Broncos Vs. Cowboys - Build Up Thread

Like everyone else, I'm very surprised about the lack of Sims. It's a solid starting side but that is a very inexperienced bench. Anyone know much about Dodds?

I do like the fact Beale is getting a run too - I've liked what I've seen from him in the NYC

I'm pretty chuffed at the side. Like has been said, maybe a few changes to the personel on the bench, but overall i don't think anyone can be too upset.

Coxy said:
#1 Kemp fan said:
Also both Setu and Sims are our enforcers in defence I fear if the cowboys get on top with there forwards there is no way back with that bench. Our backs are awesome but they need some help.

Get used to it. On paper our forwards are going to look inferior to most opposition this season. That's the challenge for our young pack. They have to try and match it. If they can our backline is pretty much the most exciting in the comp and has heaps of points in them.

Thats all well and good but I don't think the team selected is our best team we can offer. Surely Sims and Setu should be on the bench I think it is an outrage!! [icon_drun

Why do people assume that form shown at the back end of last season means they should be starting on Friday? A lot of time has passed since then.

The bench is inexperienced yes but its not like its a nail in the coffin. If Henjak makes the right subs, keeps our pack fresh while we still have the hard hitting of Thaiday and Te'o, with the no nonsense go-forward of Kenny, we can run the cowboys ragged.

Coxy said:
ethos said:
The bench is a little too inexperienced IMO.

Sims should be there instead of Dodds, plus Sims' first five games of the season are generally his best of the year.

Tend to agree with that.

Shapes for an interesting game on Friday night though. Three guys making their debut - exciting times. And someone mentioned it in another thread but I could definitey see Glenn starting in the centres.

Scotty said:
Why do people assume that form shown at the back end of last season means they should be starting on Friday? A lot of time has passed since then.

The bench is inexperienced yes but its not like its a nail in the coffin. If Henjak makes the right subs, keeps our pack fresh while we still have the hard hitting of Thaiday and Te'o, with the no nonsense go-forward of Kenny, we can run the cowboys ragged.

QFT

And it's just a good rev up to Sims and Setu that they have young blokes snapping at their heels so they better put their best efforts in.

Competition for spots is healthy.

jedda said:
and so starts the rebuilding

With the turnover of players we've had, I'd say we've been rebuilding since 07. It's nothing new.

Scotty said:

Why do people assume playing well in a trial against a QLD cup side or an under 20's team will reflect how well someone can play first grade??? Sims was our best forward at the end of last season no way in hell he should be not in the starting team let alone not in the top 17!! [icon_thumbs_do

Far out, we've been rebuilding since 1999!!! LOL

I am actually disappointed Setu isn't playing. I was hoping he could be sent out to take out Thurston in the first few minutes. Then we'd have a good test case for the "send offs counting towards suspension" rule change that the judiciary has applied this year :P

Scotty said:
jedda said:
and so starts the rebuilding

With the turnover of players we've had, I'd say we've been rebuilding since 07. It's nothing new.

The Broncos don't rebuild. Rebuilding means being happy with missing the 8 because you figure next year is the start. We have always had players come and go and a few times its been in bulks. Last yr was not that big of a turn over.

#1 Kemp fan said:
Scotty said:

Why do people assume playing well in a trial against a QLD cup side or an under 20's team will reflect how well someone can play first grade??? Sims was our best forward at the end of last season no way in hell he should be not in the starting team let alone not in the top 17!! [icon_thumbs_do

We don't know what Ivan does, he probably has a good reason not to playing Sims and Setu. At this point in time I have faith in the decisions he makes.

That's your definition of rebuilding. Mine is we have a turnover of players, experienced players, and need to replace them and modify the team structure.

Every year since 1999 we've lost players that fit that criteria.

#1 Kemp fan said:
Scotty said:

Because if we didn't trust how players performed in lower grades we'd never promote anybody.

Coxy said:
#1 Kemp fan said:
Scotty said:

Because if we didn't trust how players performed in lower grades we'd never promote anybody.

A bit like how Henjak wouldn'y play Ben Hunt against the Storm as a replacement for Wallace.!!

That was in a sudden death finals match - slightly different to round 1...

#1 Kemp fan said:
Coxy said:
[quote="#1 Kemp fan":1m6gt1zt]
Scotty said:

A bit like how Henjak wouldn'y play Ben Hunt against the Storm as a replacement for Wallace.!![/quote:1m6gt1zt]

In a preliminary final......vs round 1.......hmmm, yes, great comparison there douchebag :P

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • MrTickyMcG
  • azza.79
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • the_next
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Manofoneway
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • Locky24
  • lynx000
  • Griffo
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.