Broncos Vs Bulldogs Match Thread.

B

Broncos08

NYC Player
Apr 24, 2008
**** this team, and **** Henjack

No heart , no passion, and no respect to the fans.

**** em, they don't care about their own performance, why should the fans care about them?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
lyn said:
Big Pete said:
Deserves more than the near 300K he's allegedly on?
Lol thats a new one.

???

You are aware he received a significant long-term increase in 2008 right which is why the club had to let go of more players?

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Donny said:
Yer to all the people that said wallace isnt worth what we pay him, tonight showed he probally deserves more. His kicking game and his short passing game last week were awsome, great defence and always shows heart. As soon as he is fit then he is straight back into the side.

God i cant praise Teo enough, if everyone played with the heart and spirit he did then the broncos win that game for mine. Thought Tronc was good without being brillant but he just travelled 30 odd hours to get there so he will improve.
So all of a sudden Te'o has the most heart and spirit in the team? It's funny how some people can change their mind completely at the drop of a hat.

C

chazta

BRL Player
Feb 5, 2010
lyn said:
Donny said:
Yer to all the people that said wallace isnt worth what we pay him, tonight showed he probally deserves more. His kicking game and his short passing game last week were awsome, great defence and always shows heart. As soon as he is fit then he is straight back into the side.

God i cant praise Teo enough, if everyone played with the heart and spirit he did then the broncos win that game for mine. Thought Tronc was good without being brillant but he just travelled 30 odd hours to get there so he will improve.
So all of a sudden Te'o has the most heart and spirit in the team? It's funny how some people can change their mind completely at the drop of a hat.

i thought he showed a bit of that last game he played

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Big Pete said:
lyn said:
[quote="Big Pete":1wycjmrw]Deserves more than the near 300K he's allegedly on?
Lol thats a new one.

???

You are aware he received a significant long-term increase in 2008 right which is why the club had to let go of more players?[/quote:1wycjmrw]
Sorry mate. I just realised what you were referring too. I thought you were referring to Te'o. :)
Thats what happens when you don't quote I guess. :P

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Mr Wendell said:
So it time to change the culture again, this would have to start at the top with Henjack and filter it way down. Lets get people who want to be there, make a change and take it back to the glory days.

it starts with the personel who set the tone at the top end of the club.

I say again, the Broncos may have an opportunity to lure Craig Bellamy here depending on the fate of the Storm and Bellamy's own fate in terms of his innocence or otherwise in this cap scandal.

If the Broncos get this chance and fcuk it up again, :mad:

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Big Pete said:
Deserves more than the near 300K he's allegedly on?

Well i dont know how much he is on but im telling you, on that preformance from Hunt i would rather have Wallace out there even if he was playing on one leg. Wallace defence is outstanding and his kick chase is the best in the game.

Im so pissed of right now i dont know what to say, im just so disapointed with the way the Broncos played tonight, sure enough them 4 penalty's were shocking calls but we should of kept them out. I think we are in for a long season.

Serious questions need to be asked when we have players like Sims playing in Q cup. Im a big fan of Folau but i just think he doesnt give a **** or thats what it looks like. If he is going to look like that every game then i hope he leaves tommorow. Show some fucking heart and pick your act up.

I cant believe how many injuries we have had. Can anyone remeber a team with a injury "curse" like ours in 2010??

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
lyn said:
Big Pete said:
lyn said:
[quote="Big Pete":26sks1kr]Deserves more than the near 300K he's allegedly on?
Lol thats a new one.

???

You are aware he received a significant long-term increase in 2008 right which is why the club had to let go of more players?
Sorry mate. I just realised what you were referring too. I thought you were referring to Te'o. :)
Thats what happens when you don't quote I guess. :P[/quote:26sks1kr]

My mistake!

Te'o is on good money...but at least he's being used in first grade. The same cannot be said about Sims nor Michaels.

M

Mr Wendell

Jul 17, 2009
So Henjack adds nothing as coach rest on Bennetts lorals. The only thing he has installed in the club is a lack of defense and a lack of confidence. Time to go Henjack.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Mr Wendell said:
So Henjack adds nothing as coach rest on Bennetts lorals. The only thing he has installed in the club is a lack of defense and a lack of confidence. Time to go Henjack.

