Broncos vs Bunnies - Build up thread

So IF Kenny doesn't play, how many weeks in a row will it be that he has been named in the side, only to not make it.

Someone mentioned earlier, and I certainly agree, our side is one of the stronger sides that we have ever put up at origin time, good on our kiddies, they've dug in.

I'm not surprised the bunnies are fighting the charge, I think they rate themselves and probably rate us too, considered our recent purple patch (*knocks on wood*) they would take a lot out of beating us at home on a dry track confidence wise.

Conversely, big game for our boys as all of sudden we become a smokey this year if we can beat another top flight side

Tell you what though, it would be nice if Luke was ruled out, though maybe they'll thank him for finally shutting thurston up!

Watch the headlines Monday morning if we Win i can see it all ready "Broncos beat understrenght Rabbits".

What a load of crap, IMO we have more talent missing then they will

Donny said:
Watch the headlines Monday morning if we Win i can see it all ready "Broncos beat understrenght Rabbits".

Though I'm happy as hell Taylor won't be there - geez

ddd said:
Donny said:

Taylor, Burgess and if he is suspended Luke are all very good.

But give me Lockyer, Thaiday and Folau any day. Not to mention Hodges is still injured.

Donny said:
ddd said:
Donny said:

Taylor, Burgess and if he is suspended Luke are all very good.

But give me Lockyer, Thaiday and Folau any day. Not to mention Hodges is still injured.

Most certainly, I'm not saying we're not hamstrung by our losses, but considering where we have come from at the start of the year, the boys would have:
a) serious self belief
b) a real desire to show that they can win without Lockyer

And they can focus on that because they won't be spending all game trying to figure out how to limit Taylor

nopatience101 said:
With the way Kenny is travelling McGuire could still end up in the 17.
McGuire was withdrawn because he was charged with a grade 1 dangerous throw in QC, and with early plea still cant play. I guess that puts question marks on Kenny's inclusion, they obviously didn't think he was ready before they found out McGuire had been charged so i wouldn't be surprised to see someone else play on the day.

i think the fact that we're running into a fairly red hot souths team, at home, is probably the best thing for the teams attitude to this game. if they came up against a team going not so well, after four wins in a row, they might get a bit complacent, even with the knowledge that the three star players are out. having to face souths they will be really up for it.

Abe The Cop said:
Hows Hala been going?
He's out for the whole season due to a knee ACL injury during the pre-season.

audragon said:
Abe The Cop said:
Hows Hala been going?
He's out for the whole season due to a knee ACL injury during the pre-season.

your thinking of Ahern. Hala is on the bench for the Dolphins

Interesting: The bookies have us as favoutites ($1.80 to Souths' $2.00).

Might change depending on Luke outcome.

Can't confirm but I have heard on talking sport Eddy Pettybourne may be in doubt for the match with an injury to his jaw I think.

Also whats being said on the leagueunlimited forums Stuart and Asotasi could be missing too.

I've read on another forum (no source) that the Bunnies are set to miss pretty much their whole pack bar Lowe...

Asotasi, Stuart, Pettybourne, Crocker to injury.
Taylor and Burgess to rep duty.
Luke to suspension.

I don't know whether they have any depth in their Fwd ranks, but if the above is true, we could possibly steam roll them and get those 48 points. eusa_think

Wow, that would be pretty lucky for us if true.

Fozz said:
Wow, that would be pretty lucky for us if true.
Would be nice for a change during Origin time... [icon_pray.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • Dazza 92
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • LittleDavey
  • Browny
  • Bucking Beads
  • The Don
  • Kev_Guz
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • kman
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.