Locky of course played well - interesting comment made by Johns that he has to time his form now that he is older, as in, trying not to peak to early in the season

On Hunt's performance he HAS to be the Origin FB.

The only thing Slater & Bowen have on Hunt, given the way Hunt is hitting his straps, is speed.

As for Locky, once he finds his peak, he'll keep it. All the superstars do. Just work on that kicking game which is still, IMO, relatively poor i.e. too often straight down the throat of the opposition full back wing.

rnabokov said:
As for Locky, once he finds his peak, he'll keep it. All the superstars do. Just work on that kicking game which is still, IMO, relatively poor i.e. too often straight down the throat of the opposition full back wing.

Couldn't agree more. Friday night was still an improvement in that he made the fullback and wingers run a fair distance, but they were always able to take it on the full.

IMO Locky has to drill it harder and lower. You don't need hangtime when the chasers are 40 metres away.

Yeah, either drill it low and hard to try and split the defenders, or boot it as high and long as you can to give your chasers time to get there.

He's neither here nor there at the moment.

Make any excuse you like, his form was far below his best for a number of weeks. That's a slump in form.... :P

His kicking game still needs work as others have been discussing.

I think Lockyer is just trying to adapt to not being the number 1 play maker anymore and that is why his form is down. but in the end i think it will be ultimately better for the team once he gets it right.

Is there some kind of rule that states that Lockyer should never give us frights where it looks like his knee might be twisted? I seriously freaked out in that tackle where it looked like it was his knee that was twisted by lowrie. Talk about relief when it was only a hindmarsh clash. I was kissing our season goodbye for a few seconds there!!!!

I was sitting on my lounge hurling abuse at the commentators at that point cause I could see it was his head that was the problem. I must have said it a hundred times before they finally realised it wasn't his knee at all. God I hate channel 9.

Emma said:
I was sitting on my lounge hurling abuse at the commentators at that point cause I could see it was his head that was the problem. I must have said it a hundred times before they finally realised it wasn't his knee at all. God I hate channel 9.

Was it Dr Ikin by any chance?

No, it was Voss. I normally find him one of the least annoying but he was driving me nuts on Friday!

rnabokov said:
subsbligh said:
Hunt - starting fullback for Origin on the back of that performance... his best for the Broncos?

Locky of course played well - interesting comment made by Johns that he has to time his form now that he is older, as in, trying not to peak to early in the season

The only thing Slater & Bowen have on Hunt, given the way Hunt is hitting his straps, is speed.

1 good game all season doesnt mean he deserves the origin FB spot. Thats a joke. Slater has been consistent without being overly flashy this year, so right now, he deserves the spot. Hunt will get it tho, as the qld selectors show loyalty, but to say he should get it based on 1 performance is ludicrous.

QUEENSLANDER said:
rnabokov said:
subsbligh said:

1 good game all season doesnt mean he deserves the origin FB spot. Thats a joke. Slater has been consistent without being overly flashy this year, so right now, he deserves the spot. Hunt will get it tho, as the qld selectors show loyalty, but to say he should get it based on 1 performance is ludicrous.

He's had more than one good game this season though. Face it.

He's probably had 1.5 bad games tbh.

Why does he have really bad acne? Weird! Must be on some weird protein crap...

Or Roids. They make you break out.

yeah, only they're like, illegal and you get tested for them.

Yeah, you need good masking agents to beat the tests. And masking agents for the masking agents that they test for.

ningnangnong said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
rnabokov said:
subsbligh said:

He's had more than one good game this season though. Face it.

Indeed.

Hunt, like Locky, have made slow-ish starts to the season, but each in their own way are starting to hit their straps.

Hunt in particular, was for me, so impressive in this game - in fact, I don't think I've ever seen him step like that before in his superb effort to score THAT try.

I'll venture even further! As a sort of past critic of Hunt as FB (mainly to do with his speed, predictable step and predictable kick returning), he is starting to show skills I really haven't seen from him before.

As far as I am concerned, if he keeps it up, especially supporting the ball carrier, he IS the best full back going around, and up to now, I've always rated Slater above Hunt.

Not anymore.

mrslong said:
Round 1 he was outstanding!!

Who - Locky or Hunt?

Has anyone seen Hunt, do those steps before? Bloody lethal close to the line.

Active Now

• Behold
  • Hurrijo
  • bert_lifts
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Foordy
  • Emanon
  • Allo
  • Fitzy
  • heartly87
  • Broncorob
  • Brocko
  • Huge
  • Browny
  • Alec
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.