Broncos Vrs Sharks; Build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Broncos had 2 monday night games in 2007 and from memory crowds were 30000+. I wasn't there, I played oztag :P

You liar. You were at the gym for one of them cos Oztag got called off due to rain [icon_razz1

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Jeba said:
Coxy said:
Broncos had 2 monday night games in 2007 and from memory crowds were 30000+. I wasn't there, I played oztag :P

You liar. You were at the gym for one of them cos Oztag got called off due to rain [icon_razz1

[icon_lol1. Correct...unfortunately that was because I had already given my ticket away for that game so couldn't go if I wanted to :P

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Did you get to watch it on the gym TV at least?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Nah, no foxtel at my gym. Just heard the end on radio on the way home :P

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
You missed Petero getting a standing ovation as he got sin binned. Great moment!!!

Playboy Bunny

Playboy Bunny

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
I gave you guys credit this week and tipped you...so you better win!

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I imagine this will be a sellout with two teams in amazing point scoring form.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
broncospwn said:
I imagine this will be a sellout with two teams in amazing point scoring form.

Um, neither team scored a point last week.

Ohhh, you've discovered sarcasm!

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Is it wrong to be so dismayed about what's happening with Brisbane atm that I don't even really care that much about the result?

I just wanna see people giving a shit...

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
The Rock said:
lol Surely we can't lose this game. SURELY. I mean, it's the SHARKS FFS. They have more injuries after Sunday's game too - We're going to have a near full strength team back - Seriously, I will be spewing if we can't beat the Sharks.

But surely we couldn't lose a few weeks ago, I mean SURELY it was SOUTHS FFS - the LOWEST OF THE LOW. Man, after that one, there is NO ONE who can't beat us.

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Renegade said:
Is it wrong to be so dismayed about what's happening with Brisbane atm that I don't even really care that much about the result?

It's not wrong at all, I completely agree with you. The last 7-8 weeks has made me question whether I should bother being someone who says, or even thinks, that I support the Broncos. I mean, doesn't the whole point of supporting a team involve cheering for a bunch of blokes that you know want to win, in large part because they've got lots of people who identify with them as a team and want them to have success? I guess I resolve the conflict by saying I support the Broncos jersey, emblem, whatever (then again even they are not what they were in the good times), or rather what all those things have come to mean to so many people either living in Brisbane or who used to and still identify with the team. That's different to saying I support anyone who wants to crap all over that jersey as a lot are doing right now, or that I support useless dimwits who currently run the place, which I don't.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Astroboy said:
Renegade said:

It's not wrong at all, I completely agree with you. The last 7-8 weeks has made me question whether I should bother being someone who says, or even thinks, that I support the Broncos. I mean, doesn't the whole point of supporting a team involve cheering for a bunch of blokes that you know want to win, in large part because they've got lots of people who identify with them as a team and want them to have success? I guess I resolve the conflict by saying I support the Broncos jersey, emblem, whatever (then again even they are not what they were in the good times), or rather what all those things have come to mean to so many people either living in Brisbane or who used to and still identify with the team. That's different to saying I support anyone who wants to crap all over that jersey as a lot are doing right now, or that I support useless dimwits who currently run the place, which I don't.

Understand your feelings but you don't just support a team because you expect them to win. All you can ask for is that your team gives it their best shot and doesn't give up when the going gets tough.

Unfortunately the broncos have been far too quick to give up lately. And worse, not care about the result.

Agree with renegade, i don't expect a win this week. That'd be a bonus. I'd be content with them showing courage and trying their guts out to protect their try line.

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Coxy said:
Astroboy said:
Renegade said:

Understand your feelings but you don't just support a team because you expect them to win. All you can ask for is that your team gives it their best shot and doesn't give up when the going gets tough.

Unfortunately the broncos have been far too quick to give up lately. And worse, not care about the result.

Agree with renegade, i don't expect a win this week. That'd be a bonus. I'd be content with them showing courage and trying their guts out to protect their try line.

I didn't say I expect them to win all the time, I said that cheering for a team involves an expectation that they will be trying to win, something that is not happening with this lot atm. So my post was really just agreement with Renegade, and expanding on that. Yes winning would be nice but as you say showing a bit of care factor (OK, make that A LOT of care factor) would be enough to gain some respect back from people like me.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Astroboy said:
Coxy said:
Astroboy said:
Renegade said:

I didn't say I expect them to win all the time, I said that cheering for a team involves an expectation that they will be trying to win, something that is not happening with this lot atm. So my post was really just agreement with Renegade, and expanding on that. Yes winning would be nice but as you say showing a bit of care factor (OK, make that A LOT of care factor) would be enough to gain some respect back from people like me.

Well Monday is great opportunity to let them know that Brisbane is still behind them, by getting a big crowd and showing that we care, and with any luck, this will spark them back into form, and I hope that there is some unfinished business after the toweling we got from the Sharks last time.

And if they still put out another serve of no enthusiasm, no effort and no desire then you and probably I will have an excuse to not go to anymore home games this year. Monday really is the last straw for 2009, and we need to try and get them over the line.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
As long as they play with heart and commitment even if they lose I won't be angry. If those give up 4 minutes into the game I will be mighty pissed.

B

bigjim

BRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
Michaels out, a good start.

Pride must be restored. Broncos will win well, by 18points or more.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
broncospwn said:
As long as they play with heart and commitment even if they lose I won't be angry. If those give up 4 minutes into the game I will be mighty pissed.

100% agreed - you can tell within 10 minutes what the team is thinking - [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Scorchie
  • Robboi_321
  • KickHaas
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • thenry
  • Jedhead
  • kman
  • bert_lifts
  • BroncosMan
  • Manofoneway
  • Big Del
  • broncotville
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • Strop
  • Totally Unr3al
  • winslow_wong
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.