Broncos vs Bunnies - Build up thread

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
With the right attitude we will have no problem beating them, especially if Folau plays for us.

A win next week would put us on 16 points and a likely top 4 spot.
You need around 26-28 points to make the finals, we still have one more bye left which means we would have a garaunteed 18 points if we win next week.

13 rounds to go, 12 playable, possible 24 points, we would need 5 wins to secure a top 8 spot.

In short if we win next week we will only need to win 5 out of the last 12 games to get a finals spot, very very doable and it also puts us in good position to get a top 4 spot because as it stands we are only 4 points from second place and 2 points from top 4.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
The main danger for us in this game will be Isaac Luke.

He has an incredible talent for breaking tackles and making good yards from dummy-half.

We need to really work on our marker D this week

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
If we can contain Luke, I will be ecstatic! He's in top form and we always concede easy metres from dummy half so it will be a tough job.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Wallace needs to be MOM for us to win IMO. We have the pack to take the win any if Folau plays the strike power just need our halves to stand up.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Yep, Wallace needs to step it up. I like him, but I don't like it how he goes quiet in some games.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Gillett to start in Thaidays place and Norman in Lockys.

Norman MOTM

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
tkday said:
Yep, Wallace needs to step it up. I like him, but I don't like it how he goes quiet in some games.

IMO Wallace touches the ball when he needs too!! Short kicking game is great and it was only his thrid game back from injury. The way i look at it is this, if Lockyer is in the form he is in atm then why would you want Wallace with the ball in attack? Give it to Lockyer.

Walace by far can tackle and does make tough tackles more then any other number 7 in the game. Wallce will show his class this weekend. Anyone thinking that Norman might be on the bench with Hunt at 6 and wallace at 7?

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
When he doesn't play you can see Broncos game fall apart, I don't doubt that. But he still needs to step it up if we are going to make finals.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I think Wallace's value is best noticed when he's not there. He does a lot of unnoticed things and steers the forwards really well. He's a complement to Locky, not an obstacle!

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
tkday said:
When he doesn't play you can see Broncos game fall apart, I don't doubt that. But he still needs to step it up if we are going to make finals.

Yer i agree, he isnt playing his best footy atm but like i said only his third game back from injury. Im 100% sure he will step it up this weekend being the number 1 play maker. I like Wallace, he shows a lot of heart!!!!

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
I don't think anyone here is saying he is an obstacle, but he's still got room to improve and we will need him to be at his best to make finals and win.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
He's a very tough player as well, he takes some big hits.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I just want Wallace to take the game by the scruff of the neck this weekend. He needs to lead the team more than ever when Lockyer is not playing.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'm a massive Wallace fan, the guy is so important to us even though he doesn't stand out like others do.
I think Hunt should stick to the bench for dummy half rotation and Norman should go in the 6 jersey with Gillett starting in Thaidays position and Sims dropping off for Kenny if he's ready.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Alec
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • broncos4life
  • Ondi
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • The Don
  • Fozz
  • davidp
  • Harry Sack
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.