Bennett was not a master of defence either thats why Robinson/Bott stayed in the team.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
lyn said:
Donny said:

Lol check any post i have posted, i havent had a bad word to say about Teo. He always plays well. Havent seen him play bad at all. icon_thumbs_u

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
draggx said:
Donny said:

Hunt and Wallace are 2 very different players and imo tonight we tried to make Hunt play a Wallace style game. Same with Hoffman we keep expecting him to do what Hunt does and it will not work. When Walters was in we did not try to make him play like Lewis and We did not try to make Locky play like Walters and by letting naturally gifted players play their natural game we got victories.

For those 2 young blokes to really shine we need to allow them to play their game and learn to gel that in with the rest of the team. Bennett is gone yet we have changed nothing with our plays its easy to defend against something that is done every game since 2006.

*edit*

What is ”their game“ And how are we stopping them from playing it?

You're right about your coaching point. As I said, I am now really beginning to have my doubts about Henjak.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Donny said:
lyn said:
Donny said:

Lol check any post i have posted, i havent had a bad word to say about Teo. He always plays well. Havent seen him play bad at all. icon_thumbs_u
Thats good then. icon_thumbs_u

It's just that Te'o copped so much last year for showing 'no heart' and I felt like I was the only Broncos supporter who liked him haha. [icon_razz1

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
rnabokov said:
draggx said:
Donny said:

Hunt and Wallace are 2 very different players and imo tonight we tried to make Hunt play a Wallace style game. Same with Hoffman we keep expecting him to do what Hunt does and it will not work. When Walters was in we did not try to make him play like Lewis and We did not try to make Locky play like Walters and by letting naturally gifted players play their natural game we got victories.

For those 2 young blokes to really shine we need to allow them to play their game and learn to gel that in with the rest of the team. Bennett is gone yet we have changed nothing with our plays its easy to defend against something that is done every game since 2006.

*edit*

What is ”their game“ And how are we stopping them from playing it?

You're right about your coaching point. As I said, I am now really beginning to have my doubts about Henjak.

You would have to have seen some Qcup/U20's to see what these guys can actually do mate, But every naturally gifted player has his own style and when you try to force them to play someone else's way it fails. Slater/Inglis/Smith would all be nobody's if Belly told them how to play.

Imo Henjak may be over coaching our club. As Webby said on the Matty Johns show, Benny did not have a complicated plan but more allowed his plays to play to their style and it works when you have so many talented players.

G

Gingerballs

BRL Player
Feb 20, 2010
rnabokov said:
Gingerballs said:
rnabokov said:
E Hoffman has no idea how to position himself in attack. He should take a lesson from Patten.
F We need Kemp at the back.
As usual you pick out the least pertinent issue to hark on.

I don't hark, I comment. You harp. Be constructive or bugger off.

Patten was always dangerous. Hoffman was invisible. Fullback is a key role, not “least pertinent. Child.
Woh. Ease up tiger. I say you hark, because you are dreadfully repetitive once you get an idea in your head and dismissive of criticism of your theories (for example, Kemp shouldn't be fullback, because he cannot pass!).

Patten was always dangerous because he's a seasoned vetaran; a consistent performer and probably in the top 3 fullbacks in the NRL, playing for a team that creates a lot more chances than we do.

And obviously fullback is a key role, but when you've got the worst defence in the league and you've just conceded 36 points, our fullback's inability to work off a set of halves who played awfully themselves is anything but pertinent.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Mr Wendell said:
when you listen to Bruno Cullen speak do you ever get the impression that he is remotely interested in ensuring the Broncos have the best possible chance of success on the field ?

I sure as hell don't

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
draggx said:
You would have to have seen some Qcup/U20's to see what these guys can actually do mate, But every naturally gifted player has his own style and when you try to force them to play someone else's way it fails. Slater/Inglis/Smith would all be nobody's if Belly told them how to play.

Imo Henjak may be over coaching our club. As Webby said on the Matty Johns show, Benny did not have a complicated plan but more allowed his plays to play to their style and it works when you have so many talented players.

I think we're clearly lacking in structure. No one seems to know what they're meant to be doing.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Bull_Shark said:
[quote="Mr Wendell":3igjmszi]So Henjack adds nothing as coach rest on Bennetts lorals. The only thing he has installed in the club is a lack of defense and a lack of confidence. Time to go Henjack.
when you listen to Bruno Cullen speak do you ever get the impression that he is remotely interested in ensuring the Broncos have the best possible chance of success on the field ?

I sure as hell don't[/quote:3igjmszi]

Really you think a CEO does not care if his club performs bad and starts losing money?

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Stix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  • LittleDavey
  • Spooky1013
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.