Broncos v Titans build-up thread

This game could be the one that turns our season around... We are expected to lose and I think we still will no matter how hard we try. If the players selected can put in a huge effort and play with a good attitude and compete with the Titans we could get the season back on track... Miracles can happen... I say look out Canberra next round...

I love all this negative talk. That's usually when the Broncos put on a fine performance. Like at the start of the season when a lot of people were expecting us not to make the 8, and we were 2nd after 12 rounds. A bit of a hurdle here, and nobody expects us to win...you never know. I'm optimistic.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the team responds to all the negative press they've been receiving

Yeah but they have been receiving the bad press for a while now and it hasn't made a difference.

Sorry I'm not as optimistic as many of you. I think the wheels have fallen off the team and most seem to be waiting for the season to end. Without the likes of Lockyer or Hunt creating something or Thaiday, Falou and Wallace in the side I hate to say it but another loss is fairly certain. I have a number of reasons for saying that:
1. Titans (best I can recall) haven’t lost at home this season
2. Titans always play well against the Broncos and apart from a couple of last minute brilliance by Lockyer we have been soundly beaten by them each game.
3. Passion/confidence we are lacking in both and no team will win without them.
4. Hunt was woeful in his last outing and I can't see his confidence improving in a team that is also lacking (see above). Some commentators are saying that there is more experience in the side then the last time he played, but with the exception of Hodges, all of our experience is sitting on the sidelines.

Titans by 40

Burg said:
Sorry I'm not as optimistic as many of you. I think the wheels have fallen off the team and most seem to be waiting for the season to end. Without the likes of Lockyer or Hunt creating something or Thaiday, Falou and Wallace in the side I hate to say it but another loss is fairly certain. I have a number of reasons for saying that:
2. Titans always play well against the Broncos and apart from a couple of last minute brilliance by Lockyer we have been soundly beaten by them each game.
4. Hunt was woeful in his last outing and I can't see his confidence improving in a team that is also lacking (see above). Some commentators are saying that there is more experience in the side then the last time he played, but with the exception of Hodges, all of our experience is sitting on the sidelines.

Titans by 40

I don't mean to nitpick, but the last time we played the Titans we beat them by 14 points, I know 6 of those were scored in the last minute, but that's hardly being soundly beaten by the Titans. Can't argue your other points though.

We may hang on at times, but the end result should be convincing to the Boobs.

With the way we're going though, all I ask for some is effort, purpose and desire for the entire 80. Whether we lose by 4 or 40. Just have a real dig boys.

The Rock said:
We won't get smashed this week. I'm confident of that.

Why? Because Titans can't score for shit. But that's really the only reason.

Now we're talking. A fan who doesn't care a toss about form or results. Good to see.
South Sydney sucks and they beat you by 32 points. I reckon we can beat you by at least 40.
What do you reckon?

LOL Hey BigJim! Fancy meeting you in a place like this!

GO THE MIGHTY TITANS! _woohoo_

bigjim said:
The Rock said:
We won't get smashed this week. I'm confident of that.

Why? Because Titans can't score for shit. But that's really the only reason.

Now we're talking. A fan who doesn't care a toss about form or results. Good to see.
South Sydney sucks and they beat you by 32 points. I reckon we can beat you by at least 40.
What do you reckon?

Enjoy the little victories while you can BJ.

Your reality is the Titans don't have the squad to win a GF, in a couple of years the good players that make your side will be gone and you will be in the same process we are in now trying to retain the up and comers and keep your big names.

No GF for the Tits for at least 10 years.

Dunno. I think they're set for a top 4 finish this season. Which is similar to the first 3 years of the Broncos. Looked certain to make the finals their first two seasons then the wheels fell off, before making the breakthrough in their third year to make the finals.

They'll be shown up in the finals this year, and could well have a bit of a lull next year, but my prediction is a premiership for the Titans in 2011.

Oh the Titans are on their way that is for sure - but they need to get there with the players they have now, some of them have finals experience and even GF experience.
Defeating a red hot dragons or dogs team in the semi though? hmmmm depending on how they are going but THAT would be tough. Personally, I think they have a better chance against the Dogs but then they would probably meet the Dragons in the GF anyway... so going to have to meet either of them sooner or later. I just don't think they would get decent dominance over the Dragon forwards. Funnier things have happened.

We do have a dark horse now - well three if you include Mnaly and Storm I guess, but the knights look like the smokey. Unfortunately that Brian Smith news might derail them but they were starting to look like bolters.

Oh and let's be serious - the Titans SHOULD beat us tonight, I'm HOPING we can graft a 14-10 ish sort of win but ... I have to admit, I think this is the least confident game the Broncos have of winning in ages? I can't remember the last time I actually thought the Broncos 'couldn't' win a game unless something drastic happened.

lockyer47 said:
I can't remember the last time I actually thought the Broncos 'couldn't' win a game unless something drastic happened.

I can, 2007 finals game against Melbourne Storm. Tho this comes real close.

lockyer47 said:
Oh the Titans are on their way that is for sure - but they need to get there with the players they have now, some of them have finals experience and even GF experience.
Defeating a red hot dragons or dogs team in the semi though? hmmmm depending on how they are going but THAT would be tough.

I don't think they'd make the Grand Final. Would not surprise me if they made the preliminary finals though.

I'm guessing they'll finish 4th (behind Dragons, Bulldogs and Storm). I expect Manly to finish 5th. I think Manly will humble them in their first finals appearance, even at Skilled.

I think they'll bounce back and win their 2nd week semi.

Then be beaten by either the Dragons or Dogs in the preliminary final.

The experience will be awesome for them though.

Burg said:

Titans by 40

IIRC Broncos 3 Titans 1 with total points differential of in favour of the Broncos.

My tip.
Titans by 1

^^^ Titans have beaten us twice.

so the head to head is 3-2 to us

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • RolledOates
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • Battler
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Galah
  • BruiserMk1
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.