10. Setu
11. T'eo
12. Sims
13. Parker
14. Hunt
15. Kenny
16. Anderson
17. Dodds

I can't see Henjak dropping Winterstien, it will be a shame if Kemp can't get a run.

Coxy said:
broncospwn said:
Why won't Hodges be there?
Wasn't the the last update a round 18 return, he could return one week early. It wouldn't surprise me to see him back this week tbh.

This will be a really tough game, especially if Farah is there but IF we play with enthusiasm and effort there is no reason why can't win even if Tigers are full strength.

He was interviewed at a Broncos game 3 weeks ago saying he was 6 weeks away.

Do the maths :P
eusa_think For some reason I was thinking he was going to return round 18, I might have read it somewhere.
If he's on track for rd 20 no way he'll come back this week but if he was on track for round 18 he might of came in a bit early especially as we won't have our origin trio for the game.

Ah well, can't wait till he comes back, it's going take him 3-4 games at least to get back to normal which is around the start of the finals and at current form I can't see us not making the finals, if not top 4.

-----------
To some posters above, it would be stupid to delay Hodges' return as soon as he is fit and ready he should be back playing, perhaps even one game in Qcup because it's going to take him at least a couple of games to find his feet again after having not played a game for around 9 months.

We don't want him getting used to things 2 games before the finals, we want him at his brilliant best coming into the final series.

Seriously if Hodges come backs fresh and firing close to top form again I can see us going very far into the finals, Hodges goes right centre and Folau left centre that immediately improves our attack immensley because teams will never know which way they have to defend, especially with Folau being so awesome lately.

I have a bad feeling about this game. Mainly because the Tigers will probably be at full strength. Tuqiri will probably be fired up also.

user_nat said:
I have a bad feeling about this game. Mainly because the Tigers will probably be at full strength. Tuqiri will probably be fired up also.

It's one of those things isn't it - it will really depend on which Broncos team turns up, if its the team who showed up against the Bunnies, we'll be in with a shot, but if its the team that played para and the pantsters we'll struggle - lets hope the prospect of a 4 point win will get the boys motivated

The Rock said:
nopatience101 said:
1. Hoffman
2. Winterstein
3. Gillett
4. Te'o
5. Yow Yeh
6. Norman
7. Wallace
8. Tronc
9. McCullough
10. Kenny
11. Sims
12. Setu
13. Parker (C)

14. Hunt
15. Anderson
16. Dodds
17. McGuire

This.

Why do people want to experiment with Winterstien? He's not going THAT bad.

Gillett is already in the centres and doing a damn fine job, leave him there. Teo has been in and out of the Centre's all year and every time he has played there he's done an amazing job. Let's put him back there.

What's the point of stuffing around with the backline? Just keep it simple, Teo and Gillett in the centres is very solid and powerful. Plenty of strike power and they are no strangers to that position.

IMO, the main reason people are experimenting with Winterstein in the centres is because he has been pretty average at times this year and the fact that he won't be with us next year and Kemp will is just giving people that extra reason to shift him.

Kan said:
rnabokov said:
Farah will play. NSW will stick with Ennis. Heighington should get picked for NSW.

Gillett in the centres: good defence and quality ball to Kemp.

Wallace/Norman to grubber for Kemp.

01. Hoffman
02. KempQ
03. Gillett
04. Beale
05. Yow Yeh
06. Norman
07. Wallace
08. Tronc
09. Hunt
10. Sims
11. Te'o
12. Setu
13. Parker

14. McCullough
15. McGuire
16. Kenny
17. Anderson if fit, Dodds if not

You just said in the other thread that you didn't think Gillett belonged in the centres and now you want to throw him back in there? I'd rather keep him in the second row and bring in a junior to play centre.

I did say that. I don't think that Gillett is a genuine centre, but he's versatile and effective enough to do that job while our top centers are unavailable.

I disagree with T'eo into the centers for the Tigers game. Their outside backs are very quick. Since Beale is out then Copley or, dare I say it, Winters.

I am against diluting the focus of our strengths. We need T'eo in the back row. His defense and speed (for a forward) is needed in the middle. Sims in the back row is a big mistake as far as I am concerned.

Wasnt it the tigers that the "Baby" Broncos beat during origin a couple of years ago?

I'do with this team
1. Hoffman
2. Yow Yeh
3. Gillet
4. Teo
5. Kemp
6. Norman
7. Wallce
8. Tronc
9. McCollough
10. Kenny
11. Setu
12. Sims
13. Parker (c)
14. Hunt
15. Anderson
16. Dodds
17. McGuire

Not a bad looking team IMO

there's talk of Farah (if he can overcome his ankle injury), Heighington and Lawrence being selected for NSW... lets hope they all make the team so we don't have to face them on Friday

coles dockets have 2 for 1 blue tickets purchased at hte gate

noisetheory said:
coles dockets have 2 for 1 blue tickets purchased at hte gate

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

I still reckon putting more or less our back row into the centres and props into the back row is not a good idea against the speed of the Tigers outside backs, and Farah creating space up the middle.

Farah is the main man, if he's out our chances will increase considerably. Whether he plays or not I would still have Te'o and Gillett as the centres, they are the best choice. We have the team to be beat them, it's all about which Broncos team turns up on the night.

I think we can win this one, there's no doubt, but I still remain cautiously optomistic :) Kemp for wing!

No Tigers player has been selected for NSW, so they will be at full strenght. Big test for our boys without the Origin reps...

Confirmed full strength team now....
Apparently Farah might have an injury so he might not play anyway, hopefully he doesn't.

This is a good thing in a way, it will mean the boys aren't complacent and will be going in to give it a very good effort. I still think we can win.

How are the tigers at full strength when they have Moltzen, Lui, Fulton, Cayless, Fifita and Tuiaki out injured?

Oh god, are you really going to argue that?
It's obvious what I was referring too...

Full strength in regards to no players being selected for origin.
We have Justin Hodges, Gerard Beale, Alex Glenn and Scott Anderson out so the injuries even themselves out anyway.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Hurrijo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky24
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • eggstar10
  • cento
  • Old Mate
  • The Don
  • Financeguy
  • Jedhead
  • theshed
  • Wolfie
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.