Broncos v Titans build-up thread

We are no hope on Friday, regardless of Wallace and Hunt playing. Besides our defensive woes we have averaged only 13.6 points per game over the last 6 games. Not enough to win many games even with good D.

The one constant with Brisbane sides over the last few years is the more we lose the the more basic we get, eg dummy half running, 1 off rucks . Every team knows this and shortens their defensive line thereby getting more players in every tackle and slowing the play the ball which makes it even harder for the next ruck.
In the past we have had hard forwards who could bend the line and get a reasonable play the ball creating a platform to roll off our line and get to a kick, but we just don't have that ATM.

If we go into Friday night with these same tactics we will get beaten by 30 again.

The sad thing is the Broncos team on paper isn't as bad as it is performing all it would take is an atitude adjustment to play much better... In all honesty the players should have a decent game in them it just depends how long we have to wait to see it... I just can't understand the thought precesses of the coaching staff not changing things up at all after the massive amount of missed tackles certain players have had.

OK, I know the odds are really against us, but I'm still going to tip us in my tipping comp lol. I've never tipped against us...

Maybe by some divine miracle, Steve Michaels' woeful defence will turn orsm and then get AT LEAST 10 tries against the Titties.

Coxy said:
bigjim said:
I'm shocked. It's worst than I thought. Forget the players, I've never seen you supporters so lacking in confidence or fire. If I had come on here at the beginning of the season or last year and suggested that the Titans might win I would have been lambasted and ridiculed.
Your team might be down on troops and confidence but it's still a Queensland team and can beat anyone on any day, except next Friday night.

I think when you've seen 4 teams - 2 of them very ordinary teams - putting 40 through you within the space of about 6 or 7 weeks you start to lose any confidence in your team.

Conceding 46 and 44 against the Sharks and Rabbitohs respectively is absolutely disgraceful. Against Storm and Bulldogs you can accept it. Almost.

Almost accept it, but IMO not with the sort of commitment that we've shown. While the Bulldogs and Storm are class teams, it's the full capitulation that is so disheartening. Ditto especially against the Rabbitohs. We just clocked off when we knew that we couldn't win the match, and instead of trying to at least secure our line to improve for and against, we melted and let them score at will.

Titans 13+ this week, easily.

^^^ it is good to see Ben Hunt get another chance though

The article's been updated, Hunt is out now as well.

[icon_frown

Lol, i still can't believe Aaron Gorrell is going to start in the halves again.

We'll be lucky if they win by less than 20 IMO

Those are huge outs and it's impossible to adequately cover for all of them. I don't think we're a chance to win this but the team needs to stand up tomorrow night and show some spirit. The fan base is demoralised at the moment and although they aren't expecting a win they are expecting some fight.

So much pressure on Ben Hunt. He's still a rookie, and they are forcing him to play a top 3 side with absolutely no other playmakers in the side. It'll pretty much force him to try and not go missing during the entire 80 minutes, which I think is a HUUUUUUGE ask of him.

mock said:
Coxy said:
bigjim said:
I'm shocked. It's worst than I thought. Forget the players, I've never seen you supporters so lacking in confidence or fire. If I had come on here at the beginning of the season or last year and suggested that the Titans might win I would have been lambasted and ridiculed.
Your team might be down on troops and confidence but it's still a Queensland team and can beat anyone on any day, except next Friday night.

I think when you've seen 4 teams - 2 of them very ordinary teams - putting 40 through you within the space of about 6 or 7 weeks you start to lose any confidence in your team.

Conceding 46 and 44 against the Sharks and Rabbitohs respectively is absolutely disgraceful. Against Storm and Bulldogs you can accept it. Almost.

Almost accept it, but IMO not with the sort of commitment that we've shown. While the Bulldogs and Storm are class teams, it's the full capitulation that is so disheartening. Ditto especially against the Rabbitohs. We just clocked off when we knew that we couldn't win the match, and instead of trying to at least secure our line to improve for and against, we melted and let them score at will.

Titans 13+ this week, easily.

Exactly, even during the darkest periods of 1999 I still had the belief the players and the club were trying to turn it around, now it just seems when we get into any sort of struggle on comes the capitulation, I don't expect the Broncos to win every game and I can handle losing to thats to be expected, I don't however think its unreasonable to expect them to do better then what is currently being put out, the fan base needs to be shown they are doing their best at a time as steve says they are very demoralised.

Active Now

• Galah
  • BruiserMk1
  • Bish
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.