Broncos Vs Bulldogs Match Thread.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
user_nat said:
Folau has been good whenever he rarely gets the ball.

A. He should go looking for it

B. Our playmakers really don't have a clue how to use Folau

C. Henjak is starting to worry me now

D. Kimmorley and Ennis tore us apart - that's the sort of playmaking we need.

E Hoffman has no idea how to position himself in attack. He should take a lesson from Patten.

F We need Kemp at the back.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Oh and great hospital pass Ben Hunt to Teo, what the **** were you trying to do, get out best player put in hospital

J

Jip

NYC Player
Jul 14, 2008
Really showed how much we're missing Wallace tonight. Thought Hunt was very quiet but he had a lot of pressure on him. Could've done with Kenny too, just to back up Tronc, Lui and Dodd (the latter were quiet). Thought Sammy was the best player for the Broncos, and gave 110% as always. Just lacking some heart towards the end, but some players really put in. Disappointed on the whole, but didn't really expect a win.

T

TLCC

BRL Player
Mar 12, 2008
Would also be great to get through a game without a serious injury FFS! Very hard for the team to learn to play together when its different every week!

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
If Craig Bellamy comes out of this Storm saga "clean", GET HIM UP HERE FAST !

M

Mr Wendell

Jul 17, 2009
What is it with the guys there playing with no heart, In years gone by people would give their right nut to become a bronco playr. These guys seem like they don't care, YOUR WEARING A BRONCO JERSEY, play with pride and heart. Put in the effort.
Did we even have a half back out there tonight? Stand up boy ALF once wore that jesrey now you are play with some ticker some passion. FFS
Teams used to fear the broncos now I think they are happy to play them for the 2 easy comp points.
Maybe at the end of the season its time to clean out the closet get ride of the excess baggage coach included.

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
We're just an unenthusiastic rabble at the moment.

Those two 'taken out' calls at the start of the first half were disgraceful as was the try off the obstruction. Idris offloaded the ball to a bloke who then ran back in behind him where he was effectively shielded from the defence by Idris. He was then able to get the pass out and they scored off the kick. Terrible call.

But it didn't cost us, our defence was shocking in the second half and as soon as there was any pressure applied we crumbled.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The real difference for me were the fullbacks.

Hoffman did his job but nothing more. Patten supported his halves and it paid dividends.

G

Gingerballs

BRL Player
Feb 20, 2010
rnabokov said:
E Hoffman has no idea how to position himself in attack. He should take a lesson from Patten.
As usual you pick out the least pertinent issue to hark on.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Yer to all the people that said wallace isnt worth what we pay him, tonight showed he probally deserves more. His kicking game and his short passing game last week were awsome, great defence and always shows heart. As soon as he is fit then he is straight back into the side.

God i cant praise Teo enough, if everyone played with the heart and spirit he did then the broncos win that game for mine. Thought Tronc was good without being brillant but he just travelled 30 odd hours to get there so he will improve.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
I am so full of rage right now. I can't believe how dissapointing Hunt and Hoffman. So what were the serious injuries?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Deserves more than the near 300K he's allegedly on?

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Mr Wendell said:
What is it with the guys there playing with no heart, In years gone by people would give their right nut to become a bronco playr. These guys seem like they don't care, YOUR WEARING A BRONCO JERSEY, play with pride and heart. Put in the effort.
Did we even have a half back out there tonight? Stand up boy ALF once wore that jesrey now you are play with some ticker some passion. FFS
Teams used to fear the broncos now I think they are happy to play them for the 2 easy comp points.
Maybe at the end of the season its time to clean out the closet get ride of the excess baggage coach included.

Because up until 2009 the Broncos had a coach / leader who was respected, revered. Now they don't and as a result the culture of the joint has just diminished.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
I don't even think trading Folau is the answer because he's not Robinson Carusoe when it comes to lack of effort. The problems run deep at the Broncos and what we're seeing on the field is simply a reflection of that.

M

Mr Wendell

Jul 17, 2009
So it time to change the culture again, this would have to start at the top with Henjack and filter it way down. Lets get people who want to be there, make a change and take it back to the glory days.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Gingerballs said:
rnabokov said:
As usual you pick out the least pertinent issue to hark on.

I don't hark, I comment. You harp. Be constructive or bugger off.

Patten was always dangerous. Hoffman was invisible. Fullback is a key role, not “least pertinent. Child.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Donny said:
Yer to all the people that said wallace isnt worth what we pay him, tonight showed he probally deserves more. His kicking game and his short passing game last week were awsome, great defence and always shows heart. As soon as he is fit then he is straight back into the side.

God i cant praise Teo enough, if everyone played with the heart and spirit he did then the broncos win that game for mine. Thought Tronc was good without being brillant but he just travelled 30 odd hours to get there so he will improve.

Hunt and Wallace are 2 very different players and imo tonight we tried to make Hunt play a Wallace style game. Same with Hoffman we keep expecting him to do what Hunt does and it will not work. When Walters was in we did not try to make him play like Lewis and We did not try to make Locky play like Walters and by letting naturally gifted players play their natural game we got victories.

For those 2 young blokes to really shine we need to allow them to play their game and learn to gel that in with the rest of the team. Bennett is gone yet we have changed nothing with our plays its easy to defend against something that is done every game since 2006.

*edit*

Active Now

• Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.