Broncos V Eels, Post Game Discussion - ***SPOILER***

rnabokov said:
mrslong said:
Round 1 he was outstanding!!

Who - Locky or Hunt?

Has anyone seen Hunt, do those steps before? Bloody lethal close to the line.

Agreed! It's like he's finally worked out when is the right time to use it. And that is not 1m before you hit the defensive line on a kick return...

Coxyz said:
rnabokov said:
mrslong said:

Who - Locky or Hunt?

Agreed! It's like he's finally worked out when is the right time to use it. And that is not 1m before you hit the defensive line on a kick return...

Is he signed yet?

He's a must in my opinion - really starting to tap into his awesome arsenal (sorry, Chelsea :mrgreen: ) of skills.

Don't you remember wayne bennett pointing the finger at henjak saying he has to make the team well drilled?
Henjak wouldn't dare not follow the orders, the broncos are well drilled.

They still need to be drilled to keep their defensive structure intact for the full 80 minutes.

Ditto for their commitment. No more letting the opposition exploit our slacking off.

They're not well drilled (ahhh, the old chestnut ;-))

rnabokov said:
mrslong said:

Who - Locky or Hunt?

Hunt. Didn't he throw the last pass for almost all our tries? He was in sensational touch, and it was the first time we saw how he wasn't doing his kamikaze runs.

He was also great against the Warriors & the Panthers. He had that one game v the Dragons where he had the food poisoning.

I can't believe people have such short memories.... for those of you that do http://bigpondvideo.com/nrl/113146

How has Hunt had a slow start to the season exactly?

He has scored 6 odd tries, had a hand in dozens of others, his ball playing game where he joins the line and either grubbers for the winger or throws the final pass has been pretty much flawless. Positional playing up back 10/10, so safe under the high ball.

He can't have gone much better. Some of you talk absolute shit.

mrslong said:
rnabokov said:
mrslong said:

Who - Locky or Hunt?

Hunt. Didn't he throw the last pass for almost all our tries? He was in sensational touch, and it was the first time we saw how he wasn't doing his kamikaze runs.

He was also great against the Warriors & the Panthers. He had that one game v the Dragons where he had the food poisoning.

I can't believe people have such short memories.... for those of you that do http://bigpondvideo.com/nrl/113146

I'm talking about his steps and swerves when he scored his try against the Panthers, leaving at least 2 close defenders grasping at thin air.

I haven't seen that kind of movement from Hunt before.

Agree rnabokov. Hunt's always had a step but he's never known how to use it and it's never produced tries like it did on Friday night. I want to see more of that.

I wasn't saying he did, but just saying he has not had a slow start to the season, and he's not winning the Aussie fullback position on one game alone.

He's added some interesting dynamics to his game that's for sure.

His first few games did show a lack of motivation in defence and positional play. His general attack has been OK.
He's lifted in the last 2 weeks to be in his best form which is great to see.

Coxyz said:
His first few games did show a lack of motivation in defence and positional play. His general attack has been OK.
He's lifted in the last 2 weeks to be in his best form which is great to see.

And a few more matches like v the Panthers and he MUST be the Maroons FB.

I like the look of McGuire. Would be hard for a young kid to step up into the front row but he has been putting in solid performances. 30mins, 22 tackles and 10 hit ups. I think this kid will have a big future ahead of him.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Xzei
  • Rowdy124
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.