Broncos V Eels, Post Game Discussion - ***SPOILER***

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I thought it was an awesome performance from the broncos, although I do think the fact that parra bombed so many tries did help.

Locky back to red hot form, McCollough is now ready to start every game as far as I'm concerned, Micheals needs to be dropped, Glenn to Centres, Wopau to bench / backrow to do what glenn is currently doing. Wallace was good, kicking game finally back, was pretty good tonight I thought, esp the short kicking game, hunt was brilliant, folau got really invovled which was good to see and happy he got a try :)

Overall, winning 40-8, I certainly can't complain.

Michaels wasn't anywhere near as bad as Winterstein IMO. I have never seen Winterstein defuse a bomb. Ever. He got absolutely owned by Hayne.

Alec said:
Michaels wasn't anywhere near as bad as Winterstein IMO. I have never seen Winterstein defuse a bomb. Ever. He got absolutely owned by Hayne.
Winterstien IMO is a liability under the high ball, but his attack has been superb, micheals has done nothing in attack, and that's being generous, as he usually stuffs up the attacking play all together, his defense, well hasn't been tested much so not much to speak about there, but at the very least should provide more cover to his winger.

At this stage, I agree about moving Glenn to the centres, but instead of Winterstein partnering him, I'd shift Michaels to the wing. Wing is definitely his best position, and he wouldn't have to pass there.

Alec said:
At this stage, I agree about moving Glenn to the centres, but instead of Winterstein partnering him, I'd shift Michaels to the wing. Wing is definitely his best position, and he wouldn't have to pass there.
You certainly couldn't give winterstien the sack though, his attack is enough to keep him in the team. Micheals needs a stint in reserves to gain back confidence, he was awesome last year but has been dead average this year, I was expecting him to make origin last year, he's a far cry from last years form, he needs to gain back his confidence, and reserves is the place to do that.

I think teo is due next week, who gets the feeling he will go straight back in the team at the expense of wopau? I hope he plays reserves, a team that won 40-8 shouldn't be changed (i know i'm contradictig myself by saying micheals should go, but he has been poor for 7 weeks)

Some good tries tonight against a reserve grade quality side. I feel sorry for Hindmarsh and Cayless, I really do.

Micheals = gone. Kicking game was nice this game, lockyer and wallace well done. Hunt = champion as always, hes worth what he asks for (even tho i think he will stay at the broncs for lower, cause hes a champion and all, im one of the minority where i think he will still be captain one day ^.^). Winterstein was horrible under the kick tonight, was pretty bad, other than that stuff good game broncos. :))

I didn't watch post game, who got MOM, lockyer or hunt? had to be one of them.

I must admit Micheals looks out of place in that slick backline and Folau definitely needs to move to left centre, I know he doesn't prefer that side but it'll stop opposition sides from constantly targeting that left side with kicks, Izzy looked dangerous with every hit up tonite, imagine him at pace running off a Locky gem, it will boost the attack by 50 percent. I'd drop Micheals and bring up Yow Yeh again who is tall and has blistering pace, it's all very logical. If Henjak insists on playing 2 dummy halfs, then I'd get rid of Gorrell who simply is too slow and give PJ a go, he is a much better option, always has been. As for the forwards, Taylor has to be there, he provides that X factor off the bench, I don't care who he replaces, he just has to be in the squad. Good performance by the boys, I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10. The next month will be the real test though.

Brad said:
wtf, nrl.com just stated lockyer put in a man of the match performance :S or does the nrl website choose their own MOM?

Good performance tonight. Not outstanding, but there really isn't much to complain about.

Hunt and Locky were our best no doubt, but big mentions must go to Nick Kenny and Ashton Sims. Fantastic performance by the big units up front. Kenny is playing himself into a Queensland jersey for sure. Sims looks like he really benefitted from his time in the Q-Cup and seems very determined to get the job done. His intensity gives us that little bit extra that is needed. Clinton continues his good form as well.

Parra though, gee they are ordinary. A look back at the 2009 Australian Sporting Calendar will see Parra and the Queensland Reds as the biggest laugh for sure. I'll be very surprised to see Daniel Anderson last the year, whether he gets the boot or walks out on them.

If Hunt plays like this next week, I'd be extremely surprised if he isn't the Australian fullback come test match time.

Lockyer got MOM at the ground. Don't know who Nein gave it? I'm guessing Hunt.

Winterstein is a liability under the high ball, but at least he's not all round rubbish like Robinson. I'm sure they'll coach him to be better, otherwise the opposition will kick to him all night.

Was it just me or did one of the cheerleaders have a wardrobe malfunction after Hodges try?

Fozz said:
Winterstein is a liability under the high ball, but at least he's not all round rubbish like Robinson. I'm sure they'll coach him to be better, otherwise the opposition will kick to him all night.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for. Kemp was just as bad at this stage last year, and then he improved dramatically. I think it was when some AFL duder came to give them some pointers. They should get him to stop by again.

Fozz said:
Was it just me or did one of the cheerleaders have a wardrobe malfunction after Hodges try?

She did [icon_lol1. [eusa_clap.gi

As soon as it was seen on the big screen, all the boys looked straight down at the cheerleaders in the north western corner and the cheerleader in question was trying desperately to cover the goodies back up icon_thumbs_u

gUt said:
Some good tries tonight against a reserve grade quality side. I feel sorry for Hindmarsh and Cayless, I really do.

So do I.

As Flutterby said to me tonight, I would blame Hindmarsh if he just wallked off the field and got changed. You can only do the hard yards for so long. His team just does not back up his work rate or the heart he shows.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Emanon
  • Jedhead
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Stix
  • Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • Johnny92
  • barker
  • thenry
  • Robboi_321
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • kman
  • Fozz
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.