Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
renouf said:
Anyone know why Gorrell was named at no.9 on the team announcement at bigpond?

Because your dreaming get ya hand off it.

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Watch the team announcement you clown

V

vinyl

U18 Player
Mar 30, 2008
TimB9670 said:
Actually on the subject of Special K he is not special but average. K is over-rated and will be for a long-time. His manager obviously has marketed him well and the Broncos need to drop him.

Justin Hodges a few years ago stood in as fullback and was very very good in the position. Henjak mentioned putting Hodges in this position and I reckon the Broncos go for it!

Hodges would be a brilliant fullback as it will give him more room to move in attack plus he's a great defender. Hodges as a leader in this club would also have more view of what's going on in the game which will allow him to give far greater direction to the team.

I'd bring Folau into the centres instead of giving it to an inexperienced player and put a fast agile player instead into the wing.

Good point. It was 2006 wasn't it? The year it looked like another post origin slump, yet Bennett sent them all off on a midweek holiday and made some crucial changes including hodges to fullback. I think I remember one game against the bulldogs where he had a blinder and we won 30-0? That turned our season completely around. Will admit though don't think it was as bad in 2006 as it is now :(

R

rod78

NYC Player
Jun 3, 2008
we should move hunt to the left centre and that would fix all problems on the left side defence

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
vinyl said:
TimB9670 said:
Actually on the subject of Special K he is not special but average. K is over-rated and will be for a long-time. His manager obviously has marketed him well and the Broncos need to drop him.

Justin Hodges a few years ago stood in as fullback and was very very good in the position. Henjak mentioned putting Hodges in this position and I reckon the Broncos go for it!

Hodges would be a brilliant fullback as it will give him more room to move in attack plus he's a great defender. Hodges as a leader in this club would also have more view of what's going on in the game which will allow him to give far greater direction to the team.

I'd bring Folau into the centres instead of giving it to an inexperienced player and put a fast agile player instead into the wing.

Good point. It was 2006 wasn't it? The year it looked like another post origin slump, yet Bennett sent them all off on a midweek holiday and made some crucial changes including hodges to fullback. I think I remember one game against the bulldogs where he had a blinder and we won 30-0? That turned our season completely around. Will admit though don't think it was as bad in 2006 as it is now :(

Bennett only made the change with Hodges to fullback because Hunt was out injured for 8 weeks. When Hunt returned, Hodges was playing far too well to change positions and had to play on the wing. Disappointed Hodges didn't stay at fullback for 2007 tbh.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Bennett actually put Boyd at fullback for 3 or 4 games before he decided to try Hodges there, and Hodges did play the first couple of games at fullback in 2007.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Jeba said:
Bennett actually put Boyd at fullback for 3 or 4 games before he decided to try Hodges there, and Hodges did play the first couple of games at fullback in 2007.

I was overseas at the time, but wasn't that because Hunt was tried at halffback?

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Mister Wright said:
Jeba said:

I was overseas at the time, but wasn't that because Hunt was tried at halffback?

Yeh, I think they realised that whilst Perry did a good job in 2006 he wasn't a long term solution, so they tried K at halfback and Hodges at fullback.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
So you super loyal fans that are going to the game on Monday night, are you going to boo Karmichael? If I was going I would find it difficult not to tbph.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Nah. Doubt I'll boo. I just won't cheer for him.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Coxy said:
Nah. Doubt I'll boo. I just won't cheer for him.
I know, i'd be torn.....because you still want him to play well.

I have a super important touch footy match so I won't even be heading to the pub to watch the game, which previously was my favourite monday night footy thing to do. :cry:

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
I want my team to win and K playing well will contribute to that so there is no way I will boo him. He still has my support 1000%.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I will be booing the Sharks..

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Jeba said:
I want my team to win and K playing well will contribute to that so there is no way I will boo him. He still has my support 1000%.
[eusa_eh you do know there's no such thing as 1000%?

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Like I said, he has my support 1000%.

R

rod78

NYC Player
Jun 3, 2008
QUEENSLANDER said:
is that a joke rod? surely
no its not a joke with the size of hunts head now it could fill any hole :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • Browny
  • Alec
  • phoenix
  • Wolfie
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Aldo
  • Manofoneway
  • lynx000
  • Galah
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • Johnny92
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Culhwch
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.