Broncos Vrs Sharks; Build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scumbag

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
Hey Civo, how many (if any) Rugby League games do you know of that have ended in a 1-0 scoreline?

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Silence said:
That would have been good. Get on the scoreboard somehow. icon_thumbs_u

Lockyer would have been roasted by the media If he'd done that though. It would have been like "Lockyer takes the one point, that sums up the Broncos desire to score tries.".

He would have been the scapegoat via the old cliche that "the captain sets the standard". The media would do that too.

Kaz would have reported the story.

Yeh but Kaz lives near him.

S

Scumbag

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
Darren Lockyer though. I must say I'm impressed.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Silence said:
Hey Civo, how many (if any) Rugby League games do you know of that have ended in a 1-0 scoreline?

Dunno, but in 1973 Newtown beat St George 1-0.

Canterbury and Newtown played out a 0-0 draw in 1982.

shaneomac

shaneomac

NYC Player
Apr 7, 2009
i was at kogarah oval a few years ago and it was 2-1 with 30 seconds to go.... and the 3 points were field goals lol...

but then gasnier scored i reckon he should of kicked it dead they had the win anyway and 2-1 would have been an awesome finish with 3 field goals.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
I remember that game, I was highly disappointed with the last minute try.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
shaneomac said:
i was at kogarah oval a few years ago and it was 2-1 with 30 seconds to go.... and the 3 points were field goals lol...

but then gasnier scored i reckon he should of kicked it dead they had the win anyway and 2-1 would have been an awesome finish with 3 field goals.

I bet the "under" that night ... [icon_lol1.

simmo77

simmo77

QCup Player
Aug 3, 2009
BroncoMatt said:
Coxy said:
Tee and I were wanting Locky to take a shot at field goal in the last minute against Canberra. 56-1, has a ring to it.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.
I was at at match between Brothers & Newtown in the local Toowoomba Comp back in '06 and with Brothers 110 - 0 Newtown slotted a field goal [icon_lol1. The scored ended up 116 - 1

I remember reading about 'Fatty" playing and captaining a side in one of the English comps and they were losing like 20-nil with a few minutes to go and they got a penalty in front and the coach wanted them to take the shot.
Apparently no side had finished with a Nil score in that particular comp but Fatty didn't know this and took the tap and they didn't end up scoring, finished with an 0. He was roasted by the coach for it.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Close the turnstile - Glenn to centre

Ghibli

Ghibli

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
Glenn also got ripped apart by Joel M on Saturday. I think centre is one of the hardest positions to defend in, and as much as Glenn is a great defender closer in, he'll find it hard out in the centres.

K

kelsey tisdale

U18 Player
Aug 16, 2008
Somebody said on ABC radio yesterday that this game would end in a nil all draw, only in the Bronco's dreams. Cronulla clocked up 42 points on us last time around while they won't score that many this time , they will score enough to win, Sharks by 12. Same CEO, same coach, same players, same result.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I jsut can't wait to see the team that is selected.. If there are minimal changes than a beating we will most likely get.

S

Scumbag

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
The Rock said:
lol Surely we can't lose this game. SURELY. I mean, it's the SHARKS FFS. They have more injuries after Sunday's game too - We're going to have a near full strength team back - Seriously, I will be spewing if we can't beat the Sharks.

On paper and factoring in recent results concerning Cronulla, you would think Brisbane should win. All teams fire up through the roof when they come to Suncrap though.

Brisbane find ways to lose, simple as that.

Cronulla by 16.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I'm going to tip the Sharks.

I really can't see us winning. [icon_non

S

Scumbag

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
Certainly not now that Steve Michaels has been dropped. :P

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
OFFICIAL TEAM:

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Alex Glenn
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer ©
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. Andrew McCullough
10. David Taylor
11. Tonie Carroll
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

Reserves:
14. Lagi Setu
15. Ben Te’o
16. Josh McGuire
17. Ashton Sims
18. Josh Hoffman

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx? ... y&id=18960

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Michaels finally dropped, but Yow Yeh coming in just weakens our right side defence even further instead of the left.... Hopefully the opposition keeps targeting our left though, and we'll see how Glenn goes. I was calling for him to be in the centres since the start of the season, good to finally see it.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Foordy said:
OFFICIAL TEAM:

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Alex Glenn
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer ©
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. Andrew McCullough
10. David Taylor
11. Tonie Carroll
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

Reserves:
14. Lagi Setu
15. Ben Te’o
16. Josh McGuire
17. Ashton Sims
18. Josh Hoffman

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx? ... y&id=18960

This is actually a good team. A team that can win. A team that should win. Let's just hope we do. [icon_pray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• whykickamoocow
  • Wolfie
  • mrslong
  • Mr Fourex
  • Rambstien
  • DMZ
  • Mister Wright
  • sooticus
  • Painin the Haas
  • Xzei
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • mystico
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.