Broncos Vs Bulldogs Match Thread.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
TWU_1 said:
Can anybody see the sense in have Lui as a starting prop? Yes he played well on debut, but to thrust him right into the starting side for his second game is a bit quick. His stats tonight were appauling making 31m from 4 runs. I know he is a good prospect and i see him as a impact player off the bench but Ivan has better choices for starting prop such as Sims.

Ivan needs to explain why Sims has been banished. Im sick of hearing "havent you watched Q Cup, he is playing crap". I dont give a dam about his form in Q Cup all i care about is how he plays in the Broncos Jersey, and he plays dam good in a broncos jersey.

T

TWU_1

BRL Player
Oct 14, 2009
Hunt went MIA for much of the second half.. also who was playing 7 when Hunt went to hooker for a bit?

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
TWU_1 said:
Hunt went MIA for much of the second half.. also who was playing 7 when Hunt went to hooker for a bit?

I dont think anyone knew who was playing where that second half, all over the place

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Donny said:
TWU_1 said:

I dont think anyone knew who was playing where that second half, all over the place

And that's something Henjak is responsible for in large part week after week. Seems to me like he's ok with an experienced squad but just can't seem to coach basics to a younger side.

And Sims must be in the starting 17 or at least they can come clean about their set against him.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Donny said:
TWU_1 said:
Can anybody see the sense in have Lui as a starting prop? Yes he played well on debut, but to thrust him right into the starting side for his second game is a bit quick. His stats tonight were appauling making 31m from 4 runs. I know he is a good prospect and i see him as a impact player off the bench but Ivan has better choices for starting prop such as Sims.

Ivan needs to explain why Sims has been banished. Im sick of hearing "havent you watched Q Cup, he is playing crap". I dont give a dam about his form in Q Cup all i care about is how he plays in the Broncos Jersey, and he plays dam good in a broncos jersey.
Yet people will probably still back up Lui and say he should keep his spot but unless Sims pulls of amazing MOTM performances it's ok for him to be dropped.
Sims NEEDS to be in our first grade squad we need his experience and he is a quality player regardless of his Q cup form.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Err, did anyone see any creative kick-chase plays tonight?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
AP I agree with you.
Locky's age is getting to him fast, I was jumped when I said it a few weeks ago but he is no longer the player he once was, I'm really not keen on him playing next year as well. Him taking up rep was also very disappointing.

If there is ANY chance we can sign Cronk we should jump at the chance however seeing as Lockyer is contracted till next year I doubt they will even consider it.

For that matter if we can Slater, Smith, Inglis or Cronk we should go all guns blazing to get them, Especially Smith and as much as it pains me Slater.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
broncospwn said:
AP I agree with you.
Locky's age is getting to him fast, I was jumped when I said it a few weeks ago but he is no longer the player he once was, I'm really not keen on him playing next year as well. Him taking up rep was also very disappointing.

If there is ANY chance we can sign Cronk we should jump at the chance however seeing as Lockyer is contracted till next year I doubt they will even consider it.

For that matter if we can Slater, Smith, Inglis or Cronk we should go all guns blazing to get them, Especially Smith and as much as it pains me Slater.

1. Who says we have money?
2. Who says those players are going to need to leave the club?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
No offloads? The players were offloading all the time, or at least dribbling it. It was silly, and really some of those players should of just died for the ball and gone for a quick play the ball.

I felt the team should've played for territory more and should've relied on a long distance kicking game in order to turn the Bulldogs around and smash them into the ground, taking advantage of whatever opportunity came their way. Unfortunately, the game plan was far too adventurous and the boys ultimately lost the game after the Bulldogs rode a wave of momentum and weren't afraid to chance their hand.

For next week, I'd like to see this side...

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Alex Glenn
4. Israel Folau
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Ben Hunt
8. Shane Tronc
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Mitchell Dodds
11. Ben Te'o
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Lagi Setu
15. Ashton Sims
16. Josh McGuire
17. Scott Anderson

Geez...I miss having Hodges, Wallace and Gillett available.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Nashy said:
broncospwn said:
AP I agree with you.

1. Brian Waldron

2. The police

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Nashy said:
broncospwn said:
AP I agree with you.

Cullen said we have enough space to sign Civo and Hannant, both wouldn't be cheap so obviously we must have a fair bit of cash.

Our side is shit our depth is shit, surely we can't be using all 4.1 million if we are way too many players are getting massive overs.

Well they have to shed 700k of talent.
For each player the remove they need to replace with a minimum wage player for 55k.
If they removed players on 100k they would have to remove 20 of them which is virtually the whole top squad so they have to shed players on 200k+ salaries to really get under the cap for next year.
they would need to get rid of 5 players on 200k salaries, or around 3 on 300k salaries.

In other words they will have to let go of some star players, Tolman is one who is not on much but won't stay unless he gets an upgrade which he won't get so that's one already and he wouldn't free up much at all they still have around 650k to go after that.

It's a complicated issue they can't force players to leave but they wont get any points next year if they're not under the cap.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Does anyone actually know what the go is with Sims??? Does Ivan hate him, he must do or he is just blind and cant see that Sims need's to be in our team. Id go as far as to say that Sims would be in any NRL side and that includes the Storm with their 700K over the cap.

Lol, People have been saying that Lockyer is getting to old for the past three years. He couldnt do anything wrong last week. What a difference a week and a decent half back make. The problem is this, For the last seven rounds we have not had the same backline once. Same can be said for the fowards. If we had our full team with no injuries i think it would be a different story.

We just need to be able to shake these imjuries because they are killing us.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Big Pete said:
No offloads? The players were offloading all the time, or at least dribbling it. It was silly, and really some of those players should of just died for the ball and gone for a quick play the ball.

Quick play the ball? What's that?

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
So not only are people on this forum assuming players knew, but they are assuming the players involved (not you above), and now we are into assuming we know how much certain players are earning.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Big Pete said:
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Alex Glenn
4. Israel Folau
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Ben Hunt
8. Shane Tronc
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Mitchell Dodds
11. Ben Te'o
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Lagi Setu
15. Ashton Sims
16. Josh McGuire
17. Scott Anderson

Geez...I miss having Hodges, Wallace and Gillett available.
Seriously that team is the team we should have next week. Why can't Ivan see this?? FFS!
First move get rid of Beale, secondly bring back Sims and keep him in the squad third stop messing around with the team formation while the game is on, what ever team runs out should keep that formation for 80 minutes.

Te'o started great in centres than 30 minutes later he gets changed to backrow with Glenn swapping, why???? Pick a team and stick to it for god sake.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Y'know, if he's shown any improvement at all, I wouldn't mind Michaels in the centres just so Glenn could come off the bench and weave his magic around the ruck like he did against the Cowboys and Dragons.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Nashy said:
So not only are people on this forum assuming players knew, but they are assuming the players involved (not you above), and now we are into assuming we know how much certain players are earning.
It's not rocket science in general superstars get paid superstar wages, duds get paid dud wages, it's the whole point of the cap. Our highest paid players at the club are our best ones the same goes with any other club. No one knows exact figures obviously.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Manofoneway
  • Cavalo
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Morkel
  • Lostboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Waynesaurus
  • RodF
  • bazza
  • Galco
  • Scorchie
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Allo
  • Xzei
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